Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

My favorite Air Canada livery.....

On the iFly 747.  Oooh all that red!  My favorite of all the ACA liveries.  Hope my Canadian fellow simmers will enjoy taking some nostalgic flights with her.

c7yB7z.jpg

kNns2O.jpg

SK8ZL8.jpg

A few more things to finish and I'll upload her, and KLM (She's done too).

Don't mind the ugly red mottling, its an artifact issue of the JPG compression algorithm, it really looks great in the sim. :wink:  

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Another awesome paint! Now that I have the iFly bird, I'll look forward to trying it out.

Thanks guys!

She's a beauty...I have a real attraction to cheat lines...so sad I can't accurately throw Pan Am and TWA on her.  :mellow:

I just uploaded her to the Flight1 library...she'll be in the next upload cycle there.

towMEX.jpg

KLM will be next

Here are 3 close ups of the finished version:

I started out with a drawing over a photo for the tail, but didn't like the results so I redrew it by hand...I think the Maple Leaf looks much better now.  The winglets were not hard to paint...unlike the ones for Air Pacific!  :shok:

OBARAy.jpg

Very basic, classy lines....no wonder I like her.

The Air Canada is just a tweak of your standard Ariel font....didn't take too long to do.

QVFyef.jpg

I put some dirt on the tail and around the side cargo door (she's a combi) to give her that "in service" look.

0ohtEs.jpg

The red color always gets mottled with the jpeg compression.  But trust me it looks fine on the model.

• Upvote 1

Amazing stuff!!!

Your right too. It's a great model!!! Off to fly my 2nd flight on it. :)

If we talk nostalgia, for me it's "Canadian Pacific"...

Hey Carlos, Kyle mentioned that they already painted C-GMWW.  I asked him if it was the goose or red chevron version but he hasn't answered yet.  I'll probably paint the one they don't do.  I have a lot of Canadian simming friends.  :wink:

If you're referring to the orange CP Air, I don't think they ever flew the -400.  I really liked that livery too though!

Amazing stuff!!!

Your right too. It's a great model!!! Off to fly my 2nd flight on it. :)

I'm glad you're enjoying her!  :smile:

Hey Carlos, Kyle mentioned that they already painted C-GMWW.  I asked him if it was the goose or red chevron version but he hasn't answered yet.  I'll probably paint the one they don't do.  I have a lot of Canadian simming friends.  :wink:

If you're referring to the orange CP Air, I don't think they ever flew the -400.  I really liked that livery too though!

I'm glad you're enjoying her!  :smile:

I imagine we would have seen the orange livery on the 400 if CP had stayed a bit longer :) perhaps a fictional on those 744?

;)

I imagine we would have seen the orange livery on the 400 if CP had stayed a bit longer :) perhaps a fictional on those 744?
;)

At the rate the PMDG paint shop is finishing liveries, they may be done with ALL the real liveries soon and start on fictionals...who knows if we'll see a big orange CP Air?

Very.Very Nice Steve  

Thanks Patrick.  She is becoming one of my favorite liveries....will take her on a Toronto to Paris run soon. 

• Upvote 1

On the iFly 747.  Oooh all that red!  My favorite of all the ACA liveries.  Hope my Canadian fellow simmers will enjoy taking some nostalgic flights with her.

c7yB7z.jpg

kNns2O.jpg

SK8ZL8.jpg

A few more things to finish and I'll upload her, and KLM (She's done too).

Don't mind the ugly red mottling, its an artifact issue of the JPG compression algorithm, it really looks great in the sim. :wink:  

Merci.

Hey Carlos, Kyle mentioned that they already painted C-GMWW. I asked him if it was the goose or red chevron version but he hasn't answered yet. I'll probably paint the one they don't do. I have a lot of Canadian simming friends.

If you're referring to the orange CP Air, I don't think they ever flew the -400. I really liked that livery too though!

Hi there! Yeah it was the orange one. What I remember from going to Canada for the first time in... 1982!!!

Not knowledgeable enough to know what exact models they had, but I know it was orange.

I think there was a place to look it up to know the exact model even. This was for a flight from Buenos Aires, Argentina to Toronto, CA (and if my memory is correct, stops at Santiago, Chile and Lima, Peru). :)

Thanks guys!

Who knows if a CP Air will get painted....there are a lot of great painters out there!  :wink:

Carlos, it was a -200, I checked and from what I can tell they never flew the -400.