Sign in to follow this  
Angelo Cosma

No splash lights on ground at night?

I did the tutorial flight in P3D v3.4 no hotfix, and landed at KSFOv2HD (FlightBeam) at night and did not get and forward illumination. No taxi, landing, turnoff lights, pitch dark. Pretty hard to see, do I have to enable these from the CDU straight away?

Angelo Cosma

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

do I have to enable these from the CDU straight away?

You shouldn't need to. Check your P3D lighting options, and also try loading up at a default airport to see how it looks there.

P3D lighting options are set to illuminate ground and HDR enabled. Will check default, but I assume you guys tested FB KSFO since it was the tutorial flight? Will report back.

Will check default, but I assume you guys tested FB KSFO since it was the tutorial flight?

Sure, but during the day...

Same here,

no Taxi- or Landing light Illumination on Ground.

Tested on Default and Addon Airports

And yes, P3D lighting options are set to illuminate ground and HDR enabled

Harald Fuhr

So are splash lights missing only at KSFO or everywhere? In the first case, I suppose it is due to a ground textures problem?

if i start P3d and the Queen, set Daytime. After all is loaded i choose Nighttime splash lights are there

Harald

Same here. Landed at Moscow Sheremetyevo, pitchblack, lights did not illumitate the taxiway, could only guess when to turn and where to park.

No texture replacements, but am using a shader preset, yes. However the 777 and 737 are both unaffected by this. I understand the 747 may be coded differently.

FYI

FSX:SE Win7 64 Prof

Everything works, landing lights, splashes from strob, taxi light. All lightning is working.

Yeah - if any of you are using shader mods, DX10, or anything like that, try it without all of that stuff.

FSX Acc, absolutely no texture mods, DX10 or anything of the sort. No splash/light on ground (not during the day with the relevant option enabled either), but LDG lights does illuminate the fuselage.

Same here as Meese have same FSX Acc. I also have directx10 fixer. no problems with any other PMDG aircraft or other aircraft . Lighting does all show as on externally but nothing on the ground with the 747v3. Does show on fuselage. Comming into land at night the lights show up on the runway just before touchdown then disappear as soon as the wheels make contact with the runway. System Win 7 Professional with high end GPU and SSD

WITH the shader mods, but lights work great and as advertised at FlightBeam KPHX. NO GO so far at KSFO, KDEN, VHHX and a few more...

This is perplexing.

I have looked at trying to resolve this issue and here's what I've found:

Daylight splashes will work for me if I enable them in the PGMD > Options > Aircraft > Page 7 > Daylight splash effects > enabled. 

Is this aircraft specific? Because after changing liveries, I had to enable this option again. (I thought options were across all liveries; guess not.)

Here's the strange part:

Now, I go to the options in P3D - World > Time Preview.

I slowly move the slider to and fro. The splash effects remain until it reaches Night (however that's defined..don't know) and the splash effect go away.

Now, reset the option for daylight splashes to be disabled and the night splashes return, they are quite muted; but are there.

Does this rule out a problem with using PTA (for example) and points to an issue with the Queen? Or, am I just nuts? 

The muted night splash effects make nigh operations close to impossible; can't see to taxi.

Thoughts? anyone.

One new item:

The Enabled option for daylight splash effect does not 'stick' for me. I set this option and the next time I load the same aircraft, this option is back to being Disabled.  :Doh:

Edited by RichieFly
  • Upvote 1

This is perplexing.

I have looked at trying to resolve this issue and here's what I've found:

Daylight splashes will work for me if I enable them in the PGMD > Options > Aircraft > Page 7 > Daylight splash effects > enabled. 

Is this aircraft specific? Because after changing liveries, I had to enable this option again. (I thought options were across all liveries; guess not.)

Here's the strange part:

Now, I go to the options in P3D - World > Time Preview.

I slowly move the slider to and fro. The splash effects remain until it reaches Night (however that's defined..don't know) and the splash effect go away.

Now, reset the option for daylight splashes to be disabled and the night splashes return, they are quite muted; but are there.

Does this rule out a problem with using PTA (for example) and points to an issue with the Queen? Or, am I just nuts? 

The muted night splash effects make nigh operations close to impossible; can't see to taxi.

Thoughts? anyone.

One new item:

The Enabled option for daylight splash effect does not 'stick' for me. I set this option and the next time I load the same aircraft, this option is back to being Disabled.  :Doh:

Have you figured out anything yet? I uninstalled PTA.

Quick brainwave, do we all have FSL spotlights? I can't test right now, but that's the only thing I've got installed that isn't an aircraft or ASN.

Meese , I have updated my spotlights ( free version for A320X) to get directx 10 clouds to work which did the trick, then I tested the PMDG 747 V3 after that at night again with no luck. Im out of ideas, probably will have to wait for an update from PMDG to fix the problem for me in fsx acc gold.I even deleted the shaders and let fsx rebuild. tried at a number of airports even default... no go.

Yeah Meese. I have Spotlights installed (for the A320x).

Could be...could be.

Have you tried uninstalling it? If not, I will try it.