Sign in to follow this  
swiesma

P3D - Couatl update - crash on startup

Hi guys,

I just had the notice to update the FSDT Addonmanager. Did it like hundreds of times before.

Now I get on startup:

Faulting application name: couatl.exe, version: 3.1.0.3625, time stamp: 0x58921765
Faulting module name: couatl.exe, version: 3.1.0.3625, time stamp: 0x58921765
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0046028e
Faulting process id: 0x1bb4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d282fd65a78d30
Faulting application path: C:\P3Dv3\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe
Faulting module path: C:\P3Dv3\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe
Report Id: b9f921a3-da40-40d7-9d12-07b230c75312
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

and

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 3.4.18.19475, time stamp: 0x5851bfd2
Faulting module name: MSVCR120.dll, version: 12.0.21005.1, time stamp: 0x524f7ce6
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000a46a9
Faulting process id: 0x1cfc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d282fd59a49beb
Faulting application path: C:\P3Dv3\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCR120.dll
Report Id: 0da2f8c6-b04b-4a60-857f-5bbca35dd0ed
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Any thoughts? :-(

Best regards,
Stefan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Same problem here, issue started when I installed the latest addon manager.  If I uninstall Addon Manager, OR disable it in the C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\dll.xml file, P3D starts up without any issues.

But again, then you are without addon manager, which means that all airports using it + GSX wont work. 

I've been troubleshooting this for about an hour with no luck. Tried updating all the Microsoft Visual C++ as well with no luck what so ever. 

I thread has been started at the FSDreamTeam forum. Seems like others are struggling with the same issue.

Great solution... reinstalling it 5+ times :-D

Just reinstalled it again - now it works.

Man, I hate software :-)

The guys at FSDT keep working with that couatl thing that is always causing trouble to everybody!. You should download "n" times, you should disable your A/V, you should have a good broadband, etc. That sucks!.

Ed

To be honest, I think FSDreamTeam changed something on their Add-on Manager installer because the last time I downloaded it, it had a different size compared to the previous times. But now it is working at least.

The guys at FSDT keep working with that couatl thing that is always causing trouble to everybody!. You should download "n" times, you should disable your A/V, you should have a good broadband, etc. That sucks!.

Ed

Yeah, it's about time they got rid of that ancient piece of software. I might actually purchase some of their products afterwards.

Perfect, P3D is now starting but I do not have GSX in my Addons -.-

Oh man, I hate that stuff.

FSDT used to give me lots of grief but the last one year, I did not have any issues,....it did not ask me to update (with no additional feature benefit for me). until yesterday...  I do not use their GSX and I do not care for any GSX updates..

I wish they would solve the issue of their airport buildings disappearing during replay..

I rarely have problems with this software or couatl but sometimes I will see the buildings gone I'll go to Couatl in the Addon Manager and restart Couatl.

Best regards,

Jim