Sign in to follow this  
kiek

Flying with live traffic!

You have to add parked traffic.txt file, that  include afcad information needed to display parked traffic, and  copy it into parked sub directory

into PSXseecontraffic main directory. Some afcad files are missing in that folder, hence you don't see parked traffic in those locations.

? afcad? 

In the parked folder you find and can add airport files named "ÏCAO (of airport).txt".

In thëse files you can specify, in a way defined by me, parking positions via latitude, longitude and heading, airlines and aircrafttypes at these positions.

That has nothing to do with afcad files...

PSXseeconTraffic Manual, section 6.2 

Nico

Mmm when i change the port number to 501 it does work. Can I do this without any unwanted side effects?

I don't know, what else is running in your network.

Do note that there is no need to use another port than 29764, if you have installed the .xml addition correctly ...

See PSXseeconTraffic Manual, section 3.2.3

Nico

I really like this program. It may have already been discussed, but how do you determine which runway is actually being used for takeoff and landing? I'm not always seeing planes use the runways...

I normally press SHIFT Z to display the wind direction and speed...but, I know this is not always accurate when determining the actual runways used...

I recommend to use real live information from websites, for instance for EHAM there is this site

Or listen to live ATC channels.

Nico

? afcad?

In the parked folder you find and can add airport files named "ÏCAO (of airport).txt".

In thëse files you can specify, in a way defined by me, parking positions via latitude, longitude and heading, airlines and aircrafttypes at these positions.
That has nothing to do with afcad files...

PSXseeconTraffic Manual, section 6.2

Nico

Hello Nico,

The ICAO.txt file is generated in parked position parked folder, while using the park position generating utlity, the ICAO.txt file is copied to PSXseecon Traffic Parked folder.

if I let the ICAO.txt file stay in parked postion generating utlity parked folder, then I don't see any parked traffic in airports. only live traffic is visible.

And yes it is the ICAO.txt file and not afcad file, but to generate that I have to point it to the afcad.bgl files in the scenery from where this text file is generated.

thanking you,

Best regards,

Aftab

AFTAB HINGORO

This thread is a riot...... :hi:

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

When I right click in P3D it will sometimes only list 1 AI aircraft yet there are large numbers of aircraft which appear on the radar screen on RealTraffic.  Is there a way to ensure the same number of aircraft are displayed in P3D as there are in RealTraffic?

\Robert Hamlich/

Just bought it, thank you so much Niko for this amazing idea and implementation !!!

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Wow, I just bought the license and gave it a spin.  This is awesome.  However, it does have some kinks that need to be worked out, such as misalignment on some runways, not enough planes at gates, planes moving through buildings and not pushing back or taxiing properly.  I do have to say that once those kinks are fixed, this will be an incredible program.  I can't wait to see what happens with this in the future.  For now, I'll stick with MT6 for flying, and use this for plane spotting.   Cool stuff though.

Wow, I just bought the license and gave it a spin.  This is awesome.  However, it does have some kinks that need to be worked out, such as misalignment on some runways, not enough planes at gates, planes moving through buildings and not pushing back or taxiing properly.  I do have to say that once those kinks are fixed, this will be an incredible program.  I can't wait to see what happens with this in the future.  For now, I'll stick with MT6 for flying, and use this for plane spotting.   Cool stuff though.

I got better results by coping all my addon sceneries (lots) out of P3D, then running the park generator, firstly pointing the app to the temporary directory.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

if I let the ICAO.txt file stay in parked postion generating utlity parked folder, then I don't see any parked traffic in airports. only live traffic is visible.

And yes it is the ICAO.txt file and not afcad file, but to generate that I have to point it to the afcad.bgl files in the scenery from where this text file is generated.

You should not let the ICAO.txt file stay... See the Manual section 3.3, the IMPORTANT block of text at page 9

In my P3D installation there are no afcad.bgl files... I let ParkposGenerator search from the P3D root directory for all files with extension .bgl and in these files it will search for an Airport definition section. In the ParkPosGenerator.log file you can see which .bgl files with airports it has found...

Nico

When I right click in P3D it will sometimes only list 1 AI aircraft yet there are large numbers of aircraft which appear on the radar screen on RealTraffic.  Is there a way to ensure the same number of aircraft are displayed in P3D as there are in RealTraffic?

The RealTraffic radar screen has a much wider range than 40 nm, that's why.

Note also the effect of the vertical and horizontal limiter check boxes, and the ufo and light aircraft checkboxes.

I could of course (optionally?)  extend the range in PSXseecontraffic (now it is 40 nm). However, why would you want that? The Navigational Displays often also have a maximum range of 40 nm, and in P3D you cannot see these planes at those distances (except when you go in spot view, via View, Change View, Air Traffic , ...).

Nico

when using this tool http://www.dependencywalker.com/

it gave me some errors effect missing .dlls in PSXseeconTraffic.exe to work on my system.

Maybe this is a useful advice for Nico to find out why this problems occur with Win7 64

greetings from EDDW

Wolfgang

when using this tool http://www.dependencywalker.com/

it gave me some errors effect missing .dlls in PSXseeconTraffic.exe to work on my system.

Maybe this is a useful advice for Nico to find out why this problems occur with Win7 64

I would not trust that tool. I have run it here on a working PSXseeconTraffic in W10 64 bit and got lots of errors...

Also note that I have no Win 7 64 bit, so I cannot test. I hope that some skilled user with Win 7 64 bit with starting problems, will find out what is missing in his system.

Nico

Those kinks are a result of the data received from ADS-B servers, some radar coverage areas are worse than others.  If you watch the movement of aircraft at flightradar24 you will see the shortcomings as you described.  

The RealTraffic radar screen has a much wider range than 40 nm, that's why.

Note also the effect of the vertical and horizontal limiter check boxes, and the ufo and light aircraft checkboxes.

I could of course (optionally?)  extend the range in PSXseecontraffic (now it is 40 nm). However, why would you want that? The Navigational Displays often also have a maximum range of 40 nm, and in P3D you cannot see these planes at those distances (except when you go in spot view, via View, Change View, Air Traffic , ...).

Nico

Thanks for the explanation Nico, I think the setting is good for now.

\Robert Hamlich/

Also note that I have no Win 7 64 bit, so I cannot test. I hope that some skilled user with Win 7 64 bit with starting problems, will find out what is missing in his system.

Nico

Sound like someone needs to start out with a vanilla install of W7 SP2 and then keep adding updates until they find the culprit.  The problem with my install is I have Office on it and it seems like 80% of the updates are related to Office or Outlook.  

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

If everybody got themselves the little  ADB receivers (Ebay for $10) and made or bought the little antennas then hooked into your internet..... Flightradar24 could put you into their receiver network and we would all get better more accurate positioning especially those that are close to airports or are in mountainous areas...  maybe the planes would land, taxi and depart a bit more accurately.

I think at airports the signal range is drastically reduced between the buildings and maybe also if the ADB is on the belly of the plane.

Check with Flightradar24 for proper advice....  I've heard they sometimes help people get set up, especially if they live in poor coverage areas.

aero

http://f1jxq.net/ham-radio-amateur-2/receive-decode-adsb-acars-gps-aircraft-sdr/

http://www.rtl-sdr.com/adsb-aircraft-radar-with-rtl-sdr/

http://www.essexham.co.uk/news/realtek-sdr-dongle-10-pounds.html

http://www.ebay.com/cln/711735-8brshnty/1090-mhz-ads-b/82379755013

.......also dont some airports require aircraft to switch transponders off when taxiing and parked ?

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

.......also dont some airports require aircraft to switch transponders off when taxiing and parked ?

Afirm.

Nico

I dont get how this licensing is working, like somewhere i read that its free for all but then you need to buy a license :/ hmmm seems to be working good in the 10 minute demo though