Sign in to follow this  
Jude Bradley

UA455 delayed for unusual reasons!

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Well, that's certainly one ex-pilot now. I don't blame the pax for deboarding the aircraft. I sure wouldn't want to trust my life to anyone that erratic!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

In any population you have a mix of everything.  Of the tens of thousands of pilots you can guarantee a small percentage are depressed, suicidal, on drugs, alcoholics, have a gambling problem, etc.  You just have to hope they are stable on the day you are flying.

I should add these are a very small minority of the pros flying us all around every day.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I guess everyone has a breaking point, including aviation professionals. This is pure conjecture of course, but would she have been in a fit state of mind to recognise the onset of deteriorating mental health? Self-critical analysis to declare herself not fit to fly?

Or did she see it as a way to get sacked?

Who knows? None of us yet at any rate.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I guess everyone has a breaking point, including aviation professionals. This is pure conjecture of course, but would she have been in a fit state of mind to recognise the onset of deteriorating mental health? Self-critical analysis to declare herself not fit to fly?

Or did she see it as a way to get sacked?

Who knows? None of us yet at any rate.

You know...you do bring up a good question....could she have intentionally done this, to, as you say, get sacked....lose her high income..(divorce proceedings...she probably makes more than her husband?!!?!?), or...be in a 'demonstrative' mental state of depression that will 'impact' on her future ability to maintain a rate of income, if Spousal Support is sought by her husband!

Dang.....this could exactly be it...a staged way to absolutely lose her ability to pay, or trigger a much reduced judgement amount of said Support,...and garner sympathy from the family court judge....on her supposed 'mental state of being'....   Smart manipulation...proceeding her day in the Family Law courtroom....

This sounds more likely, than merely 'snapping'....and coming on board in her street clothes, and ranting over the P.A. to the packed passenger cabin.

She probably just came from her lawyer's office, with the bad news of what her Spousal Support Payment to her husband,might entail with her present Captain's salary in play..........hmmmm.....

Divorce is tough, your entire world can fall apart, she is human like anyone else

What happens from here is between her and her employer, I wish her all the best.

• Upvote 2

Matthew Kane