Sign in to follow this  
Alessandrov81

Sometimes Just fly...P3D V3 is WOW

Hi!

No suggestions seeking today just a word about the level of realism THIS flight sim reached today, not tomorrow. I mean i'm flying in a tweaked P3D V3.4 my A2A Spitfire between YHBA and YGLA (FTX Orbx Australia), AS2016, PTA, AI planes 100% (i use WOAI) with FSUIPC traffic limiter, (freeware) AI Ship Traffic, precipttfx, Thrustmaster T16000 and pedals, 40 FPS steady with highest graphics (cloud shadows etc...)! 

Yes, 64bit did not arrive yet, and i have to achieve this smoothness in FTX SOCAL LAX, but WOW it is great to fly, now, in this conditions!! Maybe tomorrow i will think about what i'm missing =@  and what to add to this world (it's a standard simmer procedure  :fool: ) but hey sometime just stop thinking :Shame On You: , watch panorama :hi: ,  listen to good music, perform acrobatics, an hard landing and... enjoy! It is almost the best simming experience you can get now and it is great!  :wub:

• Upvote 1

Great to see someone enjoying the strengths of P3D using the best aircraft available flying away from the big cities where the frame rates are too low. Might I suggest that you install OZx a huge freeware scenery package for Australia and since Australia is the land of fire, buy FirefighterX for P3D which puts bushfires in their real world locations which you can see and fight from the sky without a big frame-rate hit. Pray for the people that are facing the fires in reality though don't forget them. Australia is a great place to learn to fly gliders as well so while you are at it download CumulusX and enjoy the world of simulator gliding all at decent frame rates. All the best.

I average about 3 hours a day or more flying P3D 3.4 with my A2A Connie, and love it. best flight simming I have ever done,and I have almost 4 decades at it. Couldn't be happier.  :smile:

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Yup - and it gets better and better all the time.  Sometimes my jaw drops and I sit there in amazement at just how immersive flightsim can be.  

• Upvote 1

I average about 3 hours a day or more flying P3D 3.4 with my A2A Connie, and love it. best flight simming I have ever done,and I have almost 4 decades at it. Couldn't be happier.  :smile:

One of the beautiful things about flight sim is navigating the skillful pre sat-nav days which made it all too easy. It's not so much P3D but the much better weather engine we have today. I'm thinking of finally getting into tubeliners one day but would like to fly the ones that used radio navigation like the Connie did. They were real pilots flying those birds.

...Maybe tomorrow i will think about what i'm missing =@  and what to add to this world (it's a standard simmer procedure  :fool: ) but hey sometime just stop thinking :Shame On You: , watch panorama...

I feel your pain. Almost everyday mate. :Whistle:

This "mate" seems quite appropriate since you love to fly above down under eh ? :Raised Eyebrow:

Yeah, sometimes need to feel the sim, not only fight for every frame or trying to make it look (even) better.

I used to take screenshots every second and never actually watched them. My friend once told me, we were walking some beautiful scenery - people just clicking their cameras and they miss the moment, they miss all the joy when actually being there. Later, watching pictures (if ever) you can't actually connect with them cause you're simply "wasn't there".

I'm quite satisfied with my P3D too. With a few ones from my signature (and notice that put of three two of them are free!) I really really love the way my sim looks now. And performance is very good with sliders set to my personal taste. And I'm pretty much visual type of guy.

Just amazing. Specially with FTX vector.

Congrats to LM and addon developers.

It will be even better with no OoM in 64bits.

I feel your pain. Almost everyday mate. :Whistle:

This "mate" seems quite appropriate since you love to fly above down under eh ? :Raised Eyebrow:

Yeah, sometimes need to feel the sim, not only fight for every frame or trying to make it look (even) better.

I used to take screenshots every second and never actually watched them. My friend once told me, we were walking some beautiful scenery - people just clicking their cameras and they miss the moment, they miss all the joy when actually being there. Later, watching pictures (if ever) you can't actually connect with them cause you're simply "wasn't there".

I'm quite satisfied with my P3D too. With a few ones from my signature (and notice that put of three two of them are free!) I really really love the way my sim looks now. And performance is very good with sliders set to my personal taste. And I'm pretty much visual type of guy.

Yes mate!

Reason why (@gilder) i will not google firefighterx which i know i will buy for sure next time "sim improving raptus" will show up (i hope not too soon for the sake of my credit card) :-D

Safe skies to everyone e thanks to those who are devoloping sim!

I was thinking the same thing as the OP the other day. As we brace for P3D v4, let's take a moment to appreciate how stable and mature P3D has become in its current form. It will take years before a 64-bit P3D "just works" and a sizable back catalog of compatible add-ons has been developed.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP