bic

loosing memory over the Pacific?

<frustration mode on>I am flying from YBBN to PHNL on a second attempt and watching memory go from 1.5 gigs down to 443,052 (five hours into the flight).  This is with CLS 747-200.  I updated my nvidia driver to 378.66 thinking that was going to solve it.  It's gotta be this aircraft.  ARGH.  </frustration mode off>.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Let me guess:  you have FSDT PHNL installed, or any of their Hawaiian Airports 1 & 2?

No, I don't have them, just Vector, World FTX in this area.

Your Nvidia driver might be one of those that has a memory leak that has been talked about on here.

Driver 376.33 seems to be the best one. No OOM's here using that driver.

Your Nvidia driver might be one of those that has a memory leak that has been talked about on here.

Driver 376.33 seems to be the best one. No OOM's here using that driver.

I updated today, so I am  on 376.66.

I bet the developers are loving this driver malarkey... Mark my words they will still be using it as a scape goat in 12 months.

• Upvote 1

I bet the developers are loving this driver malarkey... Mark my words they will still be using it as a scape goat in 12 months.

Only 12 months ? lol

I updated today, so I am  on 376.66.

Well, that might leak too. Good luck.

No, I don't have them, just Vector, World FTX in this area.

And what happens if you disable Vector? Worth a try, IMO.

AS16, will look at disabling Vector.  Tempted to try another plane that I know good enough (maybe my memory is not too fuzzy for Ifly 747 or too fuzzy for PMDG 777), but need a super reach one that can do 5,000 miles.

AS16, will look at disabling Vector.  Tempted to try another plane that I know good enough (maybe my memory is not too fuzzy for Ifly 747 or too fuzzy for PMDG 777), but need a super reach one that can do 5,000 miles.

Make sure you have the latest version of AS 16 (6255) . The previous version caused a memory leak on my system which was horrendous. 

Downgraded to .33 and updated AS16, it's actually releasing memory as I fly now!