Sign in to follow this  
Piepal

Engine response time

Sorry, didn't mean to insinuate that something was wrong, I was just wondering of this was realistic as the airbus logic will accelerate the engine at the same speed no matter what the target. Anyways, question answered thanks! 

Aidan Hutchison

11 hours ago, flightdeck2sim said:

Modern engines like the 737 don't have massive spool up issues unlike that old school VC10! It probably took 15 years for those bad boys to spool up!!

Actually not so!  The RR conways are brutes of engines. Light-up is at 11%n2 so in FS9 one has to programme a work around as MS hard coded light-up at 22%n2. Fixed in FSX.

Also the Conways respond to a slam test in 6 seconds from idle!!!! The VC10 was already passing 1,000ft when the 707 was still on the ground!

2 hours ago, vololiberista said:

Also the Conways respond to a slam test in 6 seconds from idle!!!! The VC10 was already passing 1,000ft when the 707 was still on the ground!

I take it back! Just watched a video of one taking off and it's a beast! I can vaguely recall seeing the VC10 flying from RAF Brize when I was training at Oxford and it was certainly no slouch. Thanks for the info anyway! 

11 hours ago, flightdeck2sim said:

I take it back! Just watched a video of one taking off and it's a beast! I can vaguely recall seeing the VC10 flying from RAF Brize when I was training at Oxford and it was certainly no slouch. Thanks for the info anyway! 

The best take-off video is this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFTyVYLhV0o

It's best if you turn up your sound system to max. But I take no responsibility if your sound system blows up!!!!

Evening. I'm a regular 737 Line Pilot and can back up some of these good posts.However, some operationally experienced points:

On approach with about 5-6kts high, we certainly wouldn't pull back to idle. Flight Idle won't let it come back beyond about 42% at low altitudes anyway but 57% is about right to start with for a F30 approach. You need a bit more on F40 (61-63%) and of course much more into strong headwinds. Response time is very quick at these settings. 

Most guys and girls put an increment on the speed to fly based on headwind and 1/2 gust factor up to 15kts extra. Some do it religiously and others do not. The Autothrottle is pretty good but is faster catching low speed than high. If speed is high, just give it a bit to settle down...

Cross wind is the Elephant in the room for the 737. The -800 simply put needed it's ailerons moving outboard.but of course that didn't happen. I have run out of roll control countless times in strong gusty crosswinds, long before full rudder.

Enjoy the NGX. It is very good and realistic enough for anyone. 

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

Hi All, I just wanted to chime in a bit here.I was a beta tester on the NGX and I'm a current AA mechanic at ORD.
I often taxi  and perform engine run-ups on our 737-800s. the engine response throughout the flight regime is just spot on, and about as close as you can come to the real thing within the constraints of FSX. Knowing the actual aircraft like I do, the NGX is as close as you can come to the real thing top to bottom.
Stan

Hi, I had a 737 professional simulator journey. The engine is the same (and all other things). Maybe pmdg develops software for boeing simulators? 

But I need your help for sensitivity elevator settings, I think I have something wrong I use fsuipc axis control. Can you reply please? 

Pietro Marchese 

6 hours ago, Piepal said:

Hi, I had a 737 professional simulator journey. The engine is the same (and all other things). Maybe pmdg develops software for boeing simulators? 

But I need your help for sensitivity elevator settings, I think I have something wrong I use fsuipc axis control. Can you reply please? 

Full names in the PMDG forums please, see the pinned forum rules.

Please review the Introduction document for important information setting up FSX or P3D for use with the PMDG product.  Note that FSUIPC should not be used to assign controller axis.  Also, this is a very different topic from the subject of this thread.  You may get a better response if you start a new topic.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have found that engine response time and a few other things are affected by the realism settings within FSX. Try setting all the sliders forward and see what happens.

Which sliders Pietro ? the Aircraft/Realism under the main menu or display and others ? You should notice an aircraft handling and response difference with the realism settings.

I have all sliders concern realism to max. Never set they different so I don't know aircraft behaviour with realism not at max. 

Pietro Marchese 

It's interesting that the A320 also uses CFM56 engines (sometimes also IAE engines), but its CFM56 spool up time is longer than the 737's CFM56...