Sign in to follow this  
Dreamflight767

Upgrade to Windows 10 reduce OOM?

Hi Everyone:

As the title says, would upgrading to Windows 10 Home 64 help with OOM issues with the latest P3D V3 version?

Thank you.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

this  is  a million dollar  question and the answer most likely  nope

I can´t say about P3d, but I have Fsx with W10 64, and never had a OOM problem. Of couse I also have Dx10fixer.

4 hours ago, Henrique Santos said:

I can´t say about P3d, but I have Fsx with W10 64, and never had a OOM problem. Of couse I also have Dx10fixer.

This is P3D only ....

Windows 10 doesn't change the fact the P3D and/or FSX are both 32-bit programs.  You will have the same 4GB limit like any other 64-bit operating system running a 32-bit program.  All because it's WIN10 doesn't mean anything inside the program will change (textures, dlls, etc).  P3D 3.xx will still be the same P3D 3.xx on Windows7, 8 and 10...no difference.

The only thing that will change VAS usage, on any operating system, is your settings...period.

Hmmm...Well thanks for the insight gang.  Warning:  These replies could lead to a new topic post.  =;-)

Yup, a 32 Bit app is a 32 Bit app, wouldn't matter if it was running on Windows My Little Pony Edition™, It'd still have that same limit on addressable memory size. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Chock said:

Windows My Little Pony Edition™

LOL!!