Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

Level D 767 for P3D Now Available

30 minutes ago, roryconor said:

Hi

I have exactly the same problem, N2 flickering and inoperative MCP, otherwise its great to finally get back into my favourite cockpit in P3D3. No-one else is reporting any problems, I have tried reinstalling with no change.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Rory

P3D v 3.4.18.19475/W10

So I'm not the only one.. I haven't managed to solve this yet, either. I wonder if someone here will be able to help.

Chris

This is the top 767 add-on on ESP platform simulations, even for today. Good and vintage.

I don't know why people are complaining about repeated investment. If you have a license purchased for FSX. You don't need to pay 59 again to get it on P3D. Download the F1 Installer, you only need to validate your account, and installed it to your P3D folder.

You must install MSXML 4.0 to get SID/STAR, this is not cons because LDS actually modeled them. They are not missing from the product.

If you don't know how to fly a 767 yet, AOA has a good old 767 training DVD kit that is still available to purchase on ebay or amazon. I had mine purchased in hand from the website. 

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.

54 minutes ago, Return7 said:

If you don't know how to fly a 767 yet, AOA has a good old 767 training DVD kit that is still available to purchase on ebay or amazon. I had mine purchased in hand from the website. 

A long time ago when the Level-D first came out, I remember buying this video by Angle of Attack. That's how I really learned everything about the 767, but I lost that video in one of my moves.

If your MCP does not work you may need to make sure SimConnect is installed into P3D. This is included with P3D and you just double click on the msi file...

PATH_TO_PREPAR3D\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi

MSXML4 may also be required on some machines.

If you go to the Level-D support forum, the above is discussed there also.

• Upvote 1

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

14 hours ago, Major_Bloodnok said:

Zinerteks new VC texture set is out - eur 12,29 including tax

Okay, I've got it downloaded and installed.  It looks very nice - well worth the nominal price.  It does spruce things up and makes the panel very clean.  Go for it!!

On 2017-04-14 at 0:00 AM, MindYerBeak said:

You could also have a look at this "Level D 767 repaint virtual cockpit and hd resize" by Massimo Grassi. It's in the library on here.

How does that VC mod compare to Andre's?

spacer.png

46 minutes ago, Chuck Dreier said:

Okay, I've got it downloaded and installed.  It looks very nice - nothing spectacular but well worth the nominal price.  It does spruce things up a bit.  Subtle but very clean.  Go for it!!

Really?  Others are saying the difference from the freeware Andre VC is marginal at best.  Dang it, dont know if I should buy this mod or not.

spacer.png

I've not had the freeware but bought the textures today and am really pleased with them. 

Zinnertek released an update/fix an hour ago dealing with winglets and some snagging. Great service!

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

After years and years not flying the 67, I installed tonight in P3D and took her out for a quick circuit.  Yes I know its old and not as sophisticated as today's addons but wow did they make it hand fly beautifully.  Just a joy to fly.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Good to see Level-D still exists. Does this mean the 757 is chugging along slowly? Also the only thing keeping me from flying this is the FMC not able to use in the virtual cockpit. Can that be something fixed in an update? I would gladly pay for an expansion if money is an issue.

3 hours ago, Boomer said:

Really?  Others are saying the difference from the freeware Andre VC is marginal at best.  Dang it, dont know if I should buy this mod or not.

I will have to strongly disagree with anyone who says that Zinertek's Virtual Cockpit mod released today is only a "marginal" improvement over the freeware mods out there.

This is a  repost which a I posted an hour ago in the FS9 forum here at Avsim:

OK, so I'm mostly a lurker in the Avsim forums but I thought I would put in my $0.02.

I got the Zinertek Level-D 767 cockpit upgrade for FSX today and it's definitely a huge improvement. It's only a texture-based upgrade mind you, so no improvement to the actual model.

However! The improvement is very noticeable and looks way better than any other cockpit textures for the Level-D including Andre Folker's textures. 

You be the judge:

Andre Folker's:

31cig7Y.jpg

Zinertek:

nV8Ghlh.jpg

The first thing that jumped at me is how the EHSI and EICAS displays look way more realistic. The cockpit itself looks more detailed as well. Andre Folker's cockpit looks washed out in comparison.

Zinertek did a good job in creating EICAS displays that are more realistic.

Real life:

efJLslN.jpg

Zinertek:

60ks7QA.jpg

Normally, this is how the EHSI display looks like with Andre Folker's cockpit:

U6g05NX.png

With Zinertek's cockpit the EHSI display is so detailed now you can even see the dust in it! 

g4CD9PH.png

The FMC and the pedestal looks more detailed than before as well:

C4FX0UE.png

Now let's compare the night effects:

Andre Folker's:

mlOaAja.png

Zinertek:

sFKA5Jj.png

Zinertek's night effects are way better, IMO. Just look at the overhead: 

kC1Szv4.png

All in all, I'm very happy with my purchase and it's definitely worth the 9.99 Euro.

• Upvote 5

12 hours ago, channaffm said:

So I'm not the only one.. I haven't managed to solve this yet, either. I wonder if someone here will be able to help.

Chris

I had the same issue but a reboot cured it for me.

On a different note: is anyone else having issues with SIDs and STARs not displaying in the FMC? I updated the AIRAC (via Navigraph) but could not select SIDs in YSSY, nor STARs in VHHH (both files exist in the \Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Level-D Simulations\navdata folder though) from the FMC, however the runways existed.

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

9 hours ago, Steve Halpern said:

If your MCP does not work you may need to make sure SimConnect is installed into P3D. This is included with P3D and you just double click on the msi file...

PATH_TO_PREPAR3D\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi

MSXML4 may also be required on some machines.

If you go to the Level-D support forum, the above is discussed there also.

Hi Steve

Yes my problem is definitely related to the missing FSX Simconnect files. However, when I double-click the .msi file in the redist folder of P3D, it doesn't install. The install box just flashes for a second.

In the ContentErrorLog.txt file, I get errors like this:

[error.203]
error=C-style gauge failed to load: E:\P3D\Gauges\LVLD\B767Afds.dll, Gauge: OMI.  Verify the correct version of SimConnect is installed.
[error.204]
error=C-style gauge failed to load: E:\P3D\Gauges\LVLD\B767Afds.dll, Gauge: Afds.  Verify the correct version of SimConnect is installed.

So clearly the old Simconnect hasn't installed correctly.

I wrote a ticket to Flight1 regarding my forum access, because my old LevelD keys were associated with an old account, which I can't access anymore.

If anyone can help me on this (installing the old Simconnect into P3D), I would be very grateful!!

Thanks

Chris 

EDIT: I solved this now !! I discovered that I only had 2 Simconnect packages installed by looking in ..\Windows\WinSxS. I needed to have the FSX-SP1 installed, too. After installing that and rebooting, the 767 was working fine. That may help anyone who has a similar problem.

37 minutes ago, alepro21 said:

I had the same issue but a reboot cured it for me.

On a different note: is anyone else having issues with SIDs and STARs not displaying in the FMC? I updated the AIRAC (via Navigraph) but could not select SIDs in YSSY, nor STARs in VHHH (both files exist in the \Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Level-D Simulations\navdata folder though) from the FMC, however the runways existed.

Scroll up to find your answer

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

12 minutes ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

Scroll up to find your answer

MSXML 4.0 was indeed the issue - thanks heaps, I had missed that in the discussions!

• Upvote 1

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^