Sign in to follow this  
ozflyer

start programs with FSX

Hi All,

I have FSX boxedboxed edition.

I usuallystart the programs in the order of FSX, Multi Crew Experience, vPilot and then finally remoteCDU.

This means I have to come out of full screen mode to windowed to launch MCE,vpilot and remotecdu,thengo back into full screen mode.

Is it possible to autostart these with FSX, without them causing a conflict, loading them one after another automatically?. Maybe introducing a couple of sec delay?.

Has anyone set it up that way?.

Thanks

Ozflyer, you raise a good question. Thanks Ernie for the link to SIMaster, I did a quick read of it and it certainly looks interesting - Ernie, do you use it? And if so what's you thoughts?

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

1 hour ago, Dane Watson said:

Ozflyer, you raise a good question. Thanks Ernie for the link to SIMaster, I did a quick read of it and it certainly looks interesting - Ernie, do you use it? And if so what's you thoughts?

Huge fan of it!  Full disclosure; I was one of the beta testers, but even before that I did the donation thing for the freeware version.

Frooglesim has a first impressions video.  The developer is pretty responsive to user requests, so the feature list keeps growing.  

It's less then $14USD, but you'll get stuck with VAT in some other places.  The older freeware version is here, but it lacks a lot of features of the payware version and is no longer supported or updated.

Ernest Pergrem

Thanks Ernie, looks like I should get this utility. Will check out frooglesim's review.

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

Some time ago I used a simple batch file to start FSX and Active Sky, it would clean the shaders folder too :) I'll try to find it, it should be somewhere on my PC, you can addapt it. 

Another good option is to use FSUIPC for that, it can start and close applications with FSX