junkyspam7

Left seat, right seat?

13 posts in this topic

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Left seat in airliners, since I'm used to it. I'll switch seats in choppers, despite that not being the pilot's side, since they often have a smaller panel on one side which improves downward visibility through the chin window (the UH-1 Huey is an example of one with a smaller right panel on what would technically be the second pilot's side).

Was wondering why I see quite a few videos on the PMDG 747/777 Facebook page flown from the right seat.  I'm like, sod that, I want to be Captain!

1 hour ago, Johan_Dees said:

Maybe they dont feel worthy to be on the left side ?

It's not real life so that would be weird...

2 hours ago, junkyspam7 said:

Which do you prefer and why?

I switch it up every so often. When I get used to the sight picture of one seat, I'll switch to the other for a challenge.

It's interesting when I do switch seats because the view of the overhead throws me off when doing flows. fun stuff.

23 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

I switch it up every so often. When I get used to the sight picture of one seat, I'll switch to the other for a challenge.

It's interesting when I do switch seats because the view of the overhead throws me off when doing flows. fun stuff.

Great idea which makes sense!

Left seat. I'm a lefty so manipulating the controls with my left hand while my right rests on the throttles feels more natural to me. If only someone made joysticks with wrist-rests positioned for southpaws!

I prefer right seat since I fly right seat in real life.  But in the 737 I do left seat because of the HUD (same as the Q400)