Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

V1.2. available

Hi Paul,

I won't have a chance to try it until I get home next weekend - but I will then... Thanks again...

:wink:

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

If you change the prop tc from 0.001 to e.g. 0.1 you can avoid the surging but the drawback is e.g. a super fast reacting prop governor which causes tiny but very rapid prop RPM fluctuations. 

[propeller]
prop_tc                 = 0.1 

Hi Paul,

I strive for the most realism as practical - I'll certainly give it another shot without the mods...

Regards,
Scott

4 hours ago, scottb613 said:

...also the ignition switches are "tied" together ??? You can't operate one without operating both...

Hi Scott I don't have this plane but I think the ign switches being tied together is a P3D thing, the CJ2 and C90 GTX for example both behave that way in P3D, yet when installed in FSX the switches work individually. I also noticed this on the default Lear 45 that I copied over from FSX so I don't think it's a matter of the installer placing different files in P3D vs FSX.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Always a pleasure and you've been maintaining a pretty low profile lately or we've just been missing each other - hope all is well...

Hmm - I'll check that out as well... These are probably just switches anyway - no real function in the start sequence ?

Thanks for responding...

Regards,
Scott  

4 hours ago, Jim Robinson said:

Hi Scott I don't have this plane but I think the ign switches being tied together is a P3D thing, the CJ2 and C90 GTX for example both behave that way in P3D, yet when installed in FSX the switches work individually. I also noticed this on the default Lear 45 that I copied over from FSX so I don't think it's a matter of the installer placing different files in P3D vs FSX.

Jim

Hi Jim and Scott, I don't have the Carenado Cheyenne, but as far as it being a P3D issue: I am flying the DA Cheyenne and the RealAir Turbo Duke in P3D, and the ignition switches operate independently and individually.

Mike

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

18 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Dave,

Might have to walk my statement back on painting - I normally use ModelConverterX (MCX) to view the model while working on paint jobs - HUGE time saver - unfortunately - when I tried it the textures don't seem to load off the Carenado models... Strange... I know A2A uses BIG textures - they load fine...

Question - for those in the know - - - how do you use "Fuel Pumps" on a turbine ??? When do they go on and off ??? Also - on a Learjet - it seems we leave the "Ignition Switches" - on - during critical phases of flight - we don't do this on the Cheyenne - do we ???

I have not installed ModelConverterX....I've done all my repaints using the method I described: Photostop > DXTBmp > refresh in FS.  Does that mean I'm stupid, or just crazy?  There are some techniques to quickly refresh the textures in the sim, but I honestly don't know any other way.  Repainting CareAbeo airplanes is going to be time-consuming no matter what.  Patience is all that's needed, but I do long for the "old days" where they were very thoughtful about their mapping and the only complaint was that they didn't include layers in their paint kits.

On the Cheyenne, I believe you must have an electric fuel pump running on each side for all normal operations.  There is no other kind of boost pump (i.e. jet pump) on this airplane, and that's why they give you two similar electric pumps on each side.  The fuel nozzles need high pressure--on the order of a few thousand PSI--supplied by the engine-driven pump, and said pump may cavitate/perform poorly without fuel coming in already under slight pressure.  I believe that's common to most modern turbine airplanes.  I heard somewhere that the common procedure for the Cheyenne is to check both electric pumps for each engine before starting: turn one on, observe a fuel pressure rise, switch to the other pump, again observing fuel pressure, then proceed with the start...repeat.

15 hours ago, scottb613 said:

These are probably just switches anyway - no real function in the start sequence ?

With the ignition turned off, the engines don't start.

Concerning the ignition switches, that's a weird one. I can confirm that they move together in P3D but independent in FSX. It's FSX where you can get them out of sync.

When using the 'ready for taxi' option in P3D the switches work independent during the auto start sequence.

Btw, when you are pushing the starter button and turn the ignition after selecting the condition lever to on, you will get a severe increase in RPM and torque until all the excess fuel has been burnt.

Hi Mike,

Yeah - now that you mention it - I'm pretty certain that the Flysimware Lear has independent operation as well...

Hi Dave,

As a painter - it's all about shaving time - especially with the Carenado models - as you mentioned moving pixel by pixel - that means tons of checks on your work to see how the changes affect it... If you can shave some time here and there - it makes a BIG difference because the process is so repetitive...

A couple things I would suggest - first try MCX as it's the Swiss Army Knife of models/textures - if you can get the model to load - you leave MCX running and two clicks on "Reload Textures" and you see the changes very quickly... If you use Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro - - - take the time and load the NVidia Plugin Package - this completely eliminates the DXTBmp step as it allows your paint program to read and write DDS files directly... If you would like more info or links - just ping me...

I'll try you process to check the pumps as well...

Hi Paul,

2 hours ago, J35OE said:

Btw, when you are pushing the starter button and turn the ignition after selecting the condition lever to on, you will get a severe increase in RPM and torque until all the excess fuel has been burnt.

Hah - I've noticed that...

Appreciate all the help - one and all...

Regards,
Scott

Bert Pieke, i had a small problem I am using GNT 750 on Carenado PA31T_Cheyenne_II and when you change NAV1 Frecc. on GNT 750 it also changes in VC NAV1 Frecc. as it should, but how can I change NAV2 Frecc since there is only NAV1 in VC and GNT 750 does not have NAV2. in other word I have 2 NAV1.

Cheyene_NAV.png

6 hours ago, alexcunille said:

Bert Pieke, i had a small problem I am using GNT 750 on Carenado PA31T_Cheyenne_II and when you change NAV1 Frecc. on GNT 750 it also changes in VC NAV1 Frecc. as it should, but how can I change NAV2 Frecc since there is only NAV1 in VC and GNT 750 does not have NAV2. in other word I have 2 NAV1.

My guess is that you have two NAV2 radios.

Check your F1GTN.ini file for this airplane and make sure that

radios=0

is set.

Bert

Thanks Bert, cause I only have 1 (one) GNT 750 I modify Radios to  two (2) and now is working in GNT 750 NAV1 and in VC NAV 2

[GTN750.1]
TAWS Voice=0
Airplane=4

Radios=2
Autopilot=2
Mouse=1

Thanks a lot did not know I could change F1GTN.INI to adjust Radios and other things, nothing in the very poor manual of GNT

1 hour ago, alexcunille said:

Thanks Bert, cause I only have 1 (one) GNT 750 I modify Radios to  two (2) and now is working in GNT 750 NAV1 and in VC NAV 2

[GTN750.1]
TAWS Voice=0
Airplane=4

Radios=2
Autopilot=2
Mouse=1

Thanks a lot did not know I could change F1GTN.INI to adjust Radios and other things, nothing in the very poor manual of GNT

I can tell that you do not like following instructions..  :happy:

Bert

So, how does the Cheyenne compare to the Turbine Duke?  I suspect people will say the TD is much better but, in what ways?  Feel?  Engine?  Systems?  Does it handle right compared to a RW Cheyenne?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

...or, has this aircraft already been hangared by many. 

I was a big fan of the PA46-350P for a long time until I switched to P3D and lost my avionics in it.  I finally did hangar it for that reason.  If I did get another Caralabeo, it would be one that had something special to it...not the usual "fly it five or six times" and go back to what I was flying before.  I want an airplane that I want to keep flying.  It needs to have a "real" feel to it, big sounds, switches work, character.  I worry that many Carenado aircraft fall into the nice looking and vanilla kind of flight model which would make people bored in a short amount of time which would be too bad because flying a real airplane like this one would be an amazing experience. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM