Sign in to follow this  
Pilot53

Pmdg dc6

With the pmdg dc6 there is an issue with bmep and manifold pressure in xp11.  When switching to the high blower setting as manifold pressure increases but bmep does not.  In xp 10 bmep increases with mp.  Does anyone know what changed in v11 to cause this behavior?  Is there anything in planemaker that I can do to fix the behavior?  

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I think it is more complicated than that. And sadly, do not eagerly wait for any update, there has been no news for supporting XP11, I guess we have to wait to atleast end of the year (hence, the DC6 will be released and updated for FSX/P3D first, after that we do not know so much more what will happen with the XP version, will PMDG decide to starting supporting XP or not?).

I've sadly shelfed this aircraft, I am very disappointed of the lack of bug-fixes, support and updates for this aircraft (I bought an aicraft, and filed some bugs, which have not been updated at all). Sorry for this rant, I thought PMDG would be more of an open and supportive developer, but they seem not to care for users because of probably low sales.

• Upvote 1

well robert said that they will release the dc-6 for p3d now and then backport all advances to x-plane.

7 hours ago, Vantskruv said:

"I thought PMDG would be more of an open and supportive developer, but they seem not to care for users because of probably low sales"

Unfortunately; X-Plane “seems” to be an afterthought and is not their main targeted market.

Correct. I would imagine they will release an update at some point but you will have to wait till after p3d v4 and all the new bugs introduced. Maybe by late 2018/2019. My guess is they don't really want to support x-plane 11. PMDG is an ESP company. 

13 hours ago, Pilot53 said:

With the pmdg dc6 there is an issue with bmep and manifold pressure in xp11.  When switching to the high blower setting as manifold pressure increases but bmep does not.  In xp 10 bmep increases with mp.  Does anyone know what changed in v11 to cause this behavior?  Is there anything in planemaker that I can do to fix the behavior?  

Mike, I hate to say it, but you posted a PMDG-related question within the X-Plane forum.  Not that this was wrong, it's just that for bug-related issues, you would get better results posing the question in PMDG's unofficial support forum.  There, you can hear from the likes of PMDG staff and those who are very experienced with PMDG products, no matter what platform they are built for.  I cannot say for certain that this issue you have is a genuine bug, but to find out, ask them more directly at their forum, or you can open a support ticket through their website.

Hope that helps.

4 hours ago, Jimm said:

Mike, I hate to say it, but you posted a PMDG-related question within the X-Plane forum.  Not that this was wrong, it's just that for bug-related issues, you would get better results posing the question in PMDG's unofficial support forum.  There, you can hear from the likes of PMDG staff and those who are very experienced with PMDG products, no matter what platform they are built for.  I cannot say for certain that this issue you have is a genuine bug, but to find out, ask them more directly at their forum, or you can open a support ticket through their website.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, I did post over there too but this is an xp11 issue only, and pmdg does not yet officially support xp11.  Just wanted to see if anyone in the community with more xplane experience might know of a tweak to fix this issue.  I fear it will be a long wait for pmdg to fix it themselves.