Sign in to follow this  
Demious

Control assignment v4

Wen FSUIPC is no longer available for V4, how are we gonna change controller assignments when switching aircraft?

Cheers!

Maarten

3 minutes ago, Demious said:

Wen FSUIPC is no longer available for V4, how are we gonna change controller assignments when switching aircraft?

Apparently Pete will be/is working on a P3DV4 compatible FSUIPC,

You do have the option of exporting your control set up & naming it.

I currently have one for twin engine recips & another for twin jets.

You just import the one you want to use for the particular flight.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

2 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Apparently Pete will be/is working on a P3DV4 compatible FSUIPC,

That's great news. Erich! Thanks for the update. :)

What would we do without Pete. ;)

1 minute ago, Rossco said:

You do have the option of exporting your control set up & naming it.

I currently have one for twin engine recips & another for twin jets.

You just import the one you want to use for the particular flight.

Ah, exporting is finally working, that's also good to hear.

Cheers!

Maarten

It is handy however if you have controllers such as PFC throttles with dedicated reverse thrust levers then these are not assignable as an axis controller (that I can see). FSUIPC will certainly be welcome when Pete get's it sorted.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

Pete is back and has stated there WILL be an FSUIPC5 but not immediately and it will not be a free upgrade.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Actual quote:

There will be an FSUIPC5 for P3D4, but first release won't coincide with the rather rushed (in my opinion) release of P3D4 on Tuesday. And FSUIPC5 will be a new product, not an upgrade. It's been too much work to have it as just an upgrade.

The user weather stuff is stripped out, and some other facilities do not yet work (mouse macros, menu diversion, frictions just to name three). They are dependent on further P3D development.

Pete

Does v4 have a modules folder that fsuipc will go into along with the LINDA files? If so I hope our current p3d v3 config files with all of our fsuipc assignments, axis, etc....can be copy and pasted over. 

Eric 

Hi Eric,

No it doesn't, but neither does V3 till you install FSUIPC or some other program/utility that requires it.

I have done as you suggest with v3 when Iv'e done a new install & it has worked OK to bring back assignments etc.

FSUIPC at the moment just does not work in v4.

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ross