Sign in to follow this  
Katoun

DHC-2 Beaver released!

7 hours ago, spilok said:

Doesn't seem to have a GPS either.

You can choose to have a full suite of GPS (530/430) via the MVAMS (configuration utility on your desktop icon).

As for the autopilot, when turning it on (AP button) it will default to the ROL mode (wings level). Hitting the HDG button will switch from ROL mode to HDG mode.

You can use the large (only) knob to pre-select the altitude at which you wish to hold. Press the ALT button to climb/descend to the set altitude.

The rest of the functions available should be self-explanatory.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thank you.  Also...there was an update to this plane today.  Got an email with the link this morning. Got autopilot working well today.

Stan

And, if you click on the MilViz Addon Management System (MVAMS) icon after you update, you will get another notification to update again as that is now built into the MVAMS.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

The Aerosoft Beaver has been and still is one of my favourite FSX bush planes but, so far, from what I have read, the MilViz version also sounds very good. However I just wondered if any of those who have purchased it could offer a comparison with the Aerosoft Beaver? I am tempted but basically I am asking is it worth buying if you already have the Aerosoft version? In the past I might have just jumped right in and bought it but now that I am retired I am a little more careful on what I spend my money!!

Bill

The Aerosoft Beaver first came out in FS9 and was an awesome addition to FS9.  When FSX was first released, many did not upgrade to the FSX version as there were some issues with the update (see https://www.avsim.com/pages/0507/BeaverX/BeaverX.htm).  The thing for me was that there was a BeaverX already included in the Default FSX (three variations) and it was well designed and fully compatible with FSX and, most importantly with DX10 when Acceleration was released.  They took a long time to upgrade to FSX too as I believe Aerosoft was a strong supporter of FS9 and didn't think much about the new sim.  If it had been released soon after the release of Acceleration (which is DX10), I would have gotten it but I fell asleep waiting and looked at the many other add-ons being developed for FSX/Acceleration or FSX/SP2.  So that was the reason I did not get the Aerosoft FSX version. 

The MilViz  was developed with the latest technology and comes with a lot of neat options.  You can load your aircraft with Cargo or Passengers.  It comes with 3 variations (believe the FSX version has all of those variations too).  You have several (six) options for Radios.  You have Weather Radar.  Well, heck, here's a video -

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

In addition, the Beaver will be updated to P3Dv4.x at no charge.

Fr. Bill    

Hi Bill-

Any idea when this will happen? I've pretty much moved over to V4 so it would be a great addition.

Thanks!

Mark

16 hours ago, newtie said:

Hi Bill-

Any idea when this will happen? I've pretty much moved over to V4 so it would be a great addition.

Thanks!

Mark

+1

From what Colin has shared, it is taking a bit longer than anticipated, but progress is being made. It is likely to take another week or so however.

Fr. Bill    

On 5/26/2017 at 11:43 AM, Katoun said:

We are pleased to announce the release of the Milviz DHC-2 Beaver, venerable and versatile workhorse of the bush.

Completely configurable with choice of tundra tyres, standard wheels, skis or amphibious floats, our beautifully rendered model also offers the choice of cargo or passenger fuselages in a wide selection of your favourite liveries.

Systems are precisely modelled to give the authentic & immersive experience you have come to expect from Milviz with flight dynamics by Tom Falley based on his extensive experience as a real life Beaver Pilot and refined to match each landing gear configuration.

Special introductory price $34.99 (ends June 10) includes optional WX Advantage weather radar
Available from http://milviz.com/flight/products/DHC2/
(A free Prepar3d v4 compatibility upgrade will be released next week)

Apparently it's not June 10, because I see the regular price today, and it's only June 9th.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

The sale is now back on for the last day. 

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

It is a must get for me, I miss FSX only for the Beaver.

I cannot wait to see it in VR.

Aaron Tirrell

Sorry guys, I just have to be contentious here. I'm still happily flying in FSX with both a free default Beaver and a very good Aerosoft Beaver which I got for EUR14. On top of that I'm flying in VR with my Oculus Rift using FlyInside. Everything just works, really cannot see the point of buying expensive add-ons and converting to expensive and still-largely-incompatible 64-bit flight sims at this stage. I'm sure I'm going to get a beating from all the guys who have bit the bullet and probably know better than me, but that is my honest opinion of the current state of affairs.

Seeing that this is the "Bargain Hunter's Forum", I really don't think that $34.99 is a bargain, no matter how good the aircraft is. I have a handful of Milviz aircraft and have bought each of them for around US$20-25. That to me is value, but Milviz has gone crazy with prices on its latest offerings, so I've stopped buying them.

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit