Sign in to follow this  
Fjord_flyer

P3D V4 Massive FPS drop after view change

Hi All,

I have a new install of Prepar3d V4 on a relatively new Windows 10 install (no P3D on this system install prior to V4).

With all settings untouched at default, everything runs fine in the default scenario (100+fps), but when I switch to a new view (such as Spot), the fps drops to ~2fps. 

To regain smooth FPS I have to reset the scenario, but will be restricted to the default cockpit view, unless I want to see a massive FPS drop again. Interestingly, once the FPS rate has dropped, pausing the game sees the FPS rate return to normal, but unpausing sees it drop again.

Brief system specs are:
Windows 10 (on SSD)
P3D V4 (clean install on SSD)
i7 6700k @ 4 Ghz
16Gb RAM
Asus Strix Nvidia 1080Ti
Two monitor windows setup, but running P3D only on one monitor (an Asus GSYNC monitor)

I'm perplexed as to what the issue is. I've tried reinstalling, deleting the generated files, unplugging usb devices, disabling monitors, disabling GSYNC, changing graphic settings, closing steam and unplugging Vive (steamVr liked to auto launch depsite being told not to), and rebooting. Nothing has worked so far.

Would love any advice or help!

Cheers,

Fjord_flyer

Turn HT on.

I saw many people with 6700K have the same issue.

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.

I have the same issue and it is even caused when I switch sound off/on. I also use a 6700K. The problem does not occur when using HDMI for sound.

ugcx_banner.png

Good Evening,

Did anyone identify a fix for this?? Recently moved over to P3Dv4 and I am getting this same issue. Running very well but on random occasions when I change to any view, especially outside it will drop to 2 or less FPS.

This becomes non recoverable and sim needs to be restarted.

I saw Harvgordons below comment and I can confirm HT is already on.

System is 

8700k Overclocked to 4.3ghz

Nvida 1080 gpu

16gb DDR4

Any thoughts guys?

Chris

On 5/31/2017 at 6:13 PM, Harvgordon said:

Turn HT on.

I saw many people with 6700K have the same issue.

I have this issue occasionally....

what I do is select ‘end scenerio/exit’ from the main menu —> when prompted are you sure you want to exit I wait five seconds then answer ‘no’ —-> This jumps me back into the sim and my frame rate is restored to normal 

this is works for me every time.... but there is no science or reasoning behind it... I just stumbled upon the fix (for me at least).

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

It may of may not be "the problem" for everybody, but I also have a 6700K with a GTX1080 and never had this problem UNTIL my NVidia GPU drivers updated themselves to the most current driver version.  I rolled back the drivers to my previous "no problems" version and it solved it for me.  The latest NVidia drivers contained "The Fix" for the recently identified CPU fiasco/security vulnerability, so if you roll back you won't have that "fix" anymore.  But it's the only solution I found for now (short of maybe some of the other solutions mentioned here that might work for some people).

Rick Ryan

7 hours ago, spilok said:

What's HT?

Hyper Threading Technology: X  CPU cores with hyper-threading (being activated in BIOS) appear as 2X logical CPU to an operating system.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I have a similar or same problem. When I switched airports, on the runway I have locked 20 fps while paused. if I unpause or run the sim it drops to 1 fps. I used msi afteruburner to view my cpu and gpu percentage.

while unpaused and at 1 fps  the gpu is running at 0%  so, is the gpu even doing anything?  when I pause the sim the gpu comes back to around 44% which is where I run normally. the only solution I have found was to reboot the sim. I have not installed any new nvidia drivers recently.

1060 6 gb video card

4700k cpu 4 cores.

-stampee

I confirm the exactly the same problem with i7 8700K and GTX1080ti.  Unpause 3 fps pause mode 60 fps. Before frame brake down  after view change the HDMI sound exit. I restore the complete System (win10 and P3Dv4-drive) by acronis Image. Four days before I had the second same crash.