Sign in to follow this  
Alphafoxsierra

Community Update #2 Announced

Great to see that a second update is already upon us.

Is DTG planning to release updates on a weekly/bi-weekly basis?

I have a question for FSW devs. Is the rain on windscreen effect model coded dependent or is it coded in the sim so all addon aircraft will have it?

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Aimee

Are the updates automatic, ie they d/load in the background when you sign on to DTG/FSW 1st time after release, or do you have to find a clickable link up in the DTG/FSW Forums?

Thanks

T45

1 minute ago, Treetops45 said:

Aimee

Are the updates automatic, ie they d/load in the background when you sign on to DTG/FSW 1st time after release, or do you have to find a clickable link up in the DTG/FSW Forums?

Thanks

T45

They are automatic. They should start downloading once you open the Steam client.

Aimee Sanjari

Brand Manager, Dovetail Games

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

1 hour ago, fsxkitty said:

Great to see that a second update is already upon us.

Is DTG planning to release updates on a weekly/bi-weekly basis?

We are definitely releasing regular updates, however we aren't setting a solid deadline for them it is largely dependent on the content. We can build and release smaller updates in as little as a week, but we are planning some pretty big ones for this summer which will take longer. 

• Upvote 4

Aimee Sanjari

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

1 hour ago, warbirds said:

I have a question for FSW devs. Is the rain on windscreen effect model coded dependent or is it coded in the sim so all addon aircraft will have it?

Just checked with the dev team, and it is model dependent. 

Aimee Sanjari

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

I am beginning to see a potentially new practice among developers, that is, the introduction of "early releases". This is not new, but what is potentially exciting and positive is the fact that they are developing a fairly tight user -developer feedback in practically real time-- with frequent updates, too.

I welcome the fact that DTG is providing timely updates and keeping us in the loop. This, I believe, reduces the amount of anxiety and sense of disappointment that many feel in a new release.

Keep it up DTG.

Also, what I suspect is happening is the realization that focusing on few good things is better than providing all kinds of features that don't fully work.

If DTG aims at, first, to become the best GA sim out there, it can set the bar for good future add ons. Creating new and more complex planes and features  is then a matter of time and third party participation.

Let's see.

tony

1 hour ago, DTG Aimee said:

They are automatic. They should start downloading once you open the Steam client.

Thank you

Keep up the good work with the Communicating. It's appreciated.

T45

7 hours ago, DTG Aimee said:

The issue isn't on our end I'm afraid, but we are trying to get it sorted out!

I'm a little confused (it happens a lot!). If the problem is not with your end, who else could be responsible? Although the joystick has been out of production for many years, it's plug-and-play in Windows 10 and the forces still work by default in FSX.

3 hours ago, warbirds said:

So really no different to FSX, then? I was hoping that it would be hard-coded in as it was in FS9 as it seems to be the feature which everyone mentions when talking about FSW.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Thanks for your answer. I would like to know if it would be easy or even possible for other developers to use this effect on their planes when they produce them for FSW? You obviously have made the effect and made it work with the stock planes so would or could a developer be allowed or encouraged to use this effect or will it remain proprietary to your stock planes only?

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Is the force-feedback only disabled on the MS Force-feedback 2 joystick or all joysticks?  I have a Logitech G940 and enjoy the force-feedback.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

On 6/1/2017 at 6:45 PM, warbirds said:

Is there a map you can open while in flight like FSX has? If there is please tell me how to get to it. If there is not please put this on your update list.

Yes, during the flight, press 'P' to pause. Click on the Flight Planner tab above the box on the left side of the screen.

You can left-click on the map to minimize the large box on the left.To pan the map around, left-click and drag.

You can also edit the flight plan in-flight.To do so, un-minimize the legend box on the lower right (click the button in the upper-right part of the legend box) and there's your flight plan. You can delete waypoints or add to your plan by clicking in the map.

Barry Friedman

Thanks,,,that works great and is far better then the stock FSX or P3D map. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I wish the map had a lot more information and options though.  I would love to see sectional chart style maps with options to either show or hide all the various ADFs, VORs, VORDMEs, airspaces, etc etc and it should also include the ability to get detailed airport information including runway headings and ILS frequencies and even tawiway info and fuel location (like airnav might show).  maybe approach plates could be on their own tab in the flight planner or something (or integrated onto the map maybe)

Im really sure these things will be greatly improved over time but for now I miss the information.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

24 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Thanks,,,that works great and is far better then the stock FSX or P3D map. 

You're welcome. One other tip, if want to delete a waypoint, just put the mouse pointer over the waypoint on the map and press the Delete key. For some reason waypoints are not added to the nav log, which I wish they would fix. It's also very annoying that you can't add a proper VOR waypoint.

Barry Friedman