Sign in to follow this  
caleb1

Flight1 GTN P3D v4 Compatibility

Hi everyone. This is my first post on the AVSIM community.

Does anyone know if the Flight1 GTN 750/650 is compatible with Prepar3D version 4?

Thanks

Caleb Byers

PC: HP Envy 750, Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz (max 4.0 GHz), 24GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB Memory, 2TB SSHD Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Simulators:  Prepar3D v3.4, Prepar3D v4.5, FSX:SE, FSX:Gold Edition

Using the FSX Deluxe Edition SDK SP2 for development.

Not at the moment. We're waiting for word from F1 for a timeline, Hopefully it won't be too long.

Mario Di Lauro

No compatible yet. When release you will need to pay an upgrade fee to get a compatible p3d v4 version.

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

By Jim Rhoads from GTN team development:

"We will update the GTN to V4 once we believe the smoke has cleared and there are no further issues with V4.  I will not provide a date for when this will happen. If that does not work, stick with V3. 

It will also incur a small update fee. Its not a small change by any stretch of the imagination. 
We have provided countless updates for free for V2 and V3. We don't work for free, and I suspect you don't either. Nowhere have we ever said the GTN is updatable for free for life.
That doesn't even make sense.  Lockheed didnt provide V2, V3 or V4 for free either."

• Upvote 1

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Thanks for the information.

Where will we be able to see it when becomes compatible with P3D v4?

Thanks

Caleb Byers

PC: HP Envy 750, Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz (max 4.0 GHz), 24GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB Memory, 2TB SSHD Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Simulators:  Prepar3D v3.4, Prepar3D v4.5, FSX:SE, FSX:Gold Edition

Using the FSX Deluxe Edition SDK SP2 for development.

It's out, just head to the Flight1 website. There is an upgrade fee though...

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Just now, pmanhart said:

It's out, just head to the Flight1 website. There is an upgrade fee though...

Excellent! Thanks man!

Well...yes, it's there at $19.95...so far so good....but how to buy it: Flight1 are providing a link to a so called coupon previous customers could use to avail of this upgrade offer. If one tries to open the file behind the link one will be presented with a '.cpn-file' which can not be opened with any standard viewer. 

I am a bit at a loss why Flight1 would choose such a tedious upgrade process. It poses an unnecessary difficulty to all those who would like to try their newly upgraded product.

I have send them an email requesting to be given a straight upgrade link by email. Let's see what will happen......

I was able to go thru the process with the help of an IT professional....just to complete my previous post.

It is actually really straightforward with the Flight1 wrapper. You use the coupon button on the wrapper and enter the details of your existing licence that you wish to upgrade. It took less than 5 minutes to complete the process...

I particularly like the fact that there is now a unified installer for the 650 and 750, with support for FSX/SE/P3D up to V4, one upgrade fee of $19.95 and for me a free 650 and P3DV4 functionality to boot... thanks to Flight1, one of the nicer surprises (like a 48% off sale at OrbX...)

A