Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Migration Tool now supports P3Dv4

Uhm... I don't really understand what's all the fuzz is about?!
I've used the tool for a long time, and have never experienced any problems with it... Maybe I've just been lucky, though...

• Upvote 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I've used this tool and did not have any issues. That said, I will be waiting a bit to see if one specific add on work in the 64bit environment.

• Upvote 1

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

It better is to use it for scenery only ...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Like the above says, I'd only use for installing basic non complicated scenery. You run the risk of installing files to wrong folders etc with anything more complicated

I used it to install some older Aerosoft(LIME/LIRF) and they seem to be working fine 

Awwwww.. Some folks, some folks...They have never tried the tool and they claim it doesn't work. Others, install a bunch of jungle mungle into their sim, causing all sorts of problems, then they blame who had nothing to do with their problem. (Red flag)

I am a seasoned simmer; I have used this tool EXTENSIVELY and found no errors or problems. And, I installed tons of add-ons from FSX to P3D. 

Rule#1: Read and Follow Instructions- Read!

Rule #2: Don't just expect miracles. It is obvious 32 bit won't work in a 64bit environment. Try, install and test. If it doesn't work, uninstall and move on. 

Good Luck

Joe

• Upvote 3

And there are some folks who have spent many hours repairing other systems that were trashed by usage of this tool. The product itself does no harm but it can leave the system open to serious corruption if the user is not careful.

That is why I strongly advise any user against using this tool UNLESS they really know what hey are doing and are prepared to deal with an error.

IMHO it's a time bomb, it's not a question of IF it will cause a problem but WHEN.

Use at your own risk but when you need support for P3D problems please let people know you used the tool - it will make a difference.

And since there is nothing more to discuss - shutting this one down.

Vic

• Upvote 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors