Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Migration Tool now supports P3Dv4

That software is not safe.

• Upvote 1

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Where is the evidence for migration tool corrupting the operating system? Never heard that one.

7 minutes ago, glider1 said:

Where is the evidence for migration tool corrupting the operating system? Never heard that one.

Try it and let us know what happens. 

• Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I used this tool A LOT with p3dv3 and never gave me any trouble. But with p3dv4, the situation changes due the new platform is using new methods of instalation with xml files, 64bits, and so on....

Although i don´t have any restrictions with MT, i suggest to not use it for now (Enphasys on the "now" word)

• Upvote 1

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Now, after all these warnings, I gonna use it just for fun. The install is so virgin that a mess up will not hurt me. As Poppet said, not for the faint hearted though. 

Hans

55 minutes ago, Poppet said:

All that  "one click and your done" laziness, That's so booring  (Real simmers Install manually) 

I'm with you on this.

Dan Downs KCRP

I used this with great success in P3Dv3 but with v4 I am waiting for proper v4 compatible aircraft and installers (Duke being the exception).  On the scenery front I have had really good success with installing into an AddOns folder and then using the the Lorby Addon Organizer.  Only problem I have had is with the Budapest scenery that will only select my FSX-SE folder in the installer....no getting around it unless someone can offer advice.  Definitely not going to bother with the Estonia tool this time around.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I've never seen an actual need for any migration tool. Whatever it can do, I can do as well and by doing so I know where and how to fix it if something goes awry.

• Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I won't touch it again.  I had some problems that I suspect it caused in P3Dv.3.4 and I had to re-install it completely to get it working again.

I will wait for P3Dv4 installers to be made by the developers.

The tool worked great for me in P3D3.  However, I would never, ever use it in P3D4 considering all of the file structure changes LM made.

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

I've never seen an actual need for any migration tool. Whatever it can do, I can do as well and by doing so I know where and how to fix it if something goes awry.

True. I have been doing my own stuff for years. Knowing the file architecture can really pay off down the road.

I just happen to have bought this thing way back and the update was free. 

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

4 hours ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

Picked my first migration.

RealAir Turbin Duke V2.

Pros....everything seems to be working except now switch sounds.

How about the flaps and gear sounds?

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

I used it without a problem in P3D v2 (never bought V3), but now i'll wait for some guinea pigs to test it first, lol. It's risky to use it right now.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

33 minutes ago, JeffB said:

How about the flaps and gear sounds?

Nope don't work, like those who have installed manually. Same issue the sound gauge needs to be "fixed".

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

This tool caused a lot of trouble in my P3Dv2.5 installation long time ago and will never use it again!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers