Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rsrandazzo

[14JUN17] How not to mess up a perfectly good Prepar3D v4 installation...

13 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

So basically, fly with mostly default scenery?

Have crueler words ever been spoken...? :biggrin:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I can confirm Simmarket is selling botched products. I just bought ELLX of Justsim, they state V4 compatibility. Yes, the installer installs in V4! But, the textures of the terrain are blurry as hell! This indicates false advertisment! Do not fall for it guys! I am lucky I just bought this one for now. Wait for all developers to work with P3D V4 SDK!

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Come on P3D V4????????

Are you kidding me?

I want my money back. This is scam.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

13 hours ago, Slayer said:

"Seems to work" about sums it up. Seems to work (until it doesn't) is a saying in my business. It's a saying of customers too cheap to do needed repairs and or maintenance because it "seems to work"

A lot of times seems to work will add niggling little problems and annoyances. Many manufacturers won't even deal with you if their stuff isn't installed by their prescribed methods and they don't care if it "used to work like that" or any other deflection type statements that people bandy about. Bottom line is the chaos theory kicks in and there are just too many variables in not doing something the right way and it only compounds the problem tenfold when you start mixing in several more products that aren't following the OEM's guidelines either. 

Edit : I suggest actually trying a PMDG with default scenery before just shuffling down the list and loading your sim down with every addon, runs surprisingly good. I'm about ready to wipe V4 again and just write off my previous scenery purchases for this reason. Everyone STILL dumpers their addons into the main sim folder even though they were warned not to 2 years ago...now thats just lazy.sorry.

Like it would be my own words. Well said. Sadly most wont believe it because "it works for them". They have maybe 1080TIs with 7700Ks and wont see the 10 fps decerase when things arent right. And some people seem to have problems with eyes too. Even very known streamers have problems with textures in their sim without even noticing it...Spreading to ppl that all works fine.

One cant expect that everyone stares the scenery the whole flight so see when things arent as expected but one should think that, as important "highres" is for everyone, they would actually look at it. But seems its only to make the own soul happy and able to say "i run my sim like streamer ****". Its so sad...

But its exactly as you said and as the first post here did. V4 without any addons and the 747 PMDG is a insanley fluid experience. Even on midrange system. And with every additional airport i installed, yes, some of them v3, the problems arose. Texture loading problems, insanly high fps issues, microstutters, messed up autogen and what not. 

From a once fluid sim with over 40 fps in the VC to down to 18 tp 22 fps overall without any means to incerease em anymore.

Im at the very same point, deinstall verything and only install the few addons where i know they work. And the best is, the problems are for the first time i ever experience not really detectable anymore...

And while im in no way an expert, im a web and application developer with work on pcs for decades. I know at least a bit what im doing i think. Now how could someone mess up all this stuff if hes new to the thing? I dont even want to think about it....

BetaTeamB.png

In the meantime to fix the runway lights... for pete's sake!

10 hours ago, smoothchat said:

Latest driver I can find is 382.33.  Am I missing something?

Sorry I recall it wrong, it should be 382.53.

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.

Well, well, well. Or a different surprise emerges around the corner. Apart from the fact that KLAX is a slideshow...

My suggestion for addon scenery vendors would be, not just recompile it for 64 bit and modify the scenery.xml to place it outside Prepar3d folders, but actually, enhance it some with additional buildings and autogens around the airport and remove all the  stuff they had to compromise for VAS conservation, unchain those limits,

and charge an upgrade fee for the scenery.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

6 minutes ago, garrett_frank said:

There's your first clue.

Please explain. Enlighten me. Do I miss something about them?

If you're using NVidia I recommend to use MSAA 4x and Enable on Control Panel MFAA, that will make you have MSAA 8x quality with a GPU cost of MSAA 4x.

I appreciate the advice given here.

FYI Orbx through Holger Sandmann for instance has openly said that his old FS Addon Scenery for Tongass Fjords works fine in P4DV4, and well it does. Orbx regions, global etc all install just like the old way.

Further, I have installed FS Addon Vancouver and Victoria Plus over the V4 using the old scenery library method. Everything works great.

I have installed my suites of SimAddons Canadian Airports the usual way using their new installers which use the scenery library method.

I have ported over RealAir planes and they work (almost great) except for the sound guage issue.

I believe that LM has mentioned that the new sim is backwards compatible to some level.

I flew over Victoria and Vancouver at 600knts in my new Milviz F-86 (now with their new installer).

Everything is fluid, smooth as heck. My sliders are pushed to the limits for almost everything.

I suspect any issues are product specific. More than likely planes and some of the older legacy sceneries.

I'll use the phrase above "mine SEEM to be working just fine.

One word though....I only add one thing at a time and I test out before moving onto anything else. Slow and steady as she goes. I will slowly continually add my great array of sceneries, carefully and enjoy this new sim. What me worry. Na.

I have not tried a PMDG product.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I start to see some people asking PMDG about the scenery issues, well you come to the wrong place. Robert has said that you need to ask your scenery add-on developers in accordance with scenery issues. 

I guess PMDG received loads of requests asking them issues related to the performance plummet with dynamic lights enabled. I have a steady performance with dynamic lights on only at FSDT v4 compatible airports.(After latest driver is installed) I did a test and migrate my v3 RJAA scenery to v4. I got below 10 fps with dynamic lights turned on.

So apparently, this is collated with scenery issues, that's something 3rd party scenery addon developers need to work on, not for PMDG.

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.

12 hours ago, Piotr007 said:

I can confirm Simmarket is selling botched products. I just bought ELLX of Justsim, they state V4 compatibility. Yes, the installer installs in V4! But, the textures of the terrain are blurry as hell! This indicates false advertisment! Do not fall for it guys! I am lucky I just bought this one for now. Wait for all developers to work with P3D V4 SDK!

I think Justsim just modified their installers to work with V4. I have EDDH and at daytime it is working fine, but at night I have horrible ground flickering and dynamic lights in the pmdg 744 kills my fps. 

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.