rsrandazzo

[14JUN17] How not to mess up a perfectly good Prepar3D v4 installation...

129 posts in this topic

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

AWESOME!  I havent had a problem since ive installed most of the things available for P3D V4 that i had on V3. FPS hit on the dynamic lighting on my end does hit my FPS to the point where it lags or stutters, etc. Im very happy with the way P3D V4 is running. Now for the NGX and the 773

1 minute ago, Alex Kulak said:

AWESOME!  I havent had a problem since ive installed most of the things available for P3D V4 that i had on V3. FPS hit on the dynamic lighting on my end does hit my FPS to the point where it lags or stutters, etc. Im very happy with the way P3D V4 is running. Now for the NGX and the 773

Hi Alex,

Update to latest driver: 386.53, no fps loss even with dynamic lights enabled.

Works for me, and the performance is boosted as well.

Just now, Harvgordon said:

Hi Alex,

Update to latest driver: 386.53, no fps loss even with dynamic lights enabled.

Works for me, and the performance is boosted as well.

i did that exact thing when i upgraded to V4. 

Thank you for the advice Robert, and this backs up something that I noticed the other day and posted on SOH about. I noticed when checking to see if freeware scenery will or won't work that I was taking a huge FPS hit sometimes as low as 2FPS at freeware airports when dynamic lighting was turned on. I turn dynamic lighting off in the option menu, and then all was well. I was checking airports to just make sure everything loaded correctly, but haven't really given much thought to the coding aspect of it. May have to look at these tools in the SDK to see what might need to be done to recompile them. All transitions come with growing pains it seems.

Hello ,

The 777-300 compatible p3d V4 or not ?

Cordialy .

4 minutes ago, lolocool16 said:

The 777-300 compatible p3d V4 or not ?

Unless anything has changed, last I heard was they were having issues with the ground maneuvering camera, so right now, no.

2 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

Unless anything has changed, last I heard was they were having issues with the ground maneuvering camera, so right now, no.

Thanks  :)

So are you saying that a full OS reinstall is not one of the problem solving steps.....still amazes me how many times I read on these forums how people reinstall Windows to resolve a Flight Sim issue.

This should be posted @ P3D also, I see many people trying installing addons that haven't been updated to v4. 

great tips.

As always. Superb info, superb support... definitely you, guys at PMDG are "THE" must-have addon. Thanks

11 minutes ago, MarkW said:

So are you saying that a full OS reinstall is not one of the problem solving steps.....still amazes me how many times I read on these forums how people reinstall Windows to resolve a Flight Sim issue.

right XD

I have a horrible feeling that there is not much appetite in the scenery development world to adopt this approach.

Even the 'big players' have created product migration like you outline above.

That is worrying indeed.

Alex

This must be the most useful post i've seen on AVSIM. Ever.

Now, if only... Bah, that's asking too much - One only needs to take a look at all the quick conversions around.

Thanks for the advice,  Cmde.Robert.
Let's do the right thing to make the most of this new technology.