Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Aerosoft Buses v4?

The relevance? I think the point being made is that the Aerosoft Airbus - and its real-world equivalent - are made by people who sometimes speak the Queen's English in a suboptimal manner.

"Boeing or I'm not going - it's a grammar thing."

:biggrin:

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

There is another way to looking at updating.  If a company does not update a products iits future sales of it reduce to 0.

By charging updates companies lose goodwill and some existing users go to other products inastead and the pool of people refuring to it reduce meaning less referals and lower future sales.

Support costs are a factor but the main users of support would be the new users who did not have the product before but have paid for it by buying it now. Old users add a small amount to increased support. Not charging more for updates keeps good will and enable profit from the add ons for that product and is a factor in people deciding to buy that product knowing it will be supported.

In  general forcing paid upgrade would strike me as a negative move for a company especially as there are now a wide range of alternatives.

Harry Woodrow

I do not have a lot of Aerosoft add-ons, just the Airbus series.  I did NOT like that AES thing and the "credits" to install it in different airports.

But I do like their Airbus series and I have not seen them price gouge in the past, so I am hoping the cost in v4 will be reasonable for the upgraded aircraft.

Stephen Forsgren

So has anyone tried the buses in v4 and if so, what happened?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

19 hours ago, Nuno Pinto said:

I don't, each of us have different needs. I just got tired of wrong performance parameters and the FSL was some required fresh air. Mostly like iFly and PMDG with the 737/747.

"Wrong performance parameters"  Ding damme!  Do you fly Airbuses for a living or work at Airbus? If you do.. have you offered your knowledge with  Aerosoft, to get the performance correct? (or you just think you know what performance you prefer?) lol 

^ On this same topic, I wonder what's the difference between our  sub $200.00 add-ons and a 5 million dollar simulator, or a 300 million dollar airplane..hmmmmm... thinking, thinking.

1 hour ago, warbirds said:

So has anyone tried the buses in v4 and if so, what happened?

It doesn't work. PFD and MFD  are completely nonoperational... Needs to be updated for V-4, which they're working on- along with other new technologies. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, joemiller said:

It doesn't work. PFD and MFD  are completely nonoperational... Needs to be updated for V-4, which they're working on- along with other new technologies. 

But do they fly? I think you're being a bit picky here. As per my Carenado tests, I consider moving through the air with control of at least two out of pitch/roll/yaw to count as 'working'. 

:biggrin:

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

On 6/16/2017 at 3:18 AM, Farlis said:

August to be precise.

Does no actually read Aerosoft's own publishments. ;)

Even though the current schedule still reflects August, I would wager it doesn't happen.

1 hour ago, Greggy_D said:

Even though the current schedule still reflects August, I would wager it doesn't happen.

I doubt that too. The A320 family will be launched some time after the CRJ's launch and that has been delayed from what I gathered from their forums. We are approaching the end of July and their is no sign of the CRJ so I do not see the buses arriving anytime soon....august would be nice, but very unlikely. 

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg