Sign in to follow this  
byork

RAAS for P3D V4 (64 Bit) Released!

Gents,

RAAS for P3D V4 has been released and is now available for sale on the FS2Crew website!

In our opinion, 64 bit flight simming is the future of flight simulation owing to the many, many benefits it offers.  We therefore encourage our users to upgrade to P3D V4.  

FSX has had its day. It's time to move forward.

raas64banner.jpg

P3D V4 requires a new purchase, but we are offering 5 euros off to previous RAAS customers.  Use coupon code: RAAS64 on the checkout page.

Some of you will probably ask why we cannot give out the P3D V4 version for free.

Its a fair question.

The long and short answer is that that 64 bit version requires maintaining new code and new files.  Converting complex code like RAAS to 64 bits is a lot more complex than just flipping a switch I'm afraid.  

You cannot use 32 bit code in a 64 bit app  (so -very important!- if you own RAAS for FSX or an earlier version of P3D, do not try to install it into P3D V4.  It won't work and it will cause problems with P3D V4.)

Moreover, the previous version of RAAS supported, for free, FS9, Microsoft FSX, Steam FSX, Side by Side MS FSX and Steam FSX and Prepar 3D V1, V2 and V3.

Maintaining all these different versions is expensive and becoming very time consuming.

Some other FS developers are on the verge of throwing in the towel due to the massive complexity of trying to support numerous different platforms, but FS2Crew will be soldiering forward.

So enjoy P3D V4!  Enjoy RAAS!

Keep the brown side down!

Best,

• Upvote 1

Hi Bryan,

Does this mean you will also be charging for upgraded version of the rest of the fs2crew products...?

1 hour ago, byork said:

I'm afraid yes.  Supporting 6 plus different operating platforms is getting too complex and time consuming.

So going by the RAAS price, this is essentially re-buying everything?

• Upvote 1

Since I'm assuming the 5 euro discount only applies when bought direct, and your site only accepts PayPal (who I no longer deal with since an account dispute a couple of years ago) then unfortunately I'm probably out.

I was ok with a reasonable upgrade fee, and even the relatively small 5 EUR discount was welcome, but if not using PayPal rules me out of even that, then I'm not prepared to have to rebuy everything at full price for v4 support (When the PMDG 737 package is released this would be the third version of have been purchasing for the same plane!)

I'd feel differently if we were getting an overhaul like the NGX reboot, but if it's purely a compatibility update then it's not worth paying a higher price than other users at a third party store.

TL;DR - You're welcome to my money, but I won't pay more than other users just because I can't PayPal

Mark Fox

Mark Fox

Just a notice to everyone, when installing RAAS into P3Dv4, make sure to read and follow the readme files. There are a few extra programs to use as well as steps to complete. Hope this helps at least one person. Overall, for a full price "Upgrade", the install seems a bit convoluted. Just my 2 cents worth.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

1 hour ago, markdf said:

Since I'm assuming the 5 euro discount only applies when bought direct, and your site only accepts PayPal (who I no longer deal with since an account dispute a couple of years ago) then unfortunately I'm probably out.

I was ok with a reasonable upgrade fee, and even the relatively small 5 EUR discount was welcome, but if not using PayPal rules me out of even that, then I'm not prepared to have to rebuy everything at full price for v4 support (When the PMDG 737 package is released this would be the third version of have been purchasing for the same plane!)

I'd feel differently if we were getting an overhaul like the NGX reboot, but if it's purely a compatibility update then it's not worth paying a higher price than other users at a third party store.

TL;DR - You're welcome to my money, but I won't pay more than other users just because I can't PayPal

Mark Fox

you  can pay by  credit  card or  a  debit  card  as well  so  dont  know  where  you got  the idea  its only  Paypal

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I don't know why some simmers always expect discounts or free software - does anyone here work for free? I sure don't.

David Porrett

4 hours ago, byork said:

I'm afraid yes.  Supporting 6 plus different operating platforms is getting too complex and time consuming.

The just cut it down to 2 or 3 :laugh:

On a serious note - thanks, Bryan for your continuous support and dedication to this hobby! You're one (of the few) developers who has changes our hobby for the better!

Your work is inspiring. Thank you! 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

2 hours ago, N405GJ said:

Just a notice to everyone, when installing RAAS into P3Dv4, make sure to read and follow the readme files. There are a few extra programs to use as well as steps to complete. Hope this helps at least one person. Overall, for a full price "Upgrade", the install seems a bit convoluted. Just my 2 cents worth.

What?  There are no other extra steps other than running Make Runways, which is the same as before.

4 hours ago, markdf said:

Mark Fox

PayPal accepts credit cards.  You don't need a PayPal account.

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

The just cut it down to 2 or 3 :laugh:

On a serious note - thanks, Bryan for your continuous support and dedication to this hobby! You're one (of the few) developers who has changes our hobby for the better!

Your work is inspiring. Thank you! 

Thank you for your kind words.

I knew that charging for P3D V4 would generate some concerns, the same concerns PMDG experienced when they released their P3D versions.

If only the users knew just how complicated this stuff is... this is way more complicated than scenery.  Yes people compare us to the scenery guys :gaul:

8 minutes ago, byork said:

If only the users knew just how complicated this stuff is... this is way more complicated than scenery.  Yes people compare us to the scenery guys :gaul:

LOL! Suddenly having flash-back to the reaction Sheldon (from 'Big Bang Theory') has, when comparing physicists to engineers :laugh:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Hi Bryan,

Many thanks for yet another excellent piece of software:smile:

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

46 minutes ago, byork said:

What?  There are no other extra steps other than running Make Runways, which is the same as before.

There another readme specific P3Dv4 within MakeRunways that requires you to download and install a third program so that the previous two can function properly. 

I usually try to make sure that I am careful with what I do to my P3D installs, as Rob Randazzao mentioned recently. When I saw a few layers of readme and exe files to make this work in P3Dv4, it threw up a red flag for me as a spot that others may miss and wonder why they don't get a proper install, or something doesn't work. 

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST