Sign in to follow this  
byork

RAAS for P3D V4 (64 Bit) Released!

Hi,

The locked version of RAAS that comes with the PMDG's addon is a complete version that you can use only with these aircrafts. So technically, if you don't expect to use RAAS with another aircraft then you don't need to buy the unlocked version.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

fs2crew offers a 5 Euro discount coupon for existing customers, and coincidentially the product price is exactly 5 Euro more expensive than the 32bit RAAS.

Good luck fs2crew, smells like a rip-off to me... your pricing suggests that the 64bit transition not only required a full rewrite, but was even more tedious than developing the original 32bit version.

I for myself will wait for the bundled PMDG versions to appear. BTW, PMDG seems to have mastered the 64bit transition at much lower cost, since they are not charging for the upgrade. Maybe you should ask the experts how they did it. 

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, psion77 said:

BTW, PMDG seems to have mastered the 64bit transition at much lower cost, since they are not charging for the upgrade.

Hi,

Two different policies, definitely not comparable... 

To put the things back right, RAAS was available for both FSX and P3D at once. When you bought RAAS for FSX, you had it also for P3D v2 and v3 for free if I'm not mistaken, while you had to buy a different license to get PMDG's addons for P3D when you had already the FSX version.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I bought it to support the developers and the excellent support he gives. I have almost all the products and Bryan has been great through the years. Almost always answers the same day. I can count on one hand the number of developers that do that..Want to get ripped off...look at the cable companies. When is the last time they showed up at your door on the same day if you had a problem. Enough said.

Bob M.

Bob M

7 hours ago, cowboy10uk said:

Hi Bryan, sorry for a newb question.  As I only fly the PMDG 777 as my airliner  which already comes with a locked version of RAAS and A2A GA aircraft which aren't normally equipped with RAAS. 

Can you tell me, if this version comes with anything no one the locked PMDG 777 version?

Hate to purchase something if I already have it, be it locked to a specific aircraft. 

If all I fly is the PMDG 777, do I need this separate program?

many thanks

Cowboy10uk 

Hi Cowboy,

If you "only" fly the 777, then there's no reason to get the 'unlocked' version.

The only difference between the two is one works with all aircraft and one only works with the 777.

Cheers,

5 hours ago, psion77 said:

fs2crew offers a 5 Euro discount coupon for existing customers, and coincidentially the product price is exactly 5 Euro more expensive than the 32bit RAAS.

Good luck fs2crew, smells like a rip-off to me... your pricing suggests that the 64bit transition not only required a full rewrite, but was even more tedious than developing the original 32bit version.

I for myself will wait for the bundled PMDG versions to appear. BTW, PMDG seems to have mastered the 64bit transition at much lower cost, since they are not charging for the upgrade. Maybe you should ask the experts how they did it. 

I never said 64 bit requires a full re-write.  It required a lot of surgery, but not a full re-write.  The biggest issue is actually is the constant maintenance since P3D releases a new version every year.

This is a 30 euro product.  

I've spent more than 30 Euros on a so-so meal that lasted 15 minutes.  

Yet a vocal minority in the flightsim world want, for the same price, highly technical niche market software that comes with 10 years of free updates across multiple different platforms and architectures.

But maybe I should go into the Fish and Chips business.  Less headaches, hahaha :-)

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, unc1rlm said:

I bought it to support the developers and the excellent support he gives. I have almost all the products and Bryan has been great through the years. Almost always answers the same day. I can count on one hand the number of developers that do that..Want to get ripped off...look at the cable companies. When is the last time they showed up at your door on the same day if you had a problem. Enough said.

Bob M.

Thanks for the support, Bob.

Cheers,

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, byork said:

Hi Cowboy,

If you "only" fly the 777, then there's no reason to get the 'unlocked' version.

The only difference between the two is one works with all aircraft and one only works with the 777.

Cheers,

Cheers Bryan, that's much appreciated.  Obviously it goes without saying that if I decide to use some other heavy metal I'll grab it asap. 

Looking forward to the P3dv4 FS2crew coming out, can't wait. 

Cowboy10uk

Bryan,

Quick question. Are you planning to once again bundle RAAS with Reboot into a Captain's Set?

Walter Meier

5 hours ago, wsmeier said:

Bryan,

Quick question. Are you planning to once again bundle RAAS with Reboot into a Captain's Set?

Haven't thought about it.

You want a 64 bit RAAS Capt's set bundle for the 64 bit versions of the 747, 737 and 777?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, byork said:

Haven't thought about it.

You want a 64 bit RAAS Capt's set bundle for the 64 bit versions of the 747, 737 and 777?

Yes, partially. Because the PMDG 747 and 777 already come (or will soon come) with a locked version of RAAS, I'm not so interested in those. I'll just buy the standalone FS2Crew for them. But yes, when the time comes, FS2Crew for the PMDG 737 bundled with RAAS for P3D v4 would be a nice pairing (as it is for FSX/P3D v3).

Walter Meier

On 2017-6-20 at 1:13 AM, byork said:

But maybe I should go into the Fish and Chips business.  Less headaches, hahaha :-)

Any chance of a bundle of FS2Crew + a nice haddock & chips on the side?

I'd be totally up for that deal ;)

Mark Fox

Please can you mention the version number on the main page for the P3D v4 version as you do with the previous version? It is the easiest way for me to check if I have the latest version.