ARTS

Autopilot does not work

Recommended Posts

The problem is this. After takeoff and climb to the transition, I turn on autopilot, VNAV and LNAV. And the next thing happens, the climb stops and the plane flies with a roll down. Clicking on MCP (height setting) to go set does not make any changes. If you disable LNAV and the height is typed with a vertical then it goes to climb. In FMC everything is hammered and the trimer is exposed. The flight plan is planned in PFPX. Simulator P3Dv4. And the same happens as in 747 and 777. What is it can be and how to fix it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

2 hours ago, ARTS said:

The problem is this. After takeoff and climb to the transition, I turn on autopilot, VNAV and LNAV. And the next thing happens, the climb stops and the plane flies with a roll down. Clicking on MCP (height setting) to go set does not make any changes. If you disable LNAV and the height is typed with a vertical then it goes to climb. In FMC everything is hammered and the trimer is exposed. The flight plan is planned in PFPX. Simulator P3Dv4. And the same happens as in 747 and 777. What is it can be and how to fix it?

Anonymous (full names required in the PMDG forums as per the rules),

Sounds like a procedural problem if it's happening in both the 777 and 747. Have you flown the tutorial?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have armed VNAV and LNAV, but did you actually turn on the autopilot (CMD)?

 

And yes, at the very least, please fly the tutorial. Follow every detail. It's useful, and will save you hours of grief.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PMDG777 said:

Anonymous (full names required in the PMDG forums as per the rules)

There is no anonymity. I'm not here for this purpose. Full name written

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, icemarkom said:

You have armed VNAV and LNAV, but did you actually turn on the autopilot (CMD)?

 

And yes, at the very least, please fly the tutorial. Follow every detail. It's useful, and will save you hours of grief.

Thanks for the answer! I'm not the first day I fly on these planes. Before that, I flew to them both in FSX and in P3Dv3 and this was not like that. This appeared after installing P3Dv4 and PMDG under the P3Dv4 version, all the procedures are performed according to the manual. That's why I asked for help here. Maybe someone had such a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Artem B said:

There is no anonymity. I'm not here for this purpose. Full name written

You need to sign each post with your full name, first and last, which you have failed to do. It is rule number 1.

1) ALL USERS MUST SIGN THEIR FULL NAME TO POSTS. Failure to adhere to this policy will result in your post being deleted without comment or followup by the forum moderators. To make your life easy- we recommend setting up a forum signature

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PMDG777 said:

You need to sign each post with your full name, first and last, which you have failed to do. It is rule number 1.

1) ALL USERS MUST SIGN THEIR FULL NAME TO POSTS. Failure to adhere to this policy will result in your post being deleted without comment or followup by the forum moderators. To make your life easy- we recommend setting up a forum signature

 

Ok I will correct.

Artem Bulavin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if you're not new to the PMDG QOTSII product, it might be useful to fly the Tutorial Artem.  For example, you might spot the procedural error you are making right away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Artem,

What is displayed on the FMA before and after you engage the AP?

Also do you have fsuipc 5 installed? If you did you do profiles from scratch or did you try to import profiles from fsuipc 4 (no-go)?

A screenshot of the of the main panel including PFD, ND and MCP at the moment everything goes wrong would be great.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Budbud said:

Hi Artem,

What is displayed on the FMA before and after you engage the AP?

Also do you have fsuipc 5 installed? If you did you do profiles from scratch or did you try to import profiles from fsuipc 4 (no-go)?

A screenshot of the of the main panel including PFD, ND and MCP at the moment everything goes wrong would be great.

 

Installed fsuipc 5, and profiles with 4 did not import 

Before using autopilot

1b4e09abff8a.jpg

0138a68612f7.jpg

 

 

During an autopilot

e02f8e22a119.jpg

And so, so he flies

37f01f85001c.jpg

Artem Bulavin

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks correct but maybe you climbed above the altitude that is next in the flight plan and vnav is descending to this altitude constraint. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MarkW said:

Looks correct but maybe you climbed above the altitude that is next in the flight plan and vnav is descending to this altitude constraint. 

It generally does not go down and does not rise after the autopilot is turned on. And this height is hand-picked without autopilot. In the manual mode, everything is fine, as soon as you turn on the autopilot, it becomes neutral. And the trimmer index is knocked down to 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happens after he speed moves up from 250 to the new set point?  The 747 levels or climbs very slowly at 10000 as it speeds up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MarkW said:

What happens after he speed moves up from 250 to the new set point?  The 747 levels or climbs very slowly at 10000 as it speeds up. 

I wrote above that nothing happens, not raising the speed is not height. All on one level

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now