cx777

No beacon lights after update

Recommended Posts

I downloaded the micro update last night, I fired up p3dv4 and I noticed that the beacon lights do not work. I only see the ground spalsh effect on the ground. Any one else experiencing this?

Eric Moser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes. Same problem here, except no ground splash; just engine nacelle splash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UPDATE: After multiple reloads at different locations and with different liveries, I am now getting all lights to show up (other than the landing light twist). I have not changed anything since and am quite puzzled. Maybe it was a shader issue after all.

---

Confirmed. And inboard left/right landing lights are reversed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No issues  here  after the update  using  fsx,   your not    using   your  saved  panel  state   from the previous version bdfore  the update by any  chance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

No issues  here  after the update  using  fsx,   your not    using   your  saved  panel  state   from the previous version bdfore  the update by any  chance?

The initial post mentioned P3D V4, so I'm guessing this is a P3D specific issue. I haven't noticed anything running FSX Steam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also have this issue now after updating today and nothing I new or reloading it is making the beacons work again.  Hope they fix it, I like seeing them on lol.  Anybody know how to fix it

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and yes landing lights reversed on mine also.  I think the micro update to fix the performance with dynamic lighting took them away.  Tried deleting shaders folder and letting it rebuild and still nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

P3Dv4. Everything works fine for me. Plus landing lights are correct. Version: v3.00.8370

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the 747-400F, I'm getting the bottom beacon but not the top. The switch is set to both. 

 

Alex Pugh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm surprised someone hasn't dropped in to explain why some are having problems.

Just curious as to why mine works and others don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, bills511 said:

I'm surprised someone hasn't dropped in to explain why some are having problems.

Just curious as to why mine works and others don't.

If you're asking why PMDG hasn't replied, it's because it's the weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bills511 said:

I'm surprised someone hasn't dropped in to explain why some are having problems.

Just curious as to why mine works and others don't.

Well I cannot tell you the root cause but I can tell you one thing, if it's broken for some and not for others then it's not the 747 that's the issue, it's something specific to those user's machines that's causing this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

Well I cannot tell you the root cause but I can tell you one thing, if it's broken for some and not for others then it's not the 747 that's the issue, it's something specific to those user's machines that's causing this.

Or loading PMDG aircraft after starting with another which is a definite no no.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May I retort?

The problem started with the last update. Thus, not a machine issue.

Certain machines running P3Dv4 have this problem after the update? Ok. That's the case, perhaps.

This reminds me of the landing lights' splash not showing up for some people (awhile back). PMDG fixed it.

I don't expect an immediate fix. We who reported this problem are trying to be helpful and document a problem which surfaced after the last micro-update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

May I retort?

The problem started with the last update. Thus, not a machine issue.

Certain machines running P3Dv4 have this problem after the update? Ok. That's the case, perhaps.

This reminds me of the landing lights' splash not showing up for some people (awhile back). PMDG fixed it.

I don't expect an immediate fix. We who reported this problem are trying to be helpful and document a problem which surfaced after the last micro-update.

If  the update has broken the beacon lights, we would expect more people to notice that they are broken and nobody to report that it works. Each copy of the 747 running the latest version is identical (okay repaints aren't but the underlying code is identical), the environment in which they operate is not identical. So the only thing different between your 747 and my 747 is the environment in which we run it. Now if it works for me (I haven't checked) but not for you, then there is something in your environment causing that, but it can't be the 747 because the code is the same between yours and mine. PMDG may be able to fix this if the issue is an incompatibility between the 747 and another addon or P3D, but considering again that it is not been a widespread reported issue, we can fairly confidently assume that it's not P3D. It's fairly reasonable to assume that the problem itself isn't necessarily with the 747, but rather with something else that isn't compatible.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same beacon issue here after the latest update.  Splashes are visible but the beacons themselves don't illuminate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone submit a trouble ticket?  That's the only way problems are identified and tracked in the PMDG bug tracking system.  Forum threads get forgotten.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I submitted a ticket yesterday and have been messaging back and fourth with tech desk.  They still haven't figured out the problem.  I think there is more than likely alot more people who have this issue they are just not realizing it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bkosaruejr said:

Yes, I submitted a ticket yesterday and have been messaging back and fourth with tech desk.  They still haven't figured out the problem.  I think there is more than likely alot more people who have this issue they are just not realizing it

I just saw a post in the LM forum regarding default aircraft not having a beacon.  I haven't checked yet, but is this a P3D issue?

EDIT: Gave the Beech twin a look but it doesn't have dynamic lighting. That pretty much exhausts my troubleshooting ability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a disappointment.

P3D 4.1 update.  Both red beacon lights ON.

Shut down the sim, updated the 747.

Ran P3D 4.1 and no beacon lights.

All I did was update through PMDG's updater.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now