Sign in to follow this  
aerostar

Carenado PREMIER 1A released for P3D V4

It's been released guys..... v4 all the way...

7b7df0326f49f20c6bc0fa68d1530d8c.jpg

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

Nice.

Would anyone who has this aircraft care to share their impressions?

Specifically, systems and performance.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Typical Carenado.  Looks awesome.  Systems leave A LOT to be desired!  FLC works (kind of) up to the mach transition altitude (~28000ft) at which point it's best to switch to vertical speed. Direct to is pretty much non existance. The liftdump system (think autospoilers) is not automatic.  If you do not activate them on touchdown yourself, be prepared for a looooooooong rollout. Documentation is the main issue.  There's simply not enough info how to fly this thing.  Good luck calculating takeoff and landing field lengths or max altitude vs aircraft weight.

With all that being said I still like flying her. Shes good in the handfly department she'll take you up to the high FL30s or her 41000 max altitude and just sip fuel once you get there.  All while cruising anywhere from mach .75 to .80 mach.  There's a thread I started which gives awesome info on how to assign the liftdump to a button which helps too.  Hopefully Carenado will put out an update soon for this Proline.......

• Upvote 1

Jevon 

31 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

Nice.

Would anyone who has this aircraft care to share their impressions?

Specifically, systems and performance.

it will be eye candy with junk systems. 

• Upvote 1

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

this  update is better than the 1.0 version.It's even faster lol. Too bad you can't save flight plan VNAV is what it is and the you need to figure out vrefs yourself ?

Well , I've just done some test flights and it ain't too bad.

I think I will try this on Vatsim over the next few weeks and see how it goes.

The bug that is annoying at the moment is  -  when you go to the 'Direct To' page sometimes the waypoint that you want to go direct to is not listed...  there a 5 waypoints per page on the 'Legs' pages but on the 'Direct To ' pages there are only 4....  therefore one gets missed out.   

In the couple of flights I tested for it capturing altitudes via VS and FLC mode and it worked ok...  I tried inserting and deleting waypoints enroute and going 'Direct To' ...  tried capturing ILS both Localiser and GS...  all seemed to work satisfactorily ... 

I quite like it    and it may be fairly usable without the GTN750 mod that may come.....

aero

aerostar,

did you test VNAV ?

Also If I add a waypoint to the flightplan while in the air all altitudes inserted revert back to 28000 !

2 hours ago, aerostar said:

The bug that is annoying at the moment is  -  when you go to the 'Direct To' page sometimes the waypoint that you want to go direct to is not listed...  there a 5 waypoints per page on the 'Legs' pages but on the 'Direct To ' pages there are only 4....  therefore one gets missed out.   

Yeah, I've been getting around that one by going to the LEGS page and deleting one or more of the waypoints that have already passed.  It will change the list on the DTO page such that you can now select the waypoint you need.

Ok , thanks for that C525B...  I was putting double entries to get round that.

I've done another flight and used VNAV as well this time, when I entered a new waypoint , only that waypoint was set at 28000' the others were kept as they were...  

...  this time though the 'Direct To' waypoint function was a bit funky.....  it was doing the usual of trying to pick up existing legs to follow, I used double entries to get round that.

Overall if you do the little workarounds you can get by with it, I will try it on Vatsim and see how it goes as I said.....   

One other thing I've got a problem with is getting the engines to start !  I've had to resort to the Carenado Autostart button (Ready for Taxi)....

d129325522224596fb24f2229e9568a1.jpg

5 hours ago, Novej757 said:

There's a thread I started which gives awesome info on how to assign the liftdump to a button which helps too.  Hopefully Carenado will put out an update soon for this Proline.......

Thanks for that Novej757...  it works great !

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, aerostar said:

Ok , thanks for that C525B...  I was putting double entries to get round that.

I've done another flight and used VNAV as well this time, when I entered a new waypoint , only that waypoint was set at 28000' the others were kept as they were...  

...  this time though the 'Direct To' waypoint function was a bit funky.....  it was doing the usual of trying to pick up existing legs to follow, I used double entries to get round that.

Right right, you still have to use the double entries to accomplish a real direct-to, but eventually you will encounter a situation where you can't active the second dupe waypoint (in order to fly direct) because it's hidden under the first line of that DTO page. 

Just put it in there a 3rd time then and select the last occurrence on the DTO page.

Does anyone know how to start this from cold..........   or is this another bug ?

I found that you must use the Cold & Dark 'button' on the configuration window.

I think it's Shift+7 to bring up the window. Click Cold & Dark.

Otherwise, I never got any fuel flow and so, wouldn't start.

I played around with different default aircraft/flights, but that didn't help. Wonder how this works with V4...

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

7 hours ago, aerostar said:

Does anyone know how to start this from cold..........   or is this another bug ?

Still using FSX here and no problems, but perhaps a touch of Ctrl+Shift+F4 is in order?