Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustanotherPilot

Opinion requested for iFly 737NG Prepar3dv4

7 minutes ago, 777200lrf said:

iFly has a extreme level of fans and beta testers that come to avsim every time their Google Alerts activates that their name is mentioned. They have only a limited number of arguments they make over and over. I think many are just comment bots. The arguments go "iFly has RNP" or "the dimensions of the vc are off and poor textures in the PMDG" or "you get more model variants"

LOL! 

+1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

4 hours ago, Chock said:

To answer the original thread question, the iFly 737 NG package in P3D V4 is nice and does a good job of simulating airline ops. As you'd expect, it's tougher on frame rates than the default P3D aeroplanes, but depending on tweaks and/or your hardware, it is manageable and can be smoothly hand-flown on approaches etc. Personally, I've been enjoying flying it and it's not really had any problems, so I'd recommend it, particularly if you grab the discount coupon from Flight 1 and get it for 25 quid, as I did. 25 quid for nine realistically simulated variants of the NG is a steal.

With regard to all the sidetrack arguments over the relative merits of the iFly vs the PMDG 737 NGs, all the same beaten to death arguments apply; i.e. they can both do some things the other can't and both feature some things their rival product doesn't. Any Google search will clarify what those things are.

If you want an exact features list for the iFly NG, there is one here:

http://www.iflysimsoft.com/ProductsDetail.aspx?PID=17

Where is this coupon you speak of? I didn't see it. Got a link maybe? Cheers!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

8 minutes ago, odourboy said:

Where is this coupon you speak of? I didn't see it. Got a link maybe? Cheers!

See the iFly product page at Flight1's website. If you have the FSX version, you can use a 50% off coupon, before purchase press the "Coupon" button in the main purchase screen.

http://www.flight1.com/coupons/iFly737-P3D-Download-Upgrade.zip

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

iFly 737 for P3 V4 Hotfix 1 released. Addressed performance. PS. It would be nice to see replies from only those with the aircraft in V4 respond as that's who the OP asked.

James McLees

8 minutes ago, Chock said:

See the iFly product page at Flight1's website. If you have the FSX version, you can use a 50% off coupon, before purchase press the "Coupon" button in the main purchase screen.

http://www.flight1.com/coupons/iFly737-P3D-Download-Upgrade.zip

Ah... I misunderstood. I thought it was a promotional discount,  not an upgrade. I've never owned this aircraft, so I guess I'm on the hook for the full price.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

3 minutes ago, odourboy said:

Ah... I misunderstood. I thought it was a promotional discount,  not an upgrade. I've never owned this aircraft, so I guess I'm on the hook for the full price.

Might be worth a try as Flight1's refund policy is great if you don't like the product.

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

7 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

iFly has a extreme level of fans and beta testers that come to avsim every time their Google Alerts activates that their name is mentioned. They have only a limited number of arguments they make over and over. I think many are just comment bots. The arguments go "iFly has RNP" or "the dimensions of the vc are off and poor textures in the PMDG" or "you get more model variants"

That's also true of PMDG fans too though, probably more so to be honest as evidenced by your post ironically, since this thread's title makes no mention of PMDG.

The O.P. did not ask for a comparison of the iFly with any other product (not least because there is no PMDG 737 for P3D V4 yet). Rather they asked for opinions on the iFly 737 in P3D V4. Ironically enough, that makes chipping in comparing the PMDG 737 more like the point you make than less, and even moreso given that the arguments you mention are actually not 'arguments' as such, but facts, in that you do get more variants, the dimensions are off in the PMDG and it does do those approaches. Of course the PMDG NG has much to recommend it, nobody can deny that, but it too has fans which think the developer can do no wrong.

Having both of them for FS9 and FSX and probably will end up with both for P3D V4, I think they both have plus points, but this is a thread asking users for their experiences with the V4 iFly one.

• Upvote 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

First off let me say I hate VC and have tried many. I prefer 2D panels, I can hear the gasps LOL. Well I do and I am very happy the folks made the B737 version compatible with P3D ver 4 and also provided a hotfix that helps with performance. The folks at QW might take a lesson here but I some how doubt it.They also provided a 2D for their B757 panel but decided not to update to a version of P3d V4  so far.  BTW the upgrade didn't cost a penny another plus. All I can say is it works very well for me and the sim is very smooth and I don't have  a real high end system. Happy flying..

Cheers

Nels

10 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

The RNP RF approaches is of course a biggie. It's current and enjoyable to fly. 

But so is the ability to choose different engine ratings which you can't in the NGX.

The autobrake / reverse logic is far superior and works like it should which the NGX doesn't have. In fact, I'm not sure any other add-on has as well. 

The NGX a/p kind of seems buggy and harsh (reported by some in the PMDG section). The iFly is much smoother and follows the magenta line much better. 

Having the ACARS wx update in flight is great too. Being able to download the latest winds aloft and descent winds on the fly is a handy feature. 

Plus there are plenty of options to set up according to each individual airline and their cockpit layout. 

And looking over the cockpit straight ahead just looks right with the VC. Although as above, I also enjoy using the 2D panel and that doesn't seem to make it any less 'immersive'. 

I guess some of us prefer something with better quality and more features. Because none of that above seems like it's lacking in any way does it? 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Chock said:

That's also true of PMDG fans too though, probably more so to be honest as evidenced by your post ironically, since this thread's title makes no mention of PMDG.

The O.P. did not ask for a comparison of the iFly with any other product (not least because there is no PMDG 737 for P3D V4 yet). Rather they asked for opinions on the iFly 737 in P3D V4. Ironically enough, that makes chipping in comparing the PMDG 737 more like the point you make than less, and even moreso given that the arguments you mention are actually not 'arguments' as such, but facts, in that you do get more variants, the dimensions are off in the PMDG and it does do those approaches. Of course the PMDG NG has much to recommend it, nobody can deny that, but it too has fans which think the developer can do no wrong.

Having both of them for FS9 and FSX and probably will end up with both for P3D V4, I think they both have plus points, but this is a thread asking users for their experiences with the V4 iFly one.

Actually  the op  did  ask  if  he  should  wait   for   the ngx  to be  released is  probably  why it  been  mentioned  in this  thrread 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Nice to see the ifly getting some much needed love.  It has many good points and have owned it for years.  There 747 is well done and the soon to be 747-8 will be well done as well!  Both great planes in our hobby!

• Upvote 1

Simon

And now ....Let's starting flying... :gaul: 

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

On 7/1/2017 at 4:45 AM, Anders Bermann said:

Could you please just try and act respectfully towards other members? 

Post removed.  Member sent a warning.

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Just tried it and I cant get over the sounds and the VC interaction. Its so cumbersome. It handflies good though. But that VC interaction is too much, just sent in my refund request after one flight lol.

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

13 minutes ago, snapshot21 said:

Just tried it and I cant get over the sounds and the VC interaction. Its so cumbersome. It handflies good though. But that VC interaction is too much, just sent in my refund request after one flight lol.

Yup same here.  It is badly in need of a VC update.  Looks like I will be forking over the dough for the NGX again. 

Matt Wilson