Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[01JUL17] Updates for 747-400 and 777-200LRF released today

33 minutes ago, AirCanada235 said:

So this update seems to have blown away all my liveries....for both the 744 and 777

PMDG has acknowledged the problem.  They are not blown away.  Use the OC, each "install" will only take a few seconds because the files are still there..., they just need to be reattached. No downloads necessary just click a few buttons.

Dan Downs KCRP

42 minutes ago, SaenchaySor said:

We can just hope in the near future the way will be found to make all "cases" happy. But im pretty sure it wil..

Please refer to this

These nvidia settings solved the FPS drop for me for now.

No more FPS drop.

Good luck

• Upvote 1

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif

1 hour ago, SaenchaySor said:

Sometimes one does not has to understand everything...i could let it be with this but Let me give you an example to think.
For you its the dyn lighting that doesnt have influence, but you say orbx global did. Now guess what, for many ppl including me, aczaully orbx global BETTERS fps compared to the standard textures. So what could that mean?

Only one thing.... every system and setup is different.

But i more believe you still dont know when this fps drop really happeens. So lets try the following:

Go to JustSim ELLX in a demanding plane like the PMDG, turn dyn light on in p3d settings. Set time to nighttime where the dyn lights get activated. Sit with plane on gate where lights are hitting your plane. Turn on all your lights on plane. Turn on fps counter. Now make a movie of this and show us (remember to move cam around).

If you have more than 15 fps on a 1080 then you would be the very first on this planet. And this is with the "biggest" GPU on the market. Now do this on a medium ranged one, like 1060 and see fps drop to single digits. While all time on day its over 60 steady.

So LM admits theres a bug, PMDG admits there are bugs with it, and the airport devs admit there are bugs and still you come here and doubt people. Does that make any sense to you?

Alex Wolff

I wasnt questioning anyone's statements or decisions, I'm just curious because I literally don't have an fps drop due to dynamic lighting, I know every system is different as I stated in a earlier comment. So instead of every commenting why don't we all get together figure out a solution for the issue. Yes I mean design a program, .bat, .dll  or some file that we can custom code to fix the problem since we don't have the engine to directly figure out where the bug is. Yes I may sound stupid or an unintelligent idiot like you think but it's better than waiting here for hotfix 2. Just an idea, there has to be plenty of people to figure it out, it'll just take time and a whole lot of effort instead of throwing people under the bus. But hey that's all that people seem to get on here . Everyone tries to one up everyone, time to collaborate 

12 minutes ago, Meekg said:

Please refer to this

These invidia settings solved the FPS drop for me for now.

No more FPS drop.

Good luck

Thank you :-) well, last time i checked FlyTampa Dubai has no dynamic lights. May have changed by now but i dont see a new installer from my vendor, so i doubt it. WIll have a look in forums though.

In case they have now, thats would be nice. But please be aware that to experience the fps loss in its full "glory", one has to test it on a airport WITH dynamic lights, and also have them activated in p3d settings, of course. But not every v4 Airport has dyn-lights, so you cannot test this on them. 

I mentioned ELLX JustSim somewhere else, if someone wants to test it, please do so there. But be sure to have the v4 version with dynlights.

I start to believe there are 2 parts of groups of people. The ones who experience a loss everywhere, from the planes dynlights. ANd the ones who dont have a direct fps loss from the planes lights, but they get it on the airports that have dyn lights.

All this is to some part dependant on your GPU (and other things of course). YOu can check with some GPU checker. Ppl who have around 40 to 60% gpu usage and they turn on the lights and it only incerases to like 85% then you wont have a loss. But if you are already at around 70 or 80% anyway and then turn them on, it goes up to a steady 100% gpu usage. And then the fps start to drop to single digits, no matter how good the system is.

Now i will check FlyTampaa forums

Alex W.

BetaTeamB.png

5 minutes ago, SaenchaySor said:

In case they have now, thats would be nice. But please be aware that to experience the fps loss in its full "glory", one has to test it on a airport WITH dynamic lights, and also have them activated in p3d settings, of course. But not every v4 Airport has dyn-lights, so you cannot test this on them.

Alex, you stand correct, when testing in ELLX I still experience the FPS drop.

Well... I solved half the problem then; I was experiencing it everywhere, now only on selected airports. :bengong:

Mike

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif

3 minutes ago, Meekg said:

Alex, you stand correct, when testing in ELLX I still experience the FPS drop.

Well... I solved half the problem then; I was experiencing it everywhere, now only on selected airports. :bengong:

Mike

yea, i hear you :-) its sad hehe. But this clearly shows that each and every party is involved in the problem. Its not only a LM proble, nor a PMDG problem nor one that only the addon devs generate...Everyone has to pull things together now and do the work. But im still sure its a matter of time only and we will have our smooth sim at some point.

I also meanwhile edited the post above a bit, maybe have another read at the last part.

Alex W.

BetaTeamB.png

4 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

They mentioned a few pages back and in the manual, that the only time you deactivate your license is if you will reformat PC, change hardware, or transfer to new PC. So no need to deactivate. 

-Keem

Thanks alot I appreciate it

14ppkc-6.png

I love the fact that the hot topics now include lighting and frame rate is back, much better things to zen on about than OOM Errors.  Thanks goodness.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

7 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Mark,

No- it will be necessary to pull the installer we currently have on site and use that in order to get the registry entry up-to-date.

This was my mistake- I apparently hit the reset button on the registry update right before the build. 

Seems like a minor thing- but we did the full installer run for a reason.  It will smooth life for everyone later on.

Thank you for personally answering - it was like receiving a telegram from the Queen! (I am from the "Colonies")...

All re downloaded, updated and done.

Kind regards,

Mark Wagener 

10 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Colin,

That actually made me laugh-out-loud.  AHAHAHAHAH

:biggrin:

I feel special  

5 hours ago, downscc said:

I love the fact that the hot topics now include lighting and frame rate is back, much better things to zen on about than OOM Errors.  Thanks goodness.

Agreed!  And folks, for now just disable dynamic lighting until the kinks get worked out and get back to what really matters - flying.  Personally I'm seeing framerates on V4 that I haven't seen since a FS9 install of FS....running on an 2010 computer at that....we're moving in a good direction folks.  Life is good!  Everybody Dance!

Mark Trainer

On 7/2/2017 at 3:21 AM, Richard McDonald Woods said:

Followed the instructions. Results - no problems!

Many thanks, Robert.:biggrin:

I think some people read the instructions and then decide to interpret what those instructions may or may not mean instead of..... just simply following the instructions. Or they just do the read and start asking questions. You know, the... fire, aim, ready way of thinking.

• Upvote 1

Eric