rsrandazzo

[01JUL17] Updates for 747-400 and 777-200LRF released today

102 posts in this topic

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

What if our install of the 747 and 777 was fine and subsequent updates via OC also fine.....should we still go through the process or just leave it alone?

Thank you for the update in the 77W! Looking forward to it's release! Also wishing you and the team an early Happy 4th of July celebration from Singapore!

5 minutes ago, MarkW said:

What if our install of the 747 and 777 was fine and subsequent updates via OC also fine.....should we still go through the process or just leave it alone?

At the end of the day if you want to update then by all means do, if you are happy with your current install then why bother?!..but as RsR stated if you do choose to update then uninstall your 777 and 747 installs and re-download the new installers from your PMDG account.

Thank you for the update Robert. Setbacks happen, its part of the work. I uninstalled my B747 and B77L however the PMDG folder and Operations center still exists and can run. Should we also delete all PMDG folders ?

Unless we specify otherwise, do nothing other than what we ask, please: uninstall/reinstall only. If we need you to do anything beyond what we mention, we will specifically state that. (No, don't delete things manually.)

ALSO: These versions will be minimum versions for the updaters. Upon the next release of something via the micro-updater, if your version number isn't the version number from this full installer, it will not update and advise you to get up to speed.

Just tested the whole FPS / landing lights thing - it does seem a bit better after this update. With LL, Strobes, Beacon and Nav, at default KEDW, I see a drop from 35-40fps in the VC down to about 28-30fps with lights on. This is better than before.

777 seems mostly unaffected with all lights on.

Thanks for the work PMDG team, and enjoy your holiday weekend.

Confused.  I only run FSX:SE right now.  Are you guys telling us to remove/uninstall the B744 and reinstall through the OC?  That the only way we'll get updates now??  Or reinstall from the PMDG site, old style????????

This might not be the right place for this question, but:

After uninstalling and reinstalling the 747, the liveries I added are missing, which I expected. However, there are remanent texture folders in the installation directory. And, when I try to install a livery, the installer complains about these directories already being there.

Just delete these old texture directories?

Example: Texture.CC1 for the Icelandic paint.

Thanks

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

ALSO: These versions will be minimum versions for the updaters. Upon the next release of something via the micro-updater, if your version number isn't the version number from this full installer, it will not update and advise you to get up to speed.

Okay, there there is the answer, all should go through this update process.  Thanks Kyle.

Downloading new installers now and i have the old ones deleted 

Is there a new version number on both models we should be seeing in the OC once everything is back running?

The 777-300 it's not update after download.

Mo Dez

yKuuX53.jpg

6 minutes ago, EGLL said:

The 777-300 it's not update after download.

It's not available yet... read the first post by Robert.

I see that like mine his 777-200 isn't the latest version according to the Ops Centre though.  I've just found the same and queried it in the 777 section:

I see a big drop with landing lights on (no other lights on). 60fps to 30fps. It didn't happen before update. Joe De Campos