Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[01JUL17] Updates for 747-400 and 777-200LRF released today

10 minutes ago, mcbellette said:

Can you confirm when we should be deregistering our products? I was of the understanding we should always do it when completely uninstalling and reinstalling our products such as the 777 or NGX so that we wouldn't eat our way through reactivations.

As mentioned in every single Intro Manual in the section specifically referring to the license, and outlining the use of the license return function:

"If you need to reinstall your operating system, are upgrading your hardware, or are installing on a completely new computer system, please deactivate your license manually first through the FMC on the MENU > PMDG SETUP > LICENSE page. This will eliminate the need for you to submit a support ticket for license reactivation after you reinstall."

The following cases:

1. Reinstalling your ENTIRE operating system
  2. Upgrading your hardware (internals - not yokes and such); or
  3. Changing to an entirely new computer

No other times. We have never instructed anyone to do what you've mentioned. In fact, I have on a number of occasions stated this, and I believe a number of the times directly to you. I apologize for getting so animated about this, but this causes an incredible amount of unnecessary tickets because people refuse to read.

Kyle Rodgers

I am happy with the 777-200 and the 747 for now, Do I have to update? Could I wait for another time?

As it is, it is telling me to resolve a bunch of livery issues that are orphans and so on. I just ignored them for now... Cause I don't know what to do with those? delete em? or what?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

3 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

As mentioned in every single Intro Manual in the section specifically referring to the license, and outlining the use of the license return function:

"If you need to reinstall your operating system, are upgrading your hardware, or are installing on a completely new computer system, please deactivate your license manually first through the FMC on the MENU > PMDG SETUP > LICENSE page. This will eliminate the need for you to submit a support ticket for license reactivation after you reinstall."

The following cases:

1. Reinstalling your ENTIRE operating system
  2. Upgrading your hardware (internals - not yokes and such); or
  3. Changing to an entirely new computer

No other times. We have never instructed anyone to do what you've mentioned. In fact, I have on a number of occasions stated this, and I believe a number of the times directly to you. I apologize for getting so animated about this, but this causes an incredible amount of unnecessary tickets because people refuse to read.

Thanks for the advice. What should we do about this update issue for the 777-200/LRF?

Just now, Manny said:

I am happy with the 777-200 and the 747 for now, Do I have to update? Could I wait for another time?

I don't see why not. The latest installer will continue to be in your account for both products. Do note, however, that as I mentioned earlier, the micro-updater will not work until you update to this version. So, if we update some things next week, you're going to have to pull the full installer first, before attempting the micro-update. Might as well just do it now...

Kyle Rodgers

Just now, mcbellette said:

Thanks for the advice. What should we do about this update issue for the 777-200/LRF?

Pull the installer again. It's already fixed.

Just don't return the license. Please.

Kyle Rodgers

Uninstall/Reinstall of the aircraft different to Licence deactivation/reactivation.

Robert said to uninstall - then reinstall the aircraft into P3D - assuming you haven't touched the licence (as Kyle says) the pc (and P3D) should be ready and waiting for the reinstall - without needing to be (re)activated.

Scott

Boeing777_Banner_pilot.jpg

Scott Stephens

3 hours ago, stephenbgs said:

Is there a new version number on both models we should be seeing in the OC once everything is back running?

After updating both here on my rig, I have the following:

PMDG 777 - P3D v4: 1.10.8378
PMDG 747 V3 - P3D v4: 3.00.8377

• Upvote 1

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

1 minute ago, scandinavian13 said:

Pull the installer again. It's already fixed.

Just don't return the license. Please.

Just to be clear, you want me to uninstall the 777 (leave the licence alone!!! :biggrin: ) and then download and re-install it? Correct?

1 minute ago, mcbellette said:

Just to be clear, you want me to uninstall the 777 (leave the licence alone!!! :biggrin: ) and then download and re-install it? Correct?

Yes. The normal procedure for us - always - for full installers is:

Uninstall

Reinstall

Nothing more, nothing less.

Kyle Rodgers

Should I use Uninstall feature in the new installer since I don't have the previous one? Or uninstall through Add/Remove programs? Does it make any difference? Just want to make sure I don't mess it up.

8 minutes ago, micro1877 said:

Should I use Uninstall feature in the new installer since I don't have the previous one? Or uninstall through Add/Remove programs? Does it make any difference? Just want to make sure I don't mess it up.

They're the same.

Welcome to the forum - please ensure that you sign your posts with your first and last name.

Kyle Rodgers

This practice of having to reinstall the product completely to update is a little questionable.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, davecessna said:

This practice of having to reinstall the product completely to update is a little questionable.

Which is why we have the micro-updater. Instead of the snark, though, you could read the original post, which explains precisely why a full update is necessary.

...or you can choose to continue to be unnecessarily melodramatic about it. Your choice.

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

5 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

(And just to help quell some really oddball uninformed discussion:  Release of the NGX has no dependency on the 77W...anyone quoting otherwise is woefully ill informed and should be smacked about the head and shoulders until they agree to stop repeating dumb stuff in public....   If you need a mallet, please stop by tech support and we will loan you one of ours.  :biggrin:)

#I got noticed

• Upvote 1

Just a quick tip to spare everyone a heck load of time reinstalling liveries - before uninstalling, backup your aircraft.cfg for your PMDG aircraft (and PMDG folder if you want to keep your settings/navdata). Uninstall then replace the new cfg files with the old ones. Hope this helps someone :D

This works as the uninstaller doesn't actually delete the texture folders, just the aircraft.cfg.