Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[01JUL17] Updates for 747-400 and 777-200LRF released today

Hi

So I started OC today and it tells me to download a new 747 V3 installer. Do I just uninstall ? Do I have to delete something manually ?

Is it just uninstall and reinstall ? Everything is automatic ?

5 minutes ago, deepstar said:

Hi

So I started OC today and it tells me to download a new 747 V3 installer. Do I just uninstall ? Do I have to delete something manually ?

Is it just uninstall and reinstall ? Everything is automatic ?

Download the new installer first, then uninstall the plane and run the new installer.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

7 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

Download the new installer first, then uninstall the plane and run the new installer.

Hi

Thanks. That was simple. Uninstall -> Install -> Start OC -> Done

Same performance with regards to FPS vs Lights on.... half FPS with all lights on. :bengong:

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif

I think I'll keep the version I have installed, anyone have ftx global installed? Can someone please try to see if it's fix global because like I said before that was the only frame hitter I had and I feel like ftx  global may not be working well with the dynamic lighting. Just a thought.

10 hours ago, Tabs said:

The OC will handle this for you automatically if you run it prior to uninstalling the old version, and then again after installing the new one. Doing it your way is not advised because there are sometimes changes to the aircraft.cfg file that you'd be overwriting with an old version.

Mine didn't this time. Is opening the OC enough or do I have to click into the specific aircraft in the OC for it to do this?

13 hours ago, swapilot said:

#I got noticed

Colin,

That actually made me laugh-out-loud.  AHAHAHAHAH

:biggrin:

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

8 hours ago, mwa05 said:

Good evening Gents,

Thank you for the Update. I installed prior to the registry fix. Will some magic occur via the updater to reconcile the version in the registry or is the fix a download of full installers again?

I did not want to download 1.8GB of data for such a small issue unnecessarily given the aircraft are actually the correct versions.

Kind regards,

Mark Wagener

Mark,

No- it will be necessary to pull the installer we currently have on site and use that in order to get the registry entry up-to-date.

This was my mistake- I apparently hit the reset button on the registry update right before the build. 

Seems like a minor thing- but we did the full installer run for a reason.  It will smooth life for everyone later on.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

1 hour ago, Meekg said:

Same performance with regards to FPS vs Lights on.... half FPS with all lights on. :bengong:

Why would it be different? They reverted the hotfixes to the state before, where its also had the fps issue. So its basically not surprising that the outcome will be the same.

BetaTeamB.png

8 hours ago, Alex Kulak said:

I do not understand how people are getting a drop in FPS from dynamic lighting . I'm kinda thinking it's all system dependent now. My biggest drop was FTX GLOBAL but that was it. So did i get lucky or are you guys still thinking this sim should be running 60 fps with all the high tech add-ons?  

Sometimes one does not has to understand everything...i could let it be with this but Let me give you an example to think.
For you its the dyn lighting that doesnt have influence, but you say orbx global did. Now guess what, for many ppl including me, aczaully orbx global BETTERS fps compared to the standard textures. So what could that mean?

Only one thing.... every system and setup is different.

But i more believe you still dont know when this fps drop really happeens. So lets try the following:

Go to JustSim ELLX in a demanding plane like the PMDG, turn dyn light on in p3d settings. Set time to nighttime where the dyn lights get activated. Sit with plane on gate where lights are hitting your plane. Turn on all your lights on plane. Turn on fps counter. Now make a movie of this and show us (remember to move cam around).

If you have more than 15 fps on a 1080 then you would be the very first on this planet. And this is with the "biggest" GPU on the market. Now do this on a medium ranged one, like 1060 and see fps drop to single digits. While all time on day its over 60 steady.

So LM admits theres a bug, PMDG admits there are bugs with it, and the airport devs admit there are bugs and still you come here and doubt people. Does that make any sense to you?

Alex Wolff

BetaTeamB.png

8 hours ago, harun said:

@Alex Kulak

it´s a nativ 4k Resolution TFT Monitor, the HDR is off. Of Cours with 1080p the FPS rise to stable 35/40 (on my second TFT Monitor), and of Cours 4k Resolution is a Bottleneck on its own. But with the older Version, before this one, it´s work better with higher FPS. I think ther is a lot of potential to optimize the light. because 10% GPU Load on a GTX 1080 for one light is too much, also in 4k. 

Excuse my English.German here. :-)

I have another Problem now.Setting a Refresh Rate of 30 Hz doesnt work anymore with PMDG Planes(747,777).FPS jumps between 29 and 60.Resulting in a lot of Stutter.Works fine in the Stock Aircrafts.

Tested with 4 different Drivers.376.33 ,378.92 ,382.05 and 384.76

Intel I7-6700K@4.2GHz,ASUS GTX 1080 Strix,Samsung 4K TV  

Ralf Zimmermann

4 minutes ago, SaenchaySor said:

Why would it be different? They reverted the hotfixes to the state before, where its also had the fps issue. So its basically not surprising that the outcome will be the same.

As per RSR statement, they rolled back to a previous version of dynamic lights.

For a period of time, after one of the previous updates I did not notice the FPS drop and I was hoping to get back to that state, not the case.

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif

18 minutes ago, Meekg said:

As per RSR statement, they rolled back to a previous version of dynamic lights.

For a period of time, after one of the previous updates I did not notice the FPS drop and I was hoping to get back to that state, not the case.

Ok, i see. I didnt wanted to sound like a fool, sorry. 

For me its always the same, didnt matter wich version. Wich in that case is no performance loss from the pmdg lights on optimized airports (LatinVFR LEBL, JustSIm LOWI, after the last fix). It happens for me only on the non-optimized airports.

We can just hope in the near future the way will be found to make all "cases" happy. But im pretty sure it wil..

BetaTeamB.png

So this update seems to have blown away all my liveries....for both the 744 and 777

Just now, AirCanada235 said:

So this update seems to have blown away all my liveries....for both the 744 and 777

You can find info about this a bit higher, or earlier in the post i think. Someone posted a way how to save them, before the reinstall.

BetaTeamB.png