Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

FS Global Ultimate NG Download Version Released

On 7/11/2017 at 11:48 AM, nandrou said:

I spoke to one of the team at Pilot's - the response was:

So I have ordered the Next Gen DVD version to save on bandwidth!

I purchased the DVD version directly from Pilot's a few weeks ago.  Very quick delivery.

11 hours ago, lownslo said:

LCSims

Thank you for the response!

Has anyone in the community done a comparison between Toposim and the Next gen mesh?

4 hours ago, denali said:

I was using Global Ultimate 2010 version.  I think they claim up to 2m resolution, LOD 14, but I don't know if I've seen it that often.   I'd say 5m was common, LOD 13.  At that resolution that's every 15 feet or so,  where you can see a road level out on a hillside, but there is no edge definition of anything.  There seems to be "edge definition" to some things in this new version.  Maybe not the right way to explain it.  The bottom of the grand canyon at the river level is a good example,  It has an edge, a bottom corner of the side canyon wall, rather than a curved bowl.

Thanks for the concise description... very useful!  I'll follow this thread for more info but will probably buy before the sale ends on August 15.  Just have to get past giving up my beloved LCSims mesh... :mellow:

Greg

I purchased both versions, FS Global 2018 FTX DL and FS Global Ultimate – Next Generation FTX DL (for the upgrade price)  No I'm not crazy, well maybe I am, but I was curious as Orbx target 5m so I wanted to see if there is a difference (performance wise).

Unfortunately it's all moot point because I can't extract the downloads even when using WinZip ... get stuck in some loop about selecting a folder (which I do) but there is no Ok option to make the extract happen so nothing extracts.  

Not sure what Stephan was trying to accomplish with these zip files.

Anyone know the trick on how to get these files unzipped? 

I tried to find the PILOT's forum, but its only for FS Global Real Weather.

Cheers, Rob.

3 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Unfortunately it's all moot point because I can't extract the downloads even when using WinZip ... get stuck in some loop about selecting a folder (which I do) but there is no Ok option to make the extract happen so nothing extracts.  

Not sure what Stephan was trying to accomplish with these zip files.

Anyone know the trick on how to get these files unzipped? 

I tried to find the PILOT's forum, but its only for FS Global Real Weather.

Cheers, Rob.

You've got to do it gently Rob, just like a sexy red dress! :laugh:

Oh man, another dev fail. My god.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Rob, I think the mistake made was a naming conflict.  Anyways, I used 7-zip and extracted to PILOTSFSGUNGFTX.  

Ah I think the light bulb went on ... so I need all .z01...5 files downloaded FIRST before I attempt to unzip from PILOTS_FSG2018FTX.ZIP.  That seems a little odd, so if one of the servers are having file transfer/corruption issues, I'll have to select another (1 of 6) server sets and start the 24GB download all over again.  I guess the same with Ultimate FTX.  Guess I better hope all the files are good from my selected server.

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: glad I have 1Gbps down speed and unlimited data usage to my house, but flightsimstore servers are throttling unfortunately

The nice thing about FreeDownloadManager is it has a "file integrity" check on the context menu.  I haven't had any issues with downloads, and for a while I usually did have issues with large downloads.  I downloaded from the servers that had little country flag icons.  The cloud and the ones on the left were slow here.

I have the Internet Download Manager ... but I had to add file type extensions to Z0* or else it wouldn't pick them up.

Cheers, Rob.

1 hour ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Ah I think the light bulb went on ... so I need all .z01...5 files downloaded FIRST before I attempt to unzip from PILOTS_FSG2018FTX.ZIP.  That seems a little odd, so if one of the servers are having file transfer/corruption issues, I'll have to select another (1 of 6) server sets and start the 24GB download all over again.  I guess the same with Ultimate FTX.  Guess I better hope all the files are good from my selected server.

With Ultimate ND I found that the first 4G file was given a .zip extension by the download manager, when I changed that to .z01 the extract went through without any further problems.

Johan Pienaar

On the Ultimate download I have:

PILOTSFSGUNGFTX.zip

PILOTSFSGUNGFTX_2.zip

and the rest are .z02 to .z18

I'm assuming PILOTSFSGUNGFTX_2.zip is supposed to be PILOTSFSGUNGFTX.z01?

Cheers, Rob.

36 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

PILOTSFSGUNGFTX.zip

PILOTSFSGUNGFTX_2.zip

Cheers, Rob.

Affirmative. Same thing happened to me with IDM

Cheers

Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

2 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

PILOTSFSGUNGFTX.zip

PILOTSFSGUNGFTX_2.zip

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob. Mine looks like this : http://imgur.com/0vtwCZr  And after unpack with winrar : http://imgur.com/539UWRe

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

10 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

PILOTSFSGUNGFTX.zip

PILOTSFSGUNGFTX_2.zip

Cheers, Rob.

I don't have a PILOTSFSGUNGFTX_2.  That looks like a redownload file, renamed download.   might want to check the MD5 on PILOTSFSGUNGFTX.zip

I hesitated to upgrade from FSG 2010 FTX to the new FS Global Ultimate - Next Generation due to the lack of some comparison shots. But like always in this hobby the urge to upgrade to something new and shiny was too tempting.
So I did a few comparison shots between FSG 2010 FTX and the new 71GB heavy download product called FS Global Ultimate - Next Generation. My impression: There is a noticeable improvement in many parts of the world. (e.g. SE Asia). But also the US and Europe got some more subtle upgrades. But we should keep in mind that some areas (in my test around Grand Canyon airport) are already up to a high detail level in the old version and therefore improvement are not so visible at the first look.

Hope this will help you all to make a decision whether a upgrade is worthwhile or not. If you want to see a specific area just let me know.

Christoph

Settings: P3Dv4, Mesh Resolution 1m, Tesselation  ultra

1-oldyhy0t.jpg
1-newwjyyt.jpg
2-oldmlbbd.jpg
2-newhqxms.jpg
3-oldvrbs0.jpg
3-newy6xrb.jpg
4-oldypb6e.jpg
4-newe5ypw.jpg
5-oldfjldl.jpg
5-newp6xwi.jpg
6-old3fb2y.jpg
6-newhcxkt.jpg
7-old20zeg.jpg
7-newm1xmy.jpg
8-old6jlqm.jpg
8-new03x3q.jpg
9-oldt7zuz.jpg
9-newv8z3i.jpg

• Upvote 2

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png