Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

FS Global Ultimate NG Download Version Released

3 hours ago, denali said:

I'm not sure that I cleared mine.  Note the few comments above.  Maybe there is a difference with the disk version and the download?

I spoke to one of the team at Pilot's - the response was:

One is DVD boxed. The other is download. Same product.

(and)

Small amendments. Possibly not very much noticeable.

So I have ordered the Next Gen DVD version to save on bandwidth!

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Well I think I will buy this version.  I tried install my FS Global 2010 Ultimate using the Migration Tool from Flightsim Estonia.  I got an error that I was missing Scenary.cfg file when I tried launching P3DV4.

So I'll fix that, delete the entries, delete the files and purchase this.  

2 hours ago, franjoflyer said:

Well I think I will buy this version.  I tried install my FS Global 2010 Ultimate using the Migration Tool from Flightsim Estonia.  I got an error that I was missing Scenary.cfg file when I tried launching P3DV4.

So I'll fix that, delete the entries, delete the files and purchase this.  

No need for a migration tool, edit the scenery.cfg for P3DV4 and add each entry.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, 777200lrf said:

No need for a migration tool, edit the scenery.cfg for P3DV4 and add each entry.

I will have to figure out how to recreate the scenery.cfg file.  I would have figured it would just try to recreate one after I messed it up.  I will google and find out where in the list I put the entries.

Pilot's is notoriously lacking in details when it comes to their mesh products.  I've asked them before for specifics regarding the differences between their various mesh products and they never replied to me.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

I'm comparing to another (unnamed) mesh product I currently use, but I found the best way was to just fly around in areas you know well and it should be obvious.  Around Phoenix, Camelback Mtn truly has a more 'camel like hump' visible, and Four Peaks is incredibly rugged with sharp peaks and ridges compared to the slight roundness from the previous mesh.  Loving this product so far! 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, gregda said:

I'm comparing to another (unnamed) mesh product I currently use, but I found the best way was to just fly around in areas you know well and it should be obvious.  Around Phoenix, Camelback Mtn truly has a more 'camel like hump' visible, and Four Peaks is incredibly rugged with sharp peaks and ridges compared to the slight roundness from the previous mesh.  Loving this product so far! 

Exactly, I could see Squaw Peak and some of the reporting points mountain over Phoenix area which I'm very familiar! Very happy with the purchase.

Hoang Le

• Upvote 1

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

4 hours ago, Hoang said:

Exactly, I could see Squaw Peak and some of the reporting points mountain over Phoenix area which I'm very familiar! Very happy with the purchase.

Hoang Le

Photoscenery (I'm using some 30cm custom in some places) over the Grand Canyon looks better than ever.  The shadows in the photos make more sense as it does everywhere else.  The bottom of the canyon down by the river is flattened, no longer u-shaped.  I am enjoying this upgrade. 

I can understand folks being happy with their choice of this mesh, but could you all please note here what mesh (LOD) you were using before buying FSGU.  I'm using a high quality 10M/LOD 12 mesh (for continental USA) now and would like to be reasonably certain the upgrade would be worthwhile for me.

Thanks,

Greg

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, lownslo said:

I'm using a high quality 10M/LOD 12 mesh (for continental USA) now

Which one?  Toposim?

Get it lads.  Its a good product. It's on amazon it's alot easier than downloading

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, Greggy_D said:

Which one?  Toposim?

LCSims

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, lownslo said:

LCSims

Yes I got this mesh too and it's incredibly accurate. Unfortunately the developer seems to have closed down the site.

8 hours ago, lownslo said:

I can understand folks being happy with their choice of this mesh, but could you all please note here what mesh (LOD) you were using before buying FSGU.  I'm using a high quality 10M/LOD 12 mesh (for continental USA) now and would like to be reasonably certain the upgrade would be worthwhile for me.

Thanks,

Greg

I was using Global Ultimate 2010 version.  I think they claim up to 2m resolution, LOD 14, but I don't know if I've seen it that often.   I'd say 5m was common, LOD 13.  At that resolution that's every 15 feet or so,  where you can see a road level out on a hillside, but there is no edge definition of anything.  There seems to be "edge definition" to some things in this new version.  Maybe not the right way to explain it.  The bottom of the grand canyon at the river level is a good example,  It has an edge, a bottom corner of the side canyon wall, rather than a curved bowl.

• Upvote 1