cannow

Scenary Add ons Crash

Recommended Posts

I have been using the xml method of adding scenery using Lorby Si tool . Have hit a problem installed last night  orbx eu freeware airports last night and it crashed after the scenario window .Uninstalled and all worked reported on forum and no one has had an issue . Today I installed naples from aerosoft same issue . After hours of head scratching I disabled all xml add ons . Sim loaded fine. I found if I disabled any two xml add ons all was good in the world again. Added the disabled xml scenery's manually the old way and all scenery's . Almost as if there is a cap on how many .xml addons you can have . 

Anybody else had this before . Will post on LM forum as well

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

OOC, how many add-on.xml file do you have?

 

Vic

Share this post


Link to post

27 airport scenaries added via xml and about 10 aircraft 

Share this post


Link to post

I have 57 scenery add-ons but I don't use a tool.  I do it manually no problems

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

do use xml files or just add to the library I think it is xml addons causing issue .

Share this post


Link to post

The most likely problem is an issue with one add on component.  why not look for it instead of blaming the entire method?

Share this post


Link to post

Please read first post before making  comments shame people can't read they may learn something . I can disable ANY 2 XML add ons to cure issue so is not an individual  component  . I love the method that was why I use it. And I am not blaming the method I am letting people know what I have found as it may help them

9 hours ago, downscc said:

The most likely problem is an issue with one add on component.  why not look for it instead of blaming the entire method?

 

Share this post


Link to post

Hello Colin 

Is it possible that there could be Duplicate Add On Names in the path below at the top of the header code in your  Add-on.xml file's ? 

 <AddOn.Name>Add On Name</AddOn.Name>

Share this post


Link to post

Elaine 

Thanks for your reply all xml files created by Lorby Si tool . I of course will keep looking but the issue is not an individual add on , it is the number disabling any two will resolve the crash . I spent a considerable time yesterday enabling and disableing various add-ons ,adding back two at a time until I could get the sim to crash .The strange thing was I was not adding xml files that caused the crash . Napoli and orbx do not use xml files they write directly to the scenary.cfg . The only way I could napolix and orbx eu free airports to add was to reduce the number .xml add on files .I even tried adding Napoli x as an .xml file even though the developer does not use that method . It did not matter which two .xml I removed it made no difference. I cannot explain it and it does not make sense to me either .All sceneries' are now working for me and activated I just reduced the number using .xml and manually added them back in. If no one else has issues must just be a quirk on my system but whilst I was researching random crashes I saw people having similar issues and thought it worth posting here and on the LM forum in case it helps anyone else having a crash after adding a scenary .  Have include my original post below

"I have been using the xml method of adding scenery using Lorby Si tool . Have hit a problem installed last night  orbx eu freeware airports last night and it crashed after the scenario window .Uninstalled and all worked reported on forum and no one has had an issue . Today I installed naples from aerosoft same issue . After hours of head scratching I disabled all xml add ons . Sim loaded fine. I found if I disabled any two xml add ons all was good in the world again. Added the disabled xml scenery's manually the old way and all scenery's . Almost as if there is a cap on how many .xml addons you can have"

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry Colin,  I was just working on the Cap Theory more so then the crash Issue you are having  (I might not of read your post correctly) :) 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Colin - did you post in the Lorby Freeware forum here at Avsim? Oliver might have an idea.

 

Vic

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Colin - did you post in the Lorby Freeware forum here at Avsim? Oliver might have an idea.

 

Vic

Thanks will post in Lorbys forum  and thanks Elaine I had had similar thoughts but ruled them out 

Share this post


Link to post

Colin, I'm very glad you started this thread as I'm going through a similar experience.  I've been trying to install Orbx NA freeware, and the sim would crash after the scenario window.  I'd try another airport, and it too would crash.  I then uninstalled a couple that had previously installed okay, and was then able to install a different one to replace it.  It was like I had hit the max number of installed airports allowed.  I thought Orbx was to blame, but your thread has me convinced something else entirely is going on.  Just so you know, I have 25 .xml installed airports at present.

I'm going to be away from my sim computer for the next 10 days, but when I return I'll likely need to remove a couple .xml airports (or more) to get my Orbx products installed, and there are many of them.  Please continue to update this thread if you learn more from LM or others.  Your observations thus far are very helpful.   

Share this post


Link to post

Just a thought - you can have multiple legacy aircraft installed via a single add-on.xml, I have all of my legacy aircraft in a single xml.
I've not bothered with xml for scenery yet as mostly it's not necessary and less than useful ... but you may be able to have multiple sceneries in one xml. Probably not through the tool though.

Re the last post Curt - my ORBX sceneries don't use XML, they went straight into scenery.cfg - are you installing non-P3Dv4 sceneries? The NA Global freeware airports are available for v4 now...

Cheers
Keith

 

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, curt1 said:

Colin, I'm very glad you started this thread as I'm going through a similar experience.  I've been trying to install Orbx NA freeware, and the sim would crash after the scenario window.  I'd try another airport, and it too would crash.  I then uninstalled a couple that had previously installed okay, and was then able to install a different one to replace it.  It was like I had hit the max number of installed airports allowed.  I thought Orbx was to blame, but your thread has me convinced something else entirely is going on.  Just so you know, I have 25 .xml installed airports at present.

I'm going to be away from my sim computer for the next 10 days, but when I return I'll likely need to remove a couple .xml airports (or more) to get my Orbx products installed, and there are many of them.  Please continue to update this thread if you learn more from LM or others.  Your observations thus far are very helpful.   

Glad it is just not me and hoped I helped .No explanation why will try to do some  more research but certainly feels like some hard limit and Keith the issue is installing installing scenary generally manual or .XML .If too many .XML files sim crashes .curt could you add to my L M thread so they know it not just me .

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now