Sign in to follow this  
DrHotwing1

IPACS Latest News Blog

Hadn't viewed the IPACS forum for several months and it seems while movement is still a cautious advance, still no decent in game camera?  Even Laminar has a usable one.  Little items like this which seem so off the scope with IPACS keep me from ever wanting to use it. 

I've had this sim from early in development. On the whole I quite like it when I want something a little simpler. For me two things i would like and i'd be into it more are real world weather and if they wont increase the vor range then at least a "direct to" nav function. I don't want this sim to fail. Graphics are beautiful. It's easy to fly for newcomers to flight sims and just plain easy enjoyment for those of us that have been around for a long time and just want to go flying....

Dave

• Like 1

On 8/1/2019 at 6:38 AM, Flamingpie said:

Extremely cautious, I'd say. Their last scenery DLC dates from over a year ago and after that they only released the R22 (which seems to be nice if you like helicopters) and a few updates to a few of the planes (some more extra pages on the FMS and some background changes you don't really notice). Oh, and they also created a GNS 430 but at this moment it is only available in a few JustFlight payware planes and it isn't fully functioning yet (or doesn't work as it should, like the FLP page). Not a single word about ATC or whatever else they are working on. No one has a clue. Even weather still hasn't been announced as something they are working on. May take years and years before we get basic core features like that.

Still, it currently is the only flight sim I use but only because its ease of setting up and ease of use, which suits me fine right now, and its performance. But I am seriously looking forward to replace AFS2 with Deadstick. Or MSFS. Way too many options are missing or not as I would like to see them (flight planner!) and the extremely cautious advance really bothers me. If I hadn't bought the just released Arrow from Just Flight I would have uninstalled AFS2 by now. 

It's interesting how two people can look at the same thing and see it pretty much completely differently.

You mention no DLC, but I see all the growing community developed scenery sprouting up left and right, not to mention all the freeware planes from various parties, and am encouraged.

You mention the GNS, but not at all how big a step forward that is, and how it opens the door for even more developments.  Not to forget that those three new planes from Just Flight, and all the freeware releases is kind of a pretty firm counter-narrative against the perception of no DLC/Planes/Releases/Movement.

As for Ipacs remaining silent on what they are working on, wow, you should have been around a few years ago when their forum was a dark, windless cave where the howled entreaties from the customers for any tidbit of news went completely unanswered and the developers spoke to us maybe once every six months if we were lucky/they were feeling magnanimous, and we dropped to our knees and begged enough. (maybe) 😀

The current talkative forum, while still not the best in being informative, is far, far, FAR from those days. They are practically chatterbugs, magpies and town gossips in comparison, but could still do more to establish a true and lasting connection with fans.

I agree with you about some basic features missing though, but in the end it doesn't bother me quite as much as it might. I always remember that Ipacs are a tiny company with a small workforce and limited resources.

Keeping that in mind, what's been accomplished seems nearly astounding to me considering they have even managed to survive and even prosper when MsFlight and DTG sim, all much louder, more celebrated and well funded efforts fell off the edge of a cliff and disappeared in short order. I remember reading the developer list for Microsoft flight and it spanned page after page after page with literally dozens of companies and probably hundreds of people, and it lasted what? Four months?

Perhaps there is something to be said for slow and steady (like X-plane all these years) rather than quick and loud all the time?

Finally, I remember that many of the things lauded in some of our current sims only appeared after literally decades of development and through the efforts of literally an army of third parties; and even then the community is often not satisfied and begging for more!

For myself, I'm willing to give Aerofly quite a bit more time. Ten years seems just about right, which is what the developers of DTG sim asked for before their mad rush apparently burned through all their cash. In December, we will be hitting about 5 years and still only on version two, so there is some time left to go!

And meanwhile, there are other sims to mess with, while I wait!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Aerofly FS 2 - Just Flight - Turbo Arrow III / IV Available TODAY on Steam!

The PA-28R Turbo Arrow III and Arrow IV are four seater, turbocharged piston-engine aircraft equipped with a retractable tricycle landing gear and constant-speed propeller – ideal for touring and instrument training.

First available in 1977, the Turbo Arrow III was the first turbocharged variant of the PA-28R Arrow, retaining the conventional tail of the Arrow III and a new cowling which housed the six-cylinder turbocharged engine. The Turbo Arrow IV followed in 1979 and featured the distinctive T-tail which was common amongst other Piper aircraft.

The aircraft are flown all around the world and this add-on reflects that global popularity. The product features ten liveries from the USA, UK, Germany, Australia, Switzerland, Austria and the Czech Republic.

MODEL

• Accurately modeled PA-28R-201T Turbo Arrow III and PA-28RT-201T Turbo Arrow IV, built using real-world aircraft plans following comprehensive, hands-on research with a real-life Arrow III, G-BGKU, based at Conington Airfield
  • Numerous animations, including multi-animation passenger door, cockpit window and sun visors
  • 4096 x 4096 textures are used to produce the highest possible texture clarity
  • Bump, specular, reflection and ambient occlusion mapping used throughout the aircraft for a truly 3D feel

COCKPIT

• A truly 3D virtual cockpit right down to accurately modeled seat belts and screw heads - every instrument is constructed fully in 3D with smooth animations
  • Cockpit textures feature wear and tear based on reference photos taken in the real aircraft to produce an authentic environment
  • Different colour schemes for the Turbo Arrow III (grey/blue) and Arrow IV (tan/brown)
  • Functional and comprehensive IFR-capable avionics fit including:

- KMA 20 audio selector unit

- GNS 530 unit including COM 1 / NAV 1 function

- KN 62 DME unit which can display information from NAV 1, NAV 2 or its own inbuilt receiver (NAV 3)

- Piper Autocontrol IIIB autopilot unit with navigation, heading and roll hold (no vertical control as in real world)

- KT 76A transponder unit

- KR 85 ADF unit with ADF/ANT/BFO modes

- KX 175B COM 2 / NAV 2 radio
  • Yoke-mounted flight timer/clock
  • Independently operated left and right (standby) altimeter

AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS

• Custom-coded fuel system
  • Custom-coded electrical system with functional circuit breakers
  • Realistic landing gear system with emergency release
  • Functioning alternate air and static source controls

LIVERIES

The Turbo Arrow III is supplied in the following five paint schemes:

• N48427 (USA)
  • D-ERMT (Germany)
  • G-OBAK (UK)
  • HB-PMB (Switzerland)
  • VH-LLA (Australia)

The Turbo Arrow IV is supplied in the following five paint schemes:

• D-EAIV (Germany)
  • G-BOGM (UK)
  • OE-KFT (Austria)
  • OK-MAN (Czech Republic)
  • N3023K (USA)

OTHER FEATURES

• Realistic flight dynamics based on real world performance and handling data
  • Authentic sound set by Turbine Sound Studios (TSS)
  • Custom sounds for switches, doors, gear warnings and more
  • Comprehensive manual with panel guide and performance data

Get your copy today!

• Like 1

Hi Aeroflyers:

The ATC solution for Aerofly FS 2 has been released earlier today. Everyone can find a demo or a full version of the product at its new and very nice website:

http://www.afs2rcatc.com/

Good flights!.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

On 11/9/2019 at 12:51 PM, edpatino said:

The ATC solution for Aerofly FS 2 has been released earlier today.

To prevent confusion (since this is the IPACS Latest News Blog): this ATC solution is not the official IPACS ATC solution but a 3rd party ATC solution. Also, it's not really a solution but a work around to get some ATC into AFS2 while we are waiting for IPACS's final solution.

3 hours ago, Flamingpie said:

Also, it's not really a solution but a work around to get some ATC into AFS2 while we are waiting for IPACS's final solution.

Once you properly get into it you'll realize it's not a workaround. AFS2 RC ATC uses Radar Contact v4, which is an excellent - now freeware - ATC application used for years in FS2004, FSX and P3D with great success. Now, if you wish, you'll never flight alone in AFS2 but directed by the air traffic controllers, like in real life and you'll be able to listen the chatter from other pilots requesting vectors or any other controller's instructions.

I'm afraid IPACS ATC alternative will take some time to come, if not years!. Of course, you can speculate...

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino
  • Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

7 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Once you properly get into it you'll realize it's not a workaround.

Maybe 'work around' isn't the proper term (English is not my native language) but your post made it look as if this add on is a new product and 'the' ATC solution for AFS2. It isn't. Radar Contact 4.3 is (afaik) 12 years old and an FSX add on. AFS2RCATC itself is new but it's mainly a product to make the old RC product work in AFS2. I call that a work around. Also, you can indeed 'listen the chatter from other pilots requesting vectors or any other controller's instructions' but that's just background chatter, not actual live ATC talk because AFS2 doesn't have traffic yet. IPACS's ATC may indeed still be years away but it will come with traffic, an in sim planner and everything else that will make it a real and easy to install plus use ATC solution. AFS2RCATC is a place holder and a work around to get some ATC in AFS2 right now but it certainly isn't THE solution. Obviously it is great to have the option! 😉

Any current news with regard to V4? Thanks.

For the record, posts in this ancient topic attributed to me are not mine.
There was some confusion created back in January 2020, when an investigation by a moderator into
another forum member resulted in my account being merged with at least two others.
The matter was resolved back then, I still have the correspondence, but the manual efforts by the
moderator to resolve their error missed a few, it seems. 

Edited by Reader