Sign in to follow this  
DrHotwing1

IPACS Latest News Blog

Nice little plane! :emu_melk:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Update Prepared for Landing!

An update is heading your way that will bring you the Buecker Jungmeister Bu 133.

This is a fun aircraft to fly. We are sure that you will enjoy this new free aircraft.

This update also includes more performance enhancements that will provide even better performance in highly populated cities such as Chicago, LOWI, Colorado, and New York.

Also, all aircraft have received internal updates so a new DR 400 and SDK tools are required. Be sure to update these from our downloads section. 

More new features will be coming your way shortly so be sure to check back often.

• Upvote 1

Now that Aerofly FS 2 has been officially released, fear not, we will continue development and we will continue to release updates when features are completed and ready for the public. We have a lot of work left to do here and we will continue this exciting journey for as long as we can.

We are currently working on a couple of special things and we will provide updates to you as soon as they are far enough to share with you, so check back often.

For those of you who have recently joined us, here are some active items to get you up to speed:

* We are continuing to improve on cultivation; this is a big advancement in Aerofly FS 2 that will continue to grow with time. We are currently looking into better ways for users to add their own cultivation as well as streamlining efforts to add more cultivation to existing areas in Aerofly. This, like geoconvert will improve over time. 

* We still have teams dedicated to both scenery and aircraft so look for more announcements regarding new releases.

* We are still working on core improvements and we will always try to improve performance without taking away from quality. This is a tricky process.

* We still have a gameplan with a long list of features. We would love to add everything but we have to be realistic and prioritize ourselves. If you are requesting something to be added to Aerofly, there is a strong chance that it's already on our list. We ask you to please be patient and we will do our best to pack as much into Aerofly that we can. Some items that you request will not make the cut; that's a harsh reality. 

* We have successfully released a DVD version of Aerofly that will be available shortly. We will also be breaking down the walls of Steam and will sell Aerofly in other locations as well as time goes on. We want to make Aerofly available to everyone with no limitations, and we are well on our way here.

* More and more 3rd party developers are gaining interest in Aerofly, so you will be sure to see more surprises coming your way soon!

* Has someone mentioned that they want to see a helicopter in Aerofly FS2? 

* We will continue to make Aerofly better for VR. Look out for some creative VR motion control 'VR Hands' coming your way. This will still take some to get just right but we are making progress.

* ATC has not been forgotten; development is still ongoing. We know that this feature is taking more time than expected but we also know that it's critically important that it's done just right. This will be worth the wait. 

I know that I can speak for the entire team here at IPACS when I say that we are all having a lot of fun with this project, and we hope that the results show. A lot of passion and determination is needed when making a flight simulator virtually from scratch, and we are all still very determined to make the best flight simulator ever seen. Only time will tell.

• Upvote 3

Thanks for the update. Any plans to add road traffic to FS2? I'm really missing moving cars in FS2, they makes the scenery much more live and believable.  

• Upvote 1

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

4 hours ago, FlyIce said:

Thanks for the update. Any plans to add road traffic to FS2? I'm really missing moving cars in FS2, they makes the scenery much more live and believable.  

We haven't gotten that far yet. We are still working on improving cultivation. I agree though that moving vehicles will make the experience better. 

I know Keith of PilotEdge had plans to bring PE into AFS2. I hope that now AFS2 is in a released state members from both sides could work to see what needs to be coded for that to happen. Not only would that add ATC to AFS2 for PE members but also most of PE and AFS2 are currently in the same coverage.

A Big Boo-boo

Over the past couple of days we have seen a couple of newly introduced graphical problems occurring, particularly with shimmering and aliasing. We have also noticed some new stuttering when moving your head around while in VR. While working on a solution to this internally an accident occurred. This minor accident caused an internal build to mesh with builds released to the public.

In this build some users are witnessing some performance issues. This was caused by adding post process anti-aliasing to to the graphics engine of Aerofly. In doing this, we tested a lower 'Render Scale Factor' max to 1.50 (previously 2.00) mainly due to the fact that the post processing should make the image clearer naively. All of this was not supposed to be in the public builds. To add to the problems (if we do something, we do it fully) the new DVD version executable also ended up in the mix.

The result here caused issues in the public versions, so we decided it was best to pull all versions except for the original standard version on Steam and rebuild from there.  

With all of this said, we are aware of this, let's say boo-boo, and we will clean it all up very shortly. With so much that's going on here mistakes like this happen, we are all human.

We certainly apologize for this, so please hang in there while we sort it all out.

Sometimes we have to inform everyone of not so good things too. That's life :)

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 7:26 PM, HiFlyer said:

1 hour ago, DrHotwing1 said:

A Big Boo-boo

With all of this said, we are aware of this, let's say boo-boo, and we will clean it all up very shortly. With so much that's going on here mistakes like this happen, we are all human.

Thank you for being up front and honest, with the good as well as the less good. You guys are putting out a great product!

• Upvote 1

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

On 07/12/2017 at 9:39 PM, DrHotwing1 said:

A Big Boo-boo

Over the past couple of days we have seen a couple of newly introduced graphical problems occurring, particularly with shimmering and aliasing. We have also noticed some new stuttering when moving your head around while in VR. While working on a solution to this internally an accident occurred. This minor accident caused an internal build to mesh with builds released to the public.

In this build some users are witnessing some performance issues. This was caused by adding post process anti-aliasing to to the graphics engine of Aerofly. In doing this, we tested a lower 'Render Scale Factor' max to 1.50 (previously 2.00) mainly due to the fact that the post processing should make the image clearer naively. All of this was not supposed to be in the public builds. To add to the problems (if we do something, we do it fully) the new DVD version executable also ended up in the mix.

The result here caused issues in the public versions, so we decided it was best to pull all versions except for the original standard version on Steam and rebuild from there.  

We certainly apologize for this, so please hang in there while we sort it all out.

Sometimes we have to inform everyone of not so good things too. That's life :)

Hi,

I planned to buy the dvd version for sale at Aerosoft. Do I understand that this dvd version contains the problems you are talking about ?

Thank you and Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Thank you for being up front, this sim is awesome, looking forward to more areas of great scenery, especially the southern US.

I Just wanted to post a quick update on the few small issues noted in my last posting.

There were two small updates recently released that fixed the problems mentioned. You should now have a much smoother experience. Our primary focus is to always give you the best experience possible, and we will continue to set that bar high for future updates.

We have also eliminated the beta test builds for now to maintain a clear path forward. Currently your only available version will stem from the solid standard build. We may add a beta channel at a later time but we are now officially released, so we will do our best to not release an update without testing it very well first. 

In the latest update we have also improved the HUD display in the F15 and F18 fighters.  

So what's next? Please stay tuned for a sneak peek of what's coming soon. We are sure that it will be a feature that will 'touch' your hearts. 

• Upvote 1

Calling all amateur developers!

in an effort to get it out there to the community that we have some pretty powerful SDK tools, I personally set out on a mission to build a rather large scenery package strictly from using our free SDK tools, and my choice 3D Modelling suite; 3DS Max (note here that you can use 3DS Max, Cinema4D, or AC3D currently to model, with more options on the way).

After around five months of working on the Florida Keys scenery package in my sparse spare time, it is finally released and available in the downloads section of our FORUM

This package is an independent project to show the power of our tools as well as creative processes to make things easier for you. We have also made great effort to provide to you tutorials and step-by-step instructions that can be found on our WIKI

We hope that you will take some time to look at what we have. Even if you don't plan on developing your own products for Aerofly I hope that you enjoy the Florida Keys!

You can make this! 

kwtease2package1package 2