Bjoern

Lionheart Creations Summer Sale

Recommended Posts

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I remember getting the Epic Victory when it was first released.  An awesome aircraft!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From all the reviews and user posts I could dig up, I'm indeed leaning towards the Kodiak at the moment. Would throw the Aerospool Dynamic into the mix because it's the closest to the Viper SD4 I've flown in this spring.

No GTN750 here though.

 

Anyway, thanks for the input!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just remember that these planes are not certified to work completely in P3DV4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Just remember that these planes are not certified to work completely in P3DV4

Isn't it just Doug's XML sound module that needs updating?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

Isn't it just Doug's XML sound module that needs updating?

 

Quote

These will not work properly in Prepar3D V4 as they do not have their 
'sound system' updated yet.  They work excellent in, and are designed 
for FSX, FSX Steam Edition, Prepar3D V1, V2, and V3.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

 

...

Yep, "sound system" means XML Sound. Not sure which flavor of the gauge Lionheart uses (with or without .ini file), but the 64 bit version of the gauge is available here: http://fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/doug-dawson-oustanding-sound-dll.440153/#post-775308

Worth a test. Renaming the old one and naming the 64 bit one like the old one should do the trick. I know this worked for other planes using that gauge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or just drop a line to lionheart over on Fsdeveloper and ask. I get the impression he would probably answer promptly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/7/2017 at 0:00 AM, Bjoern said:

Would throw the Aerospool Dynamic into the mix

This is the only LHC aircraft I own, because theoretically I would like it. But when flying this, it does not "click" for me. It is not bad, but personally I would rank it in the lower third of the GA aircraft I own. But for the current sale price I'd say, just try it yourself :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Or just drop a line to lionheart over on Fsdeveloper and ask. I get the impression he would probably answer promptly.

I don't own P3Dv4, so there's no need.

 

4 hours ago, ThomasAH said:

This is the only LHC aircraft I own, because theoretically I would like it. But when flying this, it does not "click" for me. It is not bad, but personally I would rank it in the lower third of the GA aircraft I own. But for the current sale price I'd say, just try it yourself :)

Any specific reason?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

Any specific reason?

I think it was the flight characteristics/dynamics, but I don't really remember.

My log says I installed it in 2014 and uninstalled it in May 2016 in a general cleanup.

Maybe I should try it again :)

 

If you want to try it, here are some PDFs for you:

Official flight manual: https://www.aerospool.sk/downloads/bulletins/LSA/service_bulletins/MBWT9LSA_1A_2011_EN.pdf

An article about the real aircraft: http://www.bmaa.org/files/dynamic.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ThomasAH said:

I think it was the flight characteristics/dynamics, but I don't really remember.

My log says I installed it in 2014 and uninstalled it in May 2016 in a general cleanup.

Maybe I should try it again :)

 

If you want to try it, here are some PDFs for you:

Official flight manual: https://www.aerospool.sk/downloads/bulletins/LSA/service_bulletins/MBWT9LSA_1A_2011_EN.pdf

An article about the real aircraft: http://www.bmaa.org/files/dynamic.pdf

I know that flight dynamics aren't Bill's forté, but from what I've read in a comment of a review from someone with experience on the real aircraft is that the FDE is fairly close.

My bigger fear, however, is that winglet, fixed and retractable gear versions fly all the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

My bigger fear, however, is that winglet, fixed and retractable gear versions fly all the same.

I'm sure the winglet version will fly the same, because I don't think you can alter the FDE during a flight, but you can add/remove the winglets at any time.

The FG and RG versions are separate aircraft directories though, so they at least have a chance to be different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ThomasAH said:

I'm sure the winglet version will fly the same, because I don't think you can alter the FDE during a flight, but you can add/remove the winglets at any time.

The FG and RG versions are separate aircraft directories though, so they at least have a chance to be different.

Well, I've just bought the WT9, so let's see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now