Sign in to follow this  
whamil77

690B Discrepancy List

18 hours ago, whamil77 said:

I have spent some time on this and unfortunately, I can't find a VAR that controls the hydraulic pressure gauge.  There is a hydraulic LVAR but it doesn't change the gauge value.  None of the hydraulic AVARs register any pressure at all.  Maybe it's inherent in the model. which we can't get at.  Sorry....

I've looked at the model, and I believe it is a dummy gauge that comes on to a fixed value when the Battery is ON.  Nothing you can do to change it..

• Upvote 1

Bert

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I've looked at the model, and I believe it is a dummy gauge that comes on to a fixed value when the Battery is ON.  Nothing you can do to change it..

Figured....

The president of Carenado was quoted recently in an interview that his goal is "to provide a real, but simplified flight experience to our market".  He also said that he is aware that some users are attempting to improve the fidelity of the instruments, but he indicated that Carenado is not interested in pursuing that direction.  :cool:

https://www.airdailyx.net/fsnewsbreaker/2017/10/10/adx-exclusive-interview-with-carenados-ceo

• Upvote 1

Bert

23 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

The president of Carenado was quoted recently in an interview that his goal is "to provide a real, but simplified flight experience to our market".  He also said that he is aware that some users are attempting to improve the fidelity of the instruments, but he indicated that Carenado is not interested in pursuing that direction.  :cool:

https://www.airdailyx.net/fsnewsbreaker/2017/10/10/adx-exclusive-interview-with-carenados-ceo

They'll likely take a hit on sales as a result.

• Upvote 1

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

3 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

It also says that all Beta testing is done "in house" which speaks volumes about the bugs in their initial releases and the simple system errors in their offerings.  I was in RW aircraft software development years ago and lesson #1 is that any level of "inbreeding" in the testing process is disastrous.  Input and evaluation from outside entities is absolutely necessary for any level of product quality assurance.  That we have to mod their systems to bring them anywhere close to reality makes perfect sense in light of this revelation.    

• Upvote 3

Hard to believe that he affirm that Carenado uses Real Pilots on the development of aircraft, and they have like 35 -40 hours testing the planes....  it's true that "some" releases have a good FDE, closest to reality, but on others the FDE is waaaaaaaaaaay far to the reality. And some with good FDE the amount of BUGS kill the experience and kill the point that the plane have good FDE. 

He go directly to the point of that they have the target on the market, light system, good graphics, representing the plane closest to real thing, and they market plan have good results.... I mean 60 70 % of people buy the products no matter if they last buy was a bad choice, the next plane will be better....  20 years like this?  And carenado keep going now with regional market and in the coming years maybe they go to the airline market too.....  

If you goggle "Carenado Mayo 2013" you will see a 17 page pdf file that spells out Carenado's business model. One thing to note, at least in 2013 is that they have a 45 days development cycle that they adhere to. So given that philosophy you can only do so much in 45 days.

The document was written by:

Professor, Erica Salvaj (UDD)

Professor, Salvatore Parise (Babson College)

Professor, Patricia Guinan (Babson College)

• Upvote 1

At least they included the useless FPS consuming Avidyne MFD. When the gauge is removed it makes a fantastic spot for second party weather radar that use Active Sky's radar API. Every Alabeo and Carenado plane I have purchased instantly get the "conversion" which results in an automatic 10 to 15 FPS increase. Even if you turn the darn thing off it's still running and consuming CPU cycles.

Andrew Walker

1 hour ago, Jocko Flocko said:

Even if you turn the darn thing off it's still running and consuming CPU cycles.

Interesting to say the least. I just assumed that if I turned off "the darn thing", it would be fine. Will have to "x out" the gauge and see what happens fps wise on my machine.

PS: You know what happens when you assume something? It makes a you know what out of you know who!

• Upvote 1

That was a very enlightening article. The guy seems to think that he knows best, the community is "often wrong," and that "good enough to sell" is all their aiming for. That's too bad. They have a talented visual department, but ... It'd be great if a 3rd party dev for FSx-P3D would fix their planes for them like Simcoders does in XP. Oh well. At least we have some solid folks here who can work miracles. :-)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, rightseat said:

The guy seems to think that he knows best, the community is "often wrong," 

Where did you read that?

I know this article but I can't find the part where he says that 'the communtiy is often wrong'.

18 minutes ago, Olivier_Moens said:

It's about the story of the half empty/half full glass

Not really, that's plain and simple the usual Carenado/Alabeo bashing.