Sign in to follow this  
ricka47

MyTraffic - Often No Response to ATC

Thanks for the info!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Hi Rick,

I just checked with AI Flight Planner and the MytrafficGlobal.bgl file (in the ...\Mytraffic\Scenery folder) uses 5 variations of the Cessna Skyhawk 172SP, but none of them are installed (as indicated by the red font and in line with the fact that the ...\MyTraffic\Aircraft\C172 folder does not contain any aircraft):

AI.jpg

If you want Cessna 172's to show up as AI aircraft, you will have to search for a Cessna 172 AI model, make sure that, after installation, the titles match with the titles as used by the MytrafficGlobal.bgl file and, if you are using P3Dv4, that the model is an FSX model and not an FS9 model and that the aircraft.cfg file contains a [Radios] section.

Maarten

• Upvote 1

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Thanks Maarten - I do have an FSX version of the 172.  I'll just make sure that the titles match and that the radios section is there - Rick

Rick Abshier

Hi Rick,

You can also use my SimLauncherX application for a one click solution to remove the FS9 models and insert a [Radios] section if needed (see page 2 of this thread). FS9 models might cause P3Dv4 to crash and without a [Radios] section the AI aircraft will not respond to ATC.

thanks, Maarten

Good idea!

Rick Abshier

On 19/07/2017 at 4:57 PM, 4L0M said:

All of the above folders contain FS9 models, and can crash your sim

Some of those aircraft folders also contain FSX models, may be wiser to just delete the MDL8MDLH models as the 2015 schedules will be calling the FSX MDLXMDLH versions that are also in those folders, it's the historic schedules that will call the older models.

Hi Glynn,

My SimLauncherX application scans all aircraft.cfg files of the AI aircraft looking for aircraft that have an FS9 model by reading the header of the .mdl file. When it finds one, it makes a backup copy of the aircraft.cfg file and deletes the [fltsim.x] section that refers to the FS9 .mdl file. It also checks the aircraft.cfg file for a missing [Radios] section and inserts one if needed.

Maarten

On 7/22/2017 at 0:47 PM, ricka47 said:

Thanks Maarten - I do have an FSX version of the 172.  I'll just make sure that the titles match and that the radios section is there - Rick

Rick,

Can you share the details of the MyTraffic C172 folder and where you moved the FSX C172 to work as AI with MyTraffic?

Thanks!

Jeff

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Hi Jeff - I had to evacuate due to Irma.  So, I don't have my main PC with me.  If I remember, I just moved the C172 folder directly from my FSX installation into my P3D installation and my traffic started to use it.  My issue was that I had changed one of the titles which made MyTraffic not see that variation.

Rick Abshier

1 hour ago, ricka47 said:

Hi Jeff - I had to evacuate due to Irma...

Thanks Rick...I appreciate the information and hope all works out OK for you and your family.

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

On 20/07/2017 at 2:55 PM, mawibo said:

Hi,

Don't expect too much from Burkhard because of his health situation.

You can use my SimLauncherX application to remove the FS9 models from the respective aircraft.cfg files and add a [Radios] section if needed. You can download the latest version here.

Here's a screenshot:

SimLauncherX-311.jpg

thanks, Maarten

hi maarten,

how to check ai traffic when it is install outside p3d folder?

Thanks for your work

Frédéric Giraud

Hi Frédéric,

I don't know If I understand your question, but it doesn't matter where your aircraft are installed. All AI aircraft found when creating the database (either via the simobjects.cfg file or via the add-on.xml files) will be fixed.

Maarten

• Upvote 1

This suggestion worked great for me!!!!

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

On 12/09/2017 at 11:03 PM, mawibo said:

Hi Frédéric,

I don't know If I understand your question, but it doesn't matter where your aircraft are installed. All AI aircraft found when creating the database (either via the simobjects.cfg file or via the add-on.xml files) will be fixed.

Maarten

Thanks Maarten

Frédéric Giraud