thomasrohdejensen

Home cockpit - Ideas and stuff

5 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I was wondering how you guys enhance your flight sim experience at home? Not around the sim itself, but your cockpits at home. 

I'm looking for ideas to enhance my setup. I'm thinking for example clipboards for charts and stuff like that.

Hit me up with your ideas and maybe pictures of your own cockpits! 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Second monitor (which you can pick up CHEAP at a second hand store, Tablet and Pad a Paper (okay, a pen too).  Indepensible.

HKqD9dD.jpg

Best wishes!

Dave showing off the upcoming CRJ from Aerosoft lol.

Nice setup by the way.

Thanks Neal!  Yeah, that's the bird... she's TERRIFIC, people gonna love her!

That photo was taken to show someone else my system setup. Believe it or not, all of that monitor and tablet real estate is completely full during a regular flight, being taken up with screens for:

- P3DV4, P3DV3, or FSX:SE

- Stream software (OBS)

- Stream Chat Software across multiple stream outputs (Youtube, Twitch, OVPA Website, etc.).

- VATSPY

- Aivilasoft Electronic Flight Bag

- Group Voice and File Transfer Server (Discord)

- Charts (of course)

-  Weather Engine (shown only when needed)

- Test Software reading networking and SimConnect

- Web Browser

- SPAD.NEXT

All the above software runs at the same time on a single water cooled i7-4770K running 4 cores at 4.5GHz and GTX1080 (recently upgraded from a GTX960) and I get 30fps in high-end payware aircraft at high-end payware airports with well above average settings in P3DV4. The water cooler is nothing special, just a Corsair H110.

By the way, that screen shot was taken in P3DV3 sometime ago, running under my past GTX960.  I'll have to take another under V4 and the GTX1080 - looks far better!