Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[23JUL] What to Expect This Week

28 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

Dave,

No, you weren't rude.  Your were entitled- which is quite a bit worse.  I'd have settled for rude.  Your peers here are quite different from you in that they have a way of doing that without coming off sounding like someone who winds up having their food spit into.

Again, as a long time paying customer, entitled I am. End of discussion.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Davidrebolton said:

Again, as a long time paying customer, entitled I am. End of discussion.

David,

No.  You are quite mistaken.  A purchase does not entitle a person to speak to the staff at PMDG or anyone else here in the forum in any way he may choose. I attempted to point this out with a bit of humor, but since you didn't get the point, I'll make it a bit more clear:  Be civil and be welcomed.

• Upvote 4

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Dear Fellow Simmers,

Lets take a step back and relax for 2 mins. Read on....

Whenever any new tech is released, a teething period starts which can lead up to six months. This process will cause 2 things to occur for products that need to be updated.

1. Impatient customers - Leads to products being patched (roughly) just to shut down the noise - which will 100% lead to buggy software requiring more fixes and updates and adds frustration to ALL involved!

2. Patient customers - (very rare occurrence)  - Leads to relaxed approach to updating the products resulting in better planing / testing and final stable release in a much short time frame - leaving everyone happy!

So my points are:

A. All you impatient whingers - Get a life! There is so much more to do - Like - Make love not war in a 1000 different ways - Kamasutra is really good if you need ideas :-)

B. Robert and the PMDG team. I have utmost respect for you guys but I think you've done enough of communications to your customers. Some times, as brutal it may sound but providing no time frames and just a simple -"It will be ready when we are ready" is the best policy!

I do not want to blow my own trumpet but though I purchased P3Dv4, I am sitting very content on a very stable P3dV3 till Dec 2017. At that time, when I am on a break,  I will - Break the bank - upgrade my rig and install P3Dv4 on new hardware, OS and with all steady updated products at that time.

So there's my food for thought. Your welcome in advance. And to all those whingers that will emerge - life's too short so learn to love the one you got! :-)

Best Wishes,

Mario

Ps. I own ALL PMDG products (barring the DC6) for FSX and P3D and do not feel one bit "ENTITTLED" for anything. The PMDG team know what needs to be done so please leave them be.

• Upvote 1

Mario Lobo

P3D v:4.5| Win 10 2004 x64 pro | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E | i9-9900KS@ 5.1Ghz(OC) | Thermaltake Water Extreme 3.0 | G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-32GTRS TZ Royal (16x2)32G Kit DDR4 3200Mhz | 11GB RTX 2080 TI Asus STRIX OC| 1x Samsung 970 PRO M.2 512GB | Samsung 970 PRO 1TB | 2x Samsung 860 PRO 2TB| Tt ToughpowerXT 875W | CoolerMaster HAF X Tower

1 hour ago, rsrandazzo said:

David,

No.  You are quite mistaken.  A purchase does not entitle a person to speak to the staff at PMDG or anyone else here in the forum in any way he may choose. I attempted to point this out with a bit of humor, but since you didn't get the point, I'll make it a bit more clear:  Be civil and be welcomed.

Fair play. I certainly don't want anything getting out of hand. We are all adults here. I'll apologise to you and leave it at that  hey. Future posts with regard to releases WILL be more tactful.

TC and have a good day 

10 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

No, you weren't rude.  Your were entitled- which is quite a bit worse. 

I'd agree. Beware those who feel entitled and those with 'rights'.

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

I'd agree. Beware those who feel entitled and those with 'rights'.

So you don't believe in the rights of free speech?, that's a god given right, or perhaps the right of a fair trial in a court of law?. And don't tell me you've never felt entitled to something in your whole life because that would be simply not true :smile:

So you don't believe in the rights of free speech?, that's a god given right, or perhaps the right of a fair trial in a court of law?. And don't tell me you've never felt entitled to something in your whole life because that would be simply not true :smile:

Without starting a debate, there's a difference between the right to free speech and being allowed to say whatever you want. If I went into my office tomorrow and said whatever I wanted, it wouldn't take long for me to get sacked, even with the right to free speech.

The right to free speech refers to people allowed to have their own opinions, religions, political views etc. It does not mean you can say whatever, wherever and with no consequences.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Davidrebolton said:

This really isn't the place.  

Attitude counts.  That's the point.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ErichB said:

This really isn't the place.  

Attitude counts.  That's the point.

And there was nothing wrong with my attitude or Laurence's, simple question and statement that MANY would agree with, fact...  This will end up going around in circles, like you say, this isn't the place. Lets just all look forward to what PMDG has coming next, whether that be for P3D or XP

TC 

Just because one could, doesn't (necessary) mean that one should.

• Upvote 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

And there was nothing wrong with my attitude or Laurence's, simple question and statement that MANY would agree with, fact...  This will end up going around in circles, like you say, this isn't the place. Lets just all look forward to what PMDG has coming next, whether that be for P3D or XP

TC 

As Robert rightfully pointed out, you came in with a self-entitled attitude, not the right attitude at all. Would you speak face to face to someone with the same disrespect? I would hope not because it wouldn't win you very many friends.

Whether people agree with you or not is irrelevant, your point could have been transmitted in a completely different way, without the attitude.

Edit:

Let's draw a line under this and move on otherwise Kyle is going to be on here and removing all of these posts in no time at all.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

As Robert rightfully pointed out, you came in with a self-entitled attitude, not the right attitude at all. Would you speak face to face to someone with the same disrespect? I would hope not because it wouldn't win you very many friends.

Whether people agree with you or not is irrelevant, your point could have been transmitted in a completely different way, without the attitude.

ok

With how frequently PMDG have been pushing out new builds of their whole product line compared to other development teams, I've come to a conclusion:

Robert & Co are actually robots that have gained sentience until proven otherwise.

It's the only way I can fathom how they're keeping this pace up

Mark Fox

2 hours ago, markdf said:

With how frequently PMDG have been pushing out new builds of their whole product line compared to other development teams, I've come to a conclusion:

Robert & Co are actually robots that have gained sentience until proven otherwise.

It's the only way I can fathom how they're keeping this pace up

I'm sure the $ helps lol :wink:

1 minute ago, Davidrebolton said:

I'm sure the $ helps lol :wink:

True, but they also already had most of the money before P3D4 released, the DC-6 is the only real new revenue stream from the recent batch of updates

Mark Fox