Sign in to follow this  
RXP

Teaser: Are you Prepar3d for Reality XP Garmin?

A few days? Come on man! Stop teasing us and release already. :biggrin:

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

3 hours ago, DJJose said:

A few days? Come on man! Stop teasing us and release already.

I do appreciate your enthusiasm!

We're chasing the final bugs in the "User Experience" part of the product, which are the elements you use to configure the gauges on your panels.

The screenshot shows live, in-sim, no-reload the aircraft, no-reload the simulator to take effect approach. Our customers of the X-Plane version certainly appreciate they can change settings so quickly while flying. This is only half of the experience, the other half being how you put these gauges to your panels easily and effortlessly. I won't tell right now what it will be, but this is what we are chasing the latest bugs from before release!

When we've released our first GNS product, 15 years ago, and for all versions afterward, we've offered an external application (GNS config) to help you list available aircraft, add/remove your GNS gauges, and access gauges settings. This tool was based on list-view / tab interface and I can see that there are other gauge products on the market reusing our GNS config concepts almost as-is... This look-and-fell is 15 years old though!

Time to evolve and offer a much better user experience to configuring the product.

• Upvote 2

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Just a quick question regarding aircraft that were built with RXP compatibility in their panel - specifically the Realair Duke (non turbine). As this aircraft can be shoe horned into P3Dv4, will the RXP GNS for P3Dv4 still be able to be integrated into the panel as it was previously in FSX?

David Porrett

4 hours ago, DavidP said:

will the RXP GNS for P3Dv4 still be able to be integrated into the panel as it was previously in FSX?

Yes, because it is still a gauge, like before, and like I've explained in another post, we've found a way to bend the SDK and make the simulator see not only the gauges in the gauge file (the .gau/.dll), but also gauge names aliases.

For example, one of the included GNS V2 gauge is "GPS_500_1" (for the COM-less variation), and it also has an alias "GPS_500". Say you copy and rename the rxpGNS2.gau (or .dll in P3D) to fs9gps.gau in the aircraft panel folder, and automatically, every aircraft using the default fs9gps!GPS_500 will load our GPS 500 instead! This is one possibility aliases offer. Another one: say you aircraft vendor has made a variation for another GPS gauge, but won't re-release a variation for ours (because it is an old aircraft no longer supported). Just make copy and rename the gauge file to the local panel folder and let the panel pickup the alias (we have a bunch of them for our old GNS gauge, and it'll be easy to add more if needed.

• Upvote 1

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

3 hours ago, RXP said:

For example, one of the included GNS V2 gauge is "GPS_500_1" (for the COM-less variation), and it also has an alias "GPS_500". Say you copy and rename the rxpGNS2.gau (or .dll in P3D) to fs9gps.gau in the aircraft panel folder, and automatically, every aircraft using the default fs9gps!GPS_500 will load our GPS 500 instead! 

Wow, that is fantastic! So we're also getting the Garmin GNS 500. Great stuff. Glad RXP is back!

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

4 hours ago, RXP said:

Yes, because it is still a gauge, like before, and like I've explained in another post, we've found a way to bend the SDK and make the simulator see not only the gauges in the gauge file (the .gau/.dll), but also gauge names aliases.

For example, one of the included GNS V2 gauge is "GPS_500_1" (for the COM-less variation), and it also has an alias "GPS_500". Say you copy and rename the rxpGNS2.gau (or .dll in P3D) to fs9gps.gau in the aircraft panel folder, and automatically, every aircraft using the default fs9gps!GPS_500 will load our GPS 500 instead! This is one possibility aliases offer. Another one: say you aircraft vendor has made a variation for another GPS gauge, but won't re-release a variation for ours (because it is an old aircraft no longer supported). Just make copy and rename the gauge file to the local panel folder and let the panel pickup the alias (we have a bunch of them for our old GNS gauge, and it'll be easy to add more if needed.

This is great news!

I have 3 very important airplanes waiting for your new gns units.

*Lotus L39 uses GNS 430 in FSX

*Realair Lancair uses the GNS 530 in FSX

*Realair Duke v2 uses both the GNS 530 & 430 in FSX

If I need any help, I hope you can help me get the gns units working in p3d v4.

Thanks.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

The GTN and GNS products are looking really good, congrats. They'd be a definite buy for me, if only the databases were updatable for a reasonable cost. I understand why that's not possible, just wishful thinking. I can't afford the official Garmin subscription prices.

Good luck with the launch!

10 hours ago, cptburgos said:

This will be compatible with AP4000 GNS 430 module from elite?

I can't vouch for this one, but the new GNS V2 and GTN Touch will now offer the option to intercept the standard FS 'GPS' key events. This way, if any hardware is capable of commanding with the default GPS, it will be able to command our GPS as well!

26 minutes ago, RXP said:

I can't vouch for this one, but the new GNS V2 and GTN Touch will now offer the option to intercept the standard FS 'GPS' key events. This way, if any hardware is capable of commanding with the default GPS, it will be able to command our GPS as well!

Those few days must be over now 😀 looking forward to this product. 

45 minutes ago, RXP said:

it will be able to command our GPS as well!

That's good news!  Will the GTN touch be functional on a touch screen monitor?

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

9 hours ago, Hubinsc said:

Will the GTN touch be functional on a touch screen monitor?

This one only depends on how your touch screen monitor sends the 'touches' to your computer. If there are 'converted' as mouse events (i.e. left mouse button down, then mouse move, then left mouse button up), then it should work as-is. The gauge does no magic here: it just gets mouse events from the simulator, which gets it from Windows, which gets it from input devices (mouse, touch screen etc...).

Hi , can you also please tell if your G500/G600 simulation is planned before the end of that year ? thanks