Sign in to follow this  
StChalky

Orbx 48% off most items

I'll just throw this out there:

If you're a US customer, the exchange rate is potential changing quickly this week from the look of it. So, the AUD is climbing on the USD right now, and if you're a miserly lick penny like I am, every cent counts. If you're a US dollar customer, you may want to jump on the sale today, instead of tomorrow. :-)

1 hour ago, zmak said:

Anyone not bought LOWI do yourself a Yuuuge favor and grab it while you can, I had the Aerosoft version and wasn't sure whether to buy another but what a difference! I think Aerosoft has sold their last Approaching Innsbruck

Loads of eye candy and amazing frame rates ,locked 30 in pmdg 737 both on ground and in air.

You just made it a buy for me.I was waiting for the AS version to price-drop.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, rightseat said:

I'll just throw this out there:

If you're a US customer, the exchange rate is potential changing quickly this week from the look of it. So, the AUD is climbing on the USD right now, and if you're a miserly lick penny like I am, every cent counts. If you're a US dollar customer, you may want to jump on the sale today, instead of tomorrow. :-)

That has certainly been advantageous as someone from the states. It's about 1:.78 at the moment which combined with the sale is a real steal. I picked up LOWI already but am eyeing Norway. Just gotta sell the wife on it. Beg for forgiveness over asking for permission? Perhaps!

- Aaron

On 8/10/2017 at 8:43 PM, PWJT8D said:

I just picked up Valdez, Telluride, San Diego and Innsbruck. So far they all look amazing in P3Dv4. I really appreciate the sale!

What? I thought V4 of these are not out yet. How did you make them work? 

2 minutes ago, joemiller said:

What? I thought V4 of these are not out yet. How did you make them work? 

You follow these instructions from ORBX Fastlane ObjectFlow 2 Open Beta

It's quite simple really, takes just a few minutes and an update to your FTX Central and then there you go, all of your sceneries will be installable to v4. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Thank you, Andrew.

I just bought San Diego (KSAN) and don't know if it's only me or if this is how the addo-on was created.. the airport textures are sharp, but all the rest of the extended scenery is so low def... blurry!  Why? 

On 8/8/2017 at 0:00 PM, psolov said:

Can anyone comment on your thoughts of the Orbx LOWI vs. the Justsim LOWI? I picked up the Justsim version a while back and it is pretty good, but with the sale now I'm wondering if it's worth picking up the Orbx version. For a marginal difference I probably would pass but if it is significantly better I may go for it. Thanks in advance!

Cheers, Pete

Sorry for the bump, just wondering if anyone can confirm it it's worth it to pick up the Orbx LOWI if i already have the Justsim version. I can't seem to find any side by side comparisons (which I find surprising) Thanks!

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

9 hours ago, psolov said:

Sorry for the bump, just wondering if anyone can confirm it it's worth it to pick up the Orbx LOWI if i already have the Justsim version. I can't seem to find any side by side comparisons (which I find surprising) Thanks!

Cheers, Pete

Did you happen to see vc10man's post about the Aerosoft LOWI. Is that the same one you're referring to? He seemed to think it was worth 2 versions. :-)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, rightseat said:

Did you happen to see vc10man's post about the Aerosoft LOWI. Is that the same one you're referring to? He seemed to think it was worth 2 versions. :-)

I did, and I actually have the Aerosoft version (it's quite old) but wasn't really considering that as completion. The one I was referring to is the Justsim version which is much more recent. I have no doubt that Orbx one is the best but can't quite tell how it compares to Justsim. Judging from the reviews I may just get it because the reviews are making it seem that perhaps it's too good to pass up.

Cheers, Pete

• Upvote 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

The end of this sale was absolutely comical!!  First, last week a discussion (rooted in verification) of when the actual end of the sale would occur.  Once a conclusion was decided (based upon ORBX's terms of the end being given in AEST time and a world defying definition of "Midnight")... of course, that conclusion was wrong!

This same thing happens each time they have a sale.  One would think they could use UTC in defining the end of a sale.  Or even jump into the 21st century and use a countdown timer on the website.  Feel bad for the folks planning to buy before the "end" of the sale (I passed on this sale... have plenty of ORBX stuff and planned on putting my simming cash to other addons in my new P3Dv4 build).

And too bad for the artists who make up ORBX... they missed out on the late rush (of money to be thrown at them).

Greg

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, lownslo said:

The end of this sale was absolutely comical!!

(I passed on this sale... have plenty of ORBX stuff and planned on putting my simming cash to other addons in my new P3Dv4 build).

Well, I completely missed the comical conclusion of the sale, because I also hardly made use of it. Besides already having plenty of ORBX stuff bought before their new unified system (which I despise), I don't like using my credit card online. So I only bought the new Germany North region at the start of the sale and couldn't be bothered about the rest of it. There are still plenty of ORBX stuff I can get and I also feel sorry for all their developers, but I will only spend serious money on ORBX again when they give everything back we had at FlightSimStore: download to hard disk (we have that now, but it is very hidden), review/ratings system, Wishlist/Watchlist system, PayPal.

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

18 minutes ago, rooitou said:

Well, I completely missed the comical conclusion of the sale, because I also hardly made use of it. Besides already having plenty of ORBX stuff bought before their new unified system (which I despise), I don't like using my credit card online. So I only bought the new Germany North region at the start of the sale and couldn't be bothered about the rest of it. There are still plenty of ORBX stuff I can get and I also feel sorry for all their developers, but I will only spend serious money on ORBX again when they give everything back we had at FlightSimStore: download to hard disk (we have that now, but it is very hidden), review/ratings system, Wishlist/Watchlist system, PayPal.

Likewise. I would have picked up Northern and Southern California, but my FTX Central doesn't appear to be able to complete any kind of installation at the moment and their support guys appear to have given up on sorting it out, so no sale.