Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

What's the best business jet for P3D mid 2017?

4 minutes ago, N400QW said:

Ryan, if you are referring to our post, let's understand that 32 Bit simulator platforms such as FSX Gold, FSX Steam, and P3Dv3 remain viable platforms and we will continue developing for that platform and add the 64 Bit platform projects as workload and allows.:cool:

Yeah I was - I added a new post since that one with some more of my opinions.  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

23 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Additionally, some of these devs started on their wares years ago (the two mentioned above), and at this current rate, are being eclipsed by newer sims and the x64 platforms.  In other words, you work so hard for years on complex avionics only to find out your product no longer works in x64.

I'd guess this more than the other...that thing of which we do not speak.  You make something, the new platform breaks it, repeat, repeat.  I've definitely become convinced that the platform (p3d, xplane, etc.) that makes it easiest and fastest to create and repair content will, eventually, come out on top. 

43 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

Would you like to expand on this a bit?

12 minutes ago, klamal said:

They are pretty much the ONLY available. But that doesn't make them anywhere near good or the best. Visually, carenado is good, yes. But that's the complete end of it. They aren't even in the same solar system when it comes to development quality and capabilities compared to the likes of PMDG and FSLabs. With the GTN, sure, you cab fly online competently. But no where close to realistically like you can in a PMDG or FSLabs aircraft.

Pretty much that.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

12 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Yeah I was - I added a new post since that one with some more of my opinions.  

Understood, some seem to think that true 64 Bit development is a simple plug n play requirement but we can assure you it is not...:cool:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

4 hours ago, btacon said:

Just a quick note to add to this topic.  I came across this thread yesterday.  Saw the discussion and saw that the FSW Lear 35 had been reissued with a P3dv4 installer and the 64 bit dll for its control panel.  Thinking, I don't have a biz jet yet I downloaded an installed the software (I already owned it for P3dv3).

For me, it more than met my expectations.  Installer worked.  Had checkbox to install my GTN Combined 750 which worked perfectly.  All sounds, functions, and flight characteristics are as I remember them.  All in all a great addition to my v4 aircraft livery.

If you already own it, its a no-brainer that you need to get the update and install it.  If you are looking for a small biz jet, the FSW Lear 35 is a worthy contender IMO

My 2 cents,

-Braun

Where did you purchase this?

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

58 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Hold off until a 50% off sale.

http://www.flysimware.com/website/LEARJET_35A.html

Unless you have money to burn.

I think it's worth full price!  The systems are well modeled and the GTN is 3D integrated.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

28 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I think it's worth full price!  The systems are well modeled and the GTN is 3D integrated.

Thanks.

Have you tried Paul's upgraded VC textures?

I want to read what you think.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I'm flying with Paul's upgraded textures now and really like them, agree with Ryan nice plane and a lot of fun to fly!

Martin

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

I have to buy the Flight1 GTN also, so the sale price makes it more manageable. I don't have the deep pockets I used to and after moving up to P3D my PMDG Queen, 737 and 777 licenses are going to waste. I could only afford the PMDG 777 this summer for P3DV4. Hopefully there is a sale soon.

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

Thanks.

Have you tried Paul's upgraded VC textures?

I want to read what you think.

Negative - PC is still out of service hehe

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Did someone in here try the Premier 390 from Carenado?

Seems to be the latest released business jet from them and would be nice to know how it compares to their other models.

One thing I like about it is it supports SIDs and STARs without having to buy an external module such as the GNS 750 if I understand the product page correctly.

I also like the yoke has the normal shape to match my Brunner CLS-E yoke.

Richard Åsberg

6 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

One thing I like about it is it supports SIDs and STARs

It supports Sids and Stars because it has a navigraph database included, however you cannot do a direct-to because you will lose your flightplan, practically useless online.

I bought (to my regret) the 550 and the 525 both with the navigraph extension packs, both look lovely but are essentially useless in the avionics department as are all the Carenado jets. 

You  would be a brave man to try and fly one of these on Vatsim.

• Upvote 1

A Question, how do you update the data on the GTN 750. I purchased it but it looks like you are locked into the data on the training database.

Johan Pienaar

10 minutes ago, Glynn said:

It supports Sids and Stars because it has a navigraph database included, however you cannot do a direct-to because you will lose your flightplan, practically useless online.

I bought (to my regret) the 550 and the 525 both with the navigraph extension packs, both look lovely but are essentially useless in the avionics department as are all the Carenado jets. 

You  would be a brave man to try and fly one of these on Vatsim.

Thanks for helping me keep my money in my wallet Glynn :)

Fact is I found some really good clips on YouTube yesterday after writing my last post that convinced me 100% the kind of products developed by Carenado is not the kind of products I'm interested in.

Very stripped down systems compared to real life and even the parts of the systems remaining in Carenado's models often don't function as they should with very unpredictable results using them.

Pretty toys I guess would sum things up quite well and definitely not the kind of aircraft model I want to be in during a busy Vatsim event with lots of online traffic and full ATC coverage...

Richard Åsberg