Sign in to follow this  
Indy511

Japan

Hi Michael,

I've just placed an order with amazon.co.jp. Let's see what happens. :cool: 

If I'm not wrong the competitor for RJTT was Wing Creation who announced RJTT on their Facebook page.

By the way, at least for Osaka City (not the General Aviation airport RJOY) there is a freeware alternative - which is very good - at http://fsx.o.oo7.jp/ . It has some nice models e.g. of Osaka castle and large parts of the city and seems to do an equally good job. If you don't really need the airport (most airline traffic is handled at the other airports, RJOO and RJBB), this freeware package might work, too. They also have a Kyoto scenery... 

Markus

Best regards,

Markus Vitzethum ("ps1flyer")

3 minutes ago, ps1flyer said:

By the way, at least for Osaka City (not the General Aviation airport RJOY) there is a freeware alternative - which is very good - at http://fsx.o.oo7.jp/ . 

Yes, I know that site. They also provide a Tokyo Scenery and some others which I used before. Unfortunately, their aerial images are very low-res compared to today's standard, thus I prefer Haruo's Landclass as a base. However, you are right, they have some really good models indeed. When I experimented with them some years ago, it was possible to just use the models and forget about the aerial images. Might be worth trying again.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

8 hours ago, pmb said:

Yes, I know that site. They also provide a Tokyo Scenery and some others which I used before. Unfortunately, their aerial images are very low-res compared to today's standard, thus I prefer Haruo's Landclass as a base. However, you are right, they have some really good models indeed. When I experimented with them some years ago, it was possible to just use the models and forget about the aerial images. Might be worth trying again.

Kind regards, Michael

Would definitely try that a just have the models appear.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

On 2017. 8. 23. at 10:25 AM, bills511 said:

Anyone know of P3dV4 compatible airports for Japan? Kansai RJBB, Narita RJAA, Chubu Centrair RJGG, Haneda RJTT. Could never understand why Japan always seemed to be ignored in the airport scenery category. I saw some over at SimMarket but are old and outdated.

I am using below sceneries.    freewarescenery.com/fsx/japan.html

Hi all,

I live in Japan and am a former developer for an old simulator.

I've been interested in doing scenery work for FSX/P3D for a long time but have never quite figured out the tools people are using, especially to reliably get satellite imagery. I developed a scenery for CAP3 (Sechelt Gibsons) which looked beautiful but the tool necessary to download the sat images was a royal pain in the word not allowed to use, full of bugs, crashes, weird sizing problems etc.

If there is anyone who has experience making scenery and would not mind teaching me the basics, I would be willing to do Japanese scenery, especially the water masks and such. I would also be willing to do stuff like sloped runways and proper taxiways if someone could teach me what needs to be done to make that work in P3D. I am afraid I am not much of a 3d modeler though, so I will leave the buildings to someone else.

It is really unfortunate that Japan is so neglected - Korea too. The sheer number of mountains, high humidity in summer, and plenty of coastlines make for very interesting VFR flying. Mt. Fuji is beautiful but you wouldn't know it looking at the stock scenery. There needs to be a lot more satellite imagery around Japan.

• Upvote 2

Hi all,

On 11.9.2017 at 6:45 PM, ps1flyer said:

I've just placed an order with amazon.co.jp. Let's see what happens. :cool: 

sucess!

My parcel from amazon.co.jp with Technobrain's Tokyo-Haneda (RJTT) v2 scenery on CD-ROM arrived today at my place. It took me a couple of minutes to run through the Japanese language installer (and many more minutes to complete the - optional - user registration on the web page for the members club [not required for installation or updates] but basically RJTT v2 installed just perfectly into my FSX installation.

It turns out that Technobrain's RJTT v2 even runs perfectly in P3D v3 and P3D v4. 

For the installation into P3D v4 there is initially a night-time crash but this is caused by just four files which seem to be related to the approach lights (rjtt_sfl_v_22.bgl, rjtt_sfl_v_23.bgl, rjtt_sfl_v34l.bgl and rjtt_sfl_v_34R.bgl). Removing them from the scenery directory makes RJTT v2 perfectly stable in P3D v4. Apparently, nothing significant seems to be missing, see below. Note that although it is not apparent from the night time screen shot, I still have approach lights for the runways.

Below screenshots are from P3D v4 with Technobrain's RJTT v2, Samscene WOW Tokyo (without photo background) and ORBX.

RJTT-Day.jpg

RJTT-Night.jpg

Markus

• Upvote 1

Best regards,

This site has some Japan scenery:

https://samscene.com/#

• Upvote 1

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3296/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi/RTX 4060ti/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

• Upvote 1

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3296/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi/RTX 4060ti/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

On 9/18/2017 at 4:42 PM, ps1flyer said:

Hi all,

sucess!

My parcel from amazon.co.jp with Technobrain's Tokyo-Haneda (RJTT) v2 scenery on CD-ROM arrived today at my place. It took me a couple of minutes to run through the Japanese language installer (and many more minutes to complete the - optional - user registration on the web page for the members club [not required for installation or updates] but basically RJTT v2 installed just perfectly into my FSX installation.

It turns out that Technobrain's RJTT v2 even runs perfectly in P3D v3 and P3D v4. 

For the installation into P3D v4 there is initially a night-time crash but this is caused by just four files which seem to be related to the approach lights (rjtt_sfl_v_22.bgl, rjtt_sfl_v_23.bgl, rjtt_sfl_v34l.bgl and rjtt_sfl_v_34R.bgl). Removing them from the scenery directory makes RJTT v2 perfectly stable in P3D v4. Apparently, nothing significant seems to be missing, see below. Note that although it is not apparent from the night time screen shot, I still have approach lights for the runways.

Below screenshots are from P3D v4 with Technobrain's RJTT v2, Samscene WOW Tokyo (without photo background) and ORBX.

RJTT-Day.jpg

RJTT-Night.jpg

Markus

That's great glade you got your package Markus do you have anymore screens shots close ups of the terminal?

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

On 19.9.2017 at 11:07 PM, Silverbird said:

That's great glade you got your package Markus do you have anymore screens shots close ups of the terminal?

Hi Cesar,

sorry that it took me a few days to get back to you, but here are some more screenshots for you. These are unedited screenshots directly from P3D v4, hope you like them. (I have 3 monitors attached to P3D so it's a very wide screen.)

By the way, I placed another order with Amazon Japan and the box with Technobrains RJBB (Osaka Kansai Int'l) arrived already (after just 3 days in the mail). This is also a beautiful Japan scenery, more on that later, if you want to see some screens. It turns out that Technobrain partnered with Aerosim - this seems to be effectively an upgraded and improved version of Aerosim's RJBB.

TB_RJTT1.jpg

TB_RJTT3.jpg

TB_RJTT2.jpg

TB_RJTT4.jpg

TB_RJTT5.jpg

TB_RJTT6.jpg

TB_RJTT7.jpg

TB_RJTT8.jpg

TB_RJTT9.jpg

TB_RJTT10.jpg

TB_RJTT11.jpg

Best regards,
  Markus

Best regards,

1 hour ago, ps1flyer said:

Hi Cesar,

sorry that it took me a few days to get back to you, but here are some more screenshots for you. These are unedited screenshots directly from P3D v4, hope you like them. (I have 3 monitors attached to P3D so it's a very wide screen.)

By the way, I placed another order with Amazon Japan and the box with Technobrains RJBB (Osaka Kansai Int'l) arrived already (after just 3 days in the mail). This is also a beautiful Japan scenery, more on that later, if you want to see some screens. It turns out that Technobrain partnered with Aerosim - this seems to be effectively an upgraded and improved version of Aerosim's RJBB.

TB_RJTT1.jpg

TB_RJTT3.jpg

TB_RJTT2.jpg

TB_RJTT4.jpg

TB_RJTT5.jpg

TB_RJTT6.jpg

TB_RJTT7.jpg

TB_RJTT8.jpg

TB_RJTT9.jpg

TB_RJTT10.jpg

TB_RJTT11.jpg

Best regards,
  Markus

Hi Markus..no worries :) that looks great thank you so much for posting these screenshots...that's  interesting in updated  aerosim RJBB from Technobrains I wonder why didn't they have there scenery on aerosims english page.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Really good info in this thread! A question about some of the freeware linked: Are they P3Dv4 compatible?

Thanks all!

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

5 hours ago, SKEWR said:

Really good info in this thread! A question about some of the freeware linked: Are they P3Dv4 compatible?

As always, Robert-Jan Oosterloo's list

http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx/japan.html

gives an answer.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Hi all,

just to keep the thread going, here some more screenshots (and I'll just keep my P3D v4 widescreen format) from Technobrain's Osaka-Kansai Int'l Airport CD-ROM. Note that there is both, a Technobrain label and an Aerosim label on the CD-ROM box. From the looks and from what I understand from the Japanese manual, I'm pretty sure that TB and AS partnered here and the TB version of RJBB is actually an upgraded - an better looking version of Aerosim's RJBB. I like it, anyway.

Some more updates. I was also able to order - successfully - the Technobrain scenery for Osaka Yao (General Aviation) airport, RJOY on airshop.co.jp. Again, the most difficult part was the user registration, getting the shop system to accept address and my (European) name in the correct Japanes characters. Once that was done, it was a straightforward ordering process. More images on RJOY later on.

Then I found that Technobrains RJTT and RJBB are indeed available as download versions - again, on Amazon.co.jp. Here is the link:

Amazon.co.jp - Technobrain RJTT v2 download

It says it's available to customers located in Japan only - you might want to try using a Japanese postal address in the Amazon shop. 

TB_RJBB1.jpg

TB_RJBB2.jpg

TB_RJBB3.jpg

TB_RJBB4.jpg

TB_RJBB5.jpg

TB_RJBB6.jpg

TB_RJBB7.jpg

TB_RJBB8.jpg

Last but not least, a couple links with Japanese scenery overviews, not from freewarescenery.com but from Japanese locals: 

http://virtualcaptain.web.fc2.com/  Nice one, sorted by prefecture, indicates both freeware and payware.

http://mainlander-flight.blogspot.de/2015/10/JapanFSXSceneries.html   Long list of available sceneries

Some providers for freeware:

https://fsscenery.net/ja/ 

http://www.hi-ho.ne.jp/ja9evi/  or http://www.hi-ho.ne.jp/ja9evi/fsxmenu/fsxmenu.htm

http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~lets_fly/index.html

Enjoy,

Markus

• Upvote 1

Best regards,

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 4:42 PM, ps1flyer said:

For the installation into P3D v4 there is initially a night-time crash but this is caused by just four files which seem to be related to the approach lights (rjtt_sfl_v_22.bgl, rjtt_sfl_v_23.bgl, rjtt_sfl_v34l.bgl and rjtt_sfl_v_34R.bgl). Removing them from the scenery directory makes RJTT v2 perfectly stable in P3D v4.

I have the same RJTT scenery in P3D v4 and yes really working fine so far but no vehicles around as seen in FSX.

Patricio Valdes