Sign in to follow this  
YukonPete

QW 787 User Manual is available for DL

As the title says the QW 787 User Manual is available for DL. Its not the final copy. 

https://www.facebook.com/QualityWings/?hc_ref=ARR-3B18t3GiDHNIKyV9xgeuKJihFA5Pu5cLRrVjI16UubY5Yj7BeDEzNlM80355VJ0&fref=nf

• Upvote 2

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Guest JustanotherPilot

Release must be getting close... paintkit last week, manual this week.....product - next week?

So it comparable to pmdg level of detail in the sim.  I know the manual is lots of pages.  I just skimmed through it.

I always thought QualityWings produced intermediate skill level products.  I guess we all will find out when it is released

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

4 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

So it comparable to pmdg level of detail in the sim.  I know the manual is lots of pages.  I just skimmed through it.

I always thought QualityWings produced intermediate skill level products.  I guess we all will find out when it is released

Only a beta tester can answer it. But so far looks light years ahead of previous products. The 757 was fun to fly but it was word not allowed on systems. Heck you could start with the packs on just to name one silly thing with that aircraft.   I think its time they finally put the Quality in QualityWings. 

• Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

1 hour ago, HighTowers said:

Only a beta tester can answer it. But so far looks light years ahead of previous products. The 757 was fun to fly but it was word not allowed on systems. Heck you could start with the packs on just to name one silly thing with that aircraft.   I think its time they finally put the Quality in QualityWings. 

Terrible Post...the 757 was modeled a decade ago; at the time, QW's mantra was "complexity simplified."  To that point, they created a mid-range, 'quality' aircraft that represented great value (e.g. 3 models for the price of one).  After the 757, QW dropped the "complexity simplified" model and produced a sophisticated aircraft (i.e. BAE 146); this aircraft demonstrated the evolution of the QW team.  Moreover, it demonstrated a shift away from 'simplified' aircraft to more sophisticated simulations.   No doubt QWs evolution will be reflected in their latest rendition. However, the notion, or suggestion, that QW has not produced "Quality" aircraft is complete nonsense.  In point of fact, they produced quality aircraft based on a predefined design model that was aimed at a different segment of simmers.  After all, our hobby encompasses more than just 'hard core' simulation fans.  I bet many simmers enjoyed QW simplified 757 model...

Matt King

1 hour ago, Skywolf said:

So it comparable to pmdg level of detail in the sim.

And you know this....how, exactly?

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

We couldn't get off page one without an attack to another poster? In fact, HighTowers view is similar to mine. However, we are expressing our OPINIONS. The only terrible post would you be attacking someone for their opinion.  Quality, in this case, is in the eye of the customer. If a plane does something basic in the sim that it shouldn't do IRL (starting with packs on in this case) is it really "Quality"? As for your "facts" they ARE NOT "facts". Your definition of quality is subjective.

Anyways, their subsequent Bae/Avro was much better and I'm expecting the 787 to raise the bar again.

On topic: I'm willing to purchase the 787, but I'm not sure if it is study sim quality ( and in all honesty; it doesn't need to be a study sim). Doesn't mean it won't' be great, but I am expecting better than the very good Avro series, Kudos to QW for putting out the paint kit and documentation. 

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

1 hour ago, nealmac said:

He's right though.  The Crj manuel is quite good but the Crj cant fly in a straight line.  Saying that ive a feeling it's going to be a good product a 7.5 or an fsl low 8 but not pmdg level 9 out of 10 

I've had 2 weeks off work and go back on the Friday 22nd.  I predict (just to annoy me) it will come out on the 22! With the fsl so as I'm doing my 4 nights every one else will be flying that 787 and 320

14ppkc-6.png

I suspect that the QW 787 will indeed be a "study sim". I am fairly certain that they decided to "raise the complexity bar" when they announced the 787 project.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Oh great.  Here I am brushing up on my reading for the MD-88 for beta testing, studying the A330 manuals for beta testing, and now I'll have to add the 787 just for fun!  LOL

Really looking forward to this one.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 hour ago, nealmac said:

Omg, lol - I honestly had a typo.  I was wondering on how is the qw787 study depth compared to pmdg.  But looks like other users have already answered.  I must have been hungry or something as I ate some words.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

1 hour ago, tooting said:

He's right though.  The Crj manuel is quite good but the Crj cant fly in a straight line.  Saying that ive a feeling it's going to be a good product a 7.5 or an fsl low 8 but not pmdg level 9 out of 10 

I've had 2 weeks off work and go back on the Friday 22nd.  I predict (just to annoy me) it will come out on the 22! With the fsl so as I'm doing my 4 nights every one else will be flying that 787 and 320

Why are you (yet again) bringing the CRJ into it? My post was based on a comparison between Quality Wings and PMDG. I think you secretly love the CRJ, as you feel the need to mention it as often as possible.

Anyway, it sounded like he was comparing the aircraft systems, as opposed to comparing the manuals. Which is why I asked him how did he know.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

1 hour ago, Skywolf said:

Omg, lol - I honestly had a typo.  I was wondering on how is the qw787 study depth compared to pmdg.  But looks like other users have already answered.  I must have been hungry or something as I ate some words.

Yep, I just noticed that. I thought you were making a statement, rather than asking a question.

It's all cool bro.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough