YukonPete

QW 787 User Manual is available for DL

Recommended Posts

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Release must be getting close... paintkit last week, manual this week.....product - next week?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite extensive. Looks like its very well systems modeled.   Cant wait for the P3D version

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it comparable to pmdg level of detail in the sim.  I know the manual is lots of pages.  I just skimmed through it.

I always thought QualityWings produced intermediate skill level products.  I guess we all will find out when it is released

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

So it comparable to pmdg level of detail in the sim.  I know the manual is lots of pages.  I just skimmed through it.

I always thought QualityWings produced intermediate skill level products.  I guess we all will find out when it is released

Only a beta tester can answer it. But so far looks light years ahead of previous products. The 757 was fun to fly but it was word not allowed on systems. Heck you could start with the packs on just to name one silly thing with that aircraft.   I think its time they finally put the Quality in QualityWings. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HighTowers said:

Only a beta tester can answer it. But so far looks light years ahead of previous products. The 757 was fun to fly but it was word not allowed on systems. Heck you could start with the packs on just to name one silly thing with that aircraft.   I think its time they finally put the Quality in QualityWings. 

Terrible Post...the 757 was modeled a decade ago; at the time, QW's mantra was "complexity simplified."  To that point, they created a mid-range, 'quality' aircraft that represented great value (e.g. 3 models for the price of one).  After the 757, QW dropped the "complexity simplified" model and produced a sophisticated aircraft (i.e. BAE 146); this aircraft demonstrated the evolution of the QW team.  Moreover, it demonstrated a shift away from 'simplified' aircraft to more sophisticated simulations.   No doubt QWs evolution will be reflected in their latest rendition. However, the notion, or suggestion, that QW has not produced "Quality" aircraft is complete nonsense.  In point of fact, they produced quality aircraft based on a predefined design model that was aimed at a different segment of simmers.  After all, our hobby encompasses more than just 'hard core' simulation fans.  I bet many simmers enjoyed QW simplified 757 model...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skywolf said:

So it comparable to pmdg level of detail in the sim.

And you know this....how, exactly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We couldn't get off page one without an attack to another poster? In fact, HighTowers view is similar to mine. However, we are expressing our OPINIONS. The only terrible post would you be attacking someone for their opinion.  Quality, in this case, is in the eye of the customer. If a plane does something basic in the sim that it shouldn't do IRL (starting with packs on in this case) is it really "Quality"? As for your "facts" they ARE NOT "facts". Your definition of quality is subjective.

 

Anyways, their subsequent Bae/Avro was much better and I'm expecting the 787 to raise the bar again.

 

On topic: I'm willing to purchase the 787, but I'm not sure if it is study sim quality ( and in all honesty; it doesn't need to be a study sim). Doesn't mean it won't' be great, but I am expecting better than the very good Avro series, Kudos to QW for putting out the paint kit and documentation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nealmac said:

And you know this....how, exactly?

He's right though.  The Crj manuel is quite good but the Crj cant fly in a straight line.  Saying that ive a feeling it's going to be a good product a 7.5 or an fsl low 8 but not pmdg level 9 out of 10 

I've had 2 weeks off work and go back on the Friday 22nd.  I predict (just to annoy me) it will come out on the 22! With the fsl so as I'm doing my 4 nights every one else will be flying that 787 and 320

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect that the QW 787 will indeed be a "study sim". I am fairly certain that they decided to "raise the complexity bar" when they announced the 787 project.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh great.  Here I am brushing up on my reading for the MD-88 for beta testing, studying the A330 manuals for beta testing, and now I'll have to add the 787 just for fun!  LOL

Really looking forward to this one.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nealmac said:

And you know this....how, exactly?

Omg, lol - I honestly had a typo.  I was wondering on how is the qw787 study depth compared to pmdg.  But looks like other users have already answered.  I must have been hungry or something as I ate some words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tooting said:

He's right though.  The Crj manuel is quite good but the Crj cant fly in a straight line.  Saying that ive a feeling it's going to be a good product a 7.5 or an fsl low 8 but not pmdg level 9 out of 10 

I've had 2 weeks off work and go back on the Friday 22nd.  I predict (just to annoy me) it will come out on the 22! With the fsl so as I'm doing my 4 nights every one else will be flying that 787 and 320

Why are you (yet again) bringing the CRJ into it? My post was based on a comparison between Quality Wings and PMDG. I think you secretly love the CRJ, as you feel the need to mention it as often as possible.

 

Anyway, it sounded like he was comparing the aircraft systems, as opposed to comparing the manuals. Which is why I asked him how did he know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skywolf said:

Omg, lol - I honestly had a typo.  I was wondering on how is the qw787 study depth compared to pmdg.  But looks like other users have already answered.  I must have been hungry or something as I ate some words.

Yep, I just noticed that. I thought you were making a statement, rather than asking a question.

 

It's all cool bro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SKEWR said:

We couldn't get off page one without an attack to another poster? In fact, HighTowers view is similar to mine. However, we are expressing our OPINIONS. The only terrible post would you be attacking someone for their opinion.  Quality, in this case, is in the eye of the customer. If a plane does something basic in the sim that it shouldn't do IRL (starting with packs on in this case) is it really "Quality"? As for your "facts" they ARE NOT "facts". Your definition of quality is subjective.

 

Anyways, their subsequent Bae/Avro was much better and I'm expecting the 787 to raise the bar again.

 

On topic: I'm willing to purchase the 787, but I'm not sure if it is study sim quality ( and in all honesty; it doesn't need to be a study sim). Doesn't mean it won't' be great, but I am expecting better than the very good Avro series, Kudos to QW for putting out the paint kit and documentation. 

So. It's ok to 'attack' a reputable software company, but not  refute a fellow poster's comments, with facts?  I understand you're expressing your opinion; after all, that's precisely what I did.  Btw, I never attacked the poster...I questioned the post, which IMO is nonsense.  

Its tiring when posters attack software companies because they CHOOSE to produce aircraft that are not 'study level.'  I don't know how many times this has to be stated; we represent the minority.  There is a large segment of our hobby that prefers less sophisticated aircraft.  To suggest those companies don't care about 'quality' is nuts, they just have a different mission/goal...and that's ok!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even the term Study Level is subjective.  As far as I'm concerned, Study Level means that everything works in the modelled aircraft, failures are modeled, the systems react under all conditions (including failures), and one can perform 90% of the FCOM or better.  There are some real world sims that don't meet this criteria!

What I prefer is the term "High Level" sim, which I use in a broader context, and is meant to define an aircraft where a sim pilot is able to perform all the normal and routine flight deck operations that would take place on a normal flight.  Where airliners are concerned this this would include all the PMDG aircraft, Aerosoft Airbuses, Aerosoft CRJ, most all the Quality Wings line, Captain Sim, Leonardo, Majestic, TFDi Design B717, and a few others.  Sure, it's a pretty broad category, but all real world aircraft types aren't created equally.

-------------------------

BRAVO to everyone who mentioned that attacking our fellow users and our developers is just not right - whether anyone here intended to or not.  It makes my day when I see someone care about those issues in our community.  None of us should stand by passively on things like that.

We should all be quick to apologize when necessary, just admit when we're wrong about something. People will think much more of us for doing so.

Best wishes to everyone.

 

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is something about QW's manuals that rub me the wrong way.  Maybe there is too much wasted space on each page, which then translates into the manuals containing many more actual pages than they should.  Can't put my finger on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's out!
 

Edited by cmpbellsjc
Removed direct link as it's against Avsim TOS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why anyone would still fly FSX but good for QW for getting it released - it's a neat airliner I'd like to buy for P3D someday.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Not sure why anyone would still fly FSX

There are actually a LOT of people still using FSX and the forecast is for this to continue for the foreseeable future. Due to the low entry cost of FSX:SE, it's a terrific entry level / market generator for flight sim.

Quality Wings has had the 787 in development for quite a long time (I believe they even stopped and restarted developement some years ago), so I respect the fact that they chose to continue work on the FSX variant and push it to release.  When developers change course in mid-stream, products just get terribly delayed.

That said, I too look forward to the QW787 in P3DV4, and can't wait to help out with their Shared Cockpit - game changer for them!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kingm56 said:

Terrible Post...the 757 was modeled a decade ago; at the time, QW's mantra was "complexity simplified."  To that point, they created a mid-range, 'quality' aircraft that represented great value (e.g. 3 models for the price of one).  After the 757, QW dropped the "complexity simplified" model and produced a sophisticated aircraft (i.e. BAE 146); this aircraft demonstrated the evolution of the QW team.  Moreover, it demonstrated a shift away from 'simplified' aircraft to more sophisticated simulations.   No doubt QWs evolution will be reflected in their latest rendition. However, the notion, or suggestion, that QW has not produced "Quality" aircraft is complete nonsense.  In point of fact, they produced quality aircraft based on a predefined design model that was aimed at a different segment of simmers.  After all, our hobby encompasses more than just 'hard core' simulation fans.  I bet many simmers enjoyed QW simplified 757 model...

 

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Even the term Study Level is subjective.  As far as I'm concerned, Study Level means that everything works in the modelled aircraft, failures are modeled, the systems react under all conditions (including failures), and one can perform 90% of the FCOM or better.  There are some real world sims that don't meet this criteria!

What I prefer is the term "High Level" sim, which I use in a broader context, and is meant to define an aircraft where a sim pilot is able to perform all the normal and routine flight deck operations that would take place on a normal flight.  Where airliners are concerned this this would include all the PMDG aircraft, Aerosoft Airbuses, Aerosoft CRJ, most all the Quality Wings line, Captain Sim, Leonardo, Majestic, TFDi Design B717, and a few others.  Sure, it's a pretty broad category, but all real world aircraft types aren't created equally.

-------------------------

BRAVO to everyone who mentioned that attacking our fellow users and our developers is just not right - whether anyone here intended to or not.  It makes my day when I see someone care about those issues in our community.  None of us should stand by passively on things like that.

We should all be quick to apologize when necessary, just admit when we're wrong about something. People will think much more of us for doing so.

Best wishes to everyone.

 

There was no intent on my post to bash QW.  I merely mentioned that the 757 was IMO a very basic systems level aircraft. Was fun to fly as a 757 but was extremely simplified.  The Avro and BAE 146 was better but still quite simplified.  This 787 looks really great and looks way ahead of anything they did before. Alot of progress for them and cant wait to fly it. 

If someone doesnt like the level of systems, and wish to fly more default stuff, hey thats fine and totally up to them. But the previous aircraft didnt exactly exude quality for what I prefer to fly. So Im very pleased judging by the pics and previous video teasers it really does show a well polished product. Should be a successful launch for them

Wish everyone well.

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I worry that i will wait for ages to get my 146 P3D3&4 version...

Now dev will be busy with 787P3D ver., bug fixing and so on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of very welcome integrations (Active Sky and Navigraph), along with an EFB full of features, make this a very interesting title. Hopefully Bryan York from FS2Crew will get his hands on an SDK sooner than later. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now